SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

BEST Bang for the Buck Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-18, 05:20 AM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default BEST Bang for the Buck Coilovers

The stock ride is absolutely terrible. Just being honest. What are the BEST coilovers in terms of "Bang for the BUCK"

I'm thinking Tein CS is a good option. All opinions are welcome!!

Thanks!
Old 03-27-18, 02:50 AM
hoffy5
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe the ride is to soft and bouncy. Let us know if you find a solution, I wonder if Tires could firm up the ride?

B-
Old 03-27-18, 03:07 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by daSC4
The stock ride is absolutely terrible. Just being honest. What are the BEST coilovers in terms of "Bang for the BUCK"

I'm thinking Tein CS is a good option. All opinions are welcome!!

Thanks!
I chose the D2 Coilover.
What kind of ride are you trying to achieve?
Old 03-27-18, 07:05 AM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hoffy5
I believe the ride is to soft and bouncy. Let us know if you find a solution, I wonder if Tires could firm up the ride?

B-
Yes I absolutely agree with you. It feels very unstable as well. Tires could help but I think it's the design of the stock suspension that makes it feel that way.
Old 03-27-18, 07:06 AM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bgw70

I chose the D2 Coilover.
What kind of ride are you trying to achieve?
https://youtu.be/MeelohBW8YQ

How do you like the D2 Coilovers? I'm looking for something not too stiff and not too soft. 32 way adjustable would be nice. I read the BC Racing coilovers are good.
Old 03-27-18, 07:52 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

How do you like the D2 Coilovers? I'm looking for something not too stiff and not too soft. 32 way adjustable would be nice. I read the BC Racing coilovers are good.
soft or hard is very subjective but I can tell you the car is very solid on the road.
i have the settings at minimum and would like it a little softer.
i think we could have made the springs softer during the installation. The guy in the video talked about it.
Old 03-27-18, 01:55 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

So the big names in coilovers for the SC430 (from all that i've read that owners have tried) are BC, Megan, D2, Ksport, Godspeed, and a few others. I have been trying to do as much research as I can. One issue that occurs with nearly all these is excessive rear tire wear due to poor camber. I've heard there are some coilvoers that have rear camber adjustment. Does anyone know which of these companies offers a rear set with camber adjustment? I understand there are certain kits out there (RCA, SAGE Camber kits) that one can add to any coilover but if there's a coilver with adjustment then no need for extra parts. Hope to hear from anyone with experience on this matter. Thanks.
Old 03-27-18, 05:03 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
So the big names in coilovers for the SC430 (from all that i've read that owners have tried) are BC, Megan, D2, Ksport, Godspeed, and a few others. I have been trying to do as much research as I can. One issue that occurs with nearly all these is excessive rear tire wear due to poor camber. I've heard there are some coilvoers that have rear camber adjustment. Does anyone know which of these companies offers a rear set with camber adjustment? I understand there are certain kits out there (RCA, SAGE Camber kits) that one can add to any coilover but if there's a coilver with adjustment then no need for extra parts. Hope to hear from anyone with experience on this matter. Thanks.
i installed the SPC67510 kit on my 2002 after I installed coilovers and lowered the car one inch.
my rear camber is at -.5 degrees.
Old 03-28-18, 01:23 PM
NewLexland
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After 20k miles through Europe, the Alps up and down I can tell you from experience, Meister R is the way to go Just talk to Jerrick.
Old 03-28-18, 03:11 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 190 Likes on 149 Posts
Default Meister r

Originally Posted by NewLexland
After 20k miles through Europe, the Alps up and down I can tell you from experience, Meister R is the way to go Just talk to Jerrick.
l

$2k.....
Old 03-30-18, 12:02 AM
NocGTR
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got to say the suspension is a major let down on the SC430, will be something I will address in the future when I get the chance.
I was driving through a parking lot with speed bumps last week, and I can feel the front damper hit the bump stop every time on the way down.
I wasn't going slow, I was going "stand still" speed.... There is just no reason to have the suspension that soft.

Originally Posted by Caflashbob

$2k.....
Been looking too.

$995 delivered here: https://www.meisterr.com/products/zetacrd/
Old 03-30-18, 07:15 AM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NocGTR
I got to say the suspension is a major let down on the SC430, will be something I will address in the future when I get the chance.
I was driving through a parking lot with speed bumps last week, and I can feel the front damper hit the bump stop every time on the way down.
I wasn't going slow, I was going "stand still" speed.... There is just no reason to have the suspension that soft.

Been looking too.

$995 delivered here: https://www.meisterr.com/products/zetacrd/
My thoughts exactly. WOW that's a good deal right there. Thanks for the link!

Anyone else had any experience with these coilovers?
Old 03-30-18, 07:17 AM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NewLexland
Who's Jerrick? lol I'm relatively new to the SC430 community.
Old 03-30-18, 07:30 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Who's Jerrick? lol I'm relatively new to the SC430 community.
i think he might be referring to a guy at that European company...in Europe.
Old 03-30-18, 11:39 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by NocGTR
I wouldn't think that it should be hitting the bump stop going that slow. I don't believe that mine ever have. Possibly yours have gone bad and need to be replaced.

Quick Reply: BEST Bang for the Buck Coilovers