SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Help to ID missing items on sc430

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-18, 07:43 PM
MitchalTX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Help to ID missing items on sc430

I just picked up this 2002 SC430. Seems like it will be a fun car to drive.
Can anyone help me the following:
1. Pic 1: under front hood passenger side wire cover panel with arrow. No bolts or fasteners are holding this in place. I see the holes. What can I get to fasten this? Does it use a metal or plastic grommet/screw. Also do you know the size?
2. Pic 2: trunk.. Arrow pointing to some sort of missing cover panel. What belongs here and can I get a replacement?
3. Pic 3: missing all trunk what I call "fender push retainers" or "plastic fasteners" what size do I need to replace these? I guess black will be consistent but did the originalhave light grey?
Also missing in this pic is what I guess is the spare tire and accessories. Is it worth getting replacements and does anyone have a seller for these items?
4. Pic 4: I found this item laying under the front passenger seat. Does anyone know what it is and what location it belongs? I can't find any missing plastic.
5. No owners manuals in car. I'm OK not having them, but are there pages or info I should go ahead and print out and keep in the glove box , just in case?

Thanks for all the help.

Old 03-30-18, 07:58 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

1. Headlight ballast. Mine has missed the inside screw for years.
2. Fuse location -- do you see a fuse panel there? There is supposed to be a carpeted cover
3. I call them push pins. Available cheap from Lexus parts.
4. Seat belt bolt cover. Mine sits under the seat loose just like yours!
5. You will want to do a search in this forum and find PDF that Lexus put out describing how one person can put down/up the top manually. I think Habeous or VVtiBob posted it.

Last edited by JohnnyCake; 03-30-18 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-30-18, 08:25 PM
MitchalTX
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
1. Headlight ballast. Mine has missed the inside screw for years.
2. Fuse location -- do you see a fuse panel there? There is supposed to be a carpeted cover
3. I call them push pins. Available cheap from Lexus parts.
4. Seat belt bolt cover. Mine sits under the seat loose just like yours!
5. You will want to do a search in this forum and find PDF that Lexus put out describing how one person can put down/up the top manually. I think Habeous or VVtiBob posted it.
thanks

2. Looks like it is a fuse panel. Should I check with a dealership on a replacement? I could not figure out what its called to do a search for an online replacement.
3. is Lexus parts a web site?
I found these on Amazon:
Amazon Amazon
do you think these will work. Looks like these are 7mm . Should I get something lower profile and light grey.
5. I did a search and could not find the PDF, If Habeos or VVtiBob read this , can you give me a link to it.

Any ideas on the missing spare tire? Should I have kind of carpet cover over the jack and missing tools?

Thanks again.

Last edited by MitchalTX; 03-30-18 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-31-18, 04:45 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 910 Likes on 730 Posts

Ebay is your place, craigslist or car-part.com

NOTE: all SC430 trunks have the same interior color.

Tool kit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2010-L...BalcZ2&vxp=mtr

trunk carpet, find a clean one...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2010-L...FY-BNW&vxp=mtr

trunk tool kit cover
https://www.ebay.com/itm/02-Lexus-SC...!US!-1&vxp=mtr

Interior trunk with your missing cover...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-LEXUS-...1Z3My8&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Bgw70; 03-31-18 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-31-18, 07:08 AM
MitchalTX
Driver School Candidate

tthe trunk carpet that goes over the jack and tools , does it just lay on top or should it have a backer board under it?
Old 03-31-18, 07:18 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MitchalTX
tthe trunk carpet that goes over the jack and tools , does it just lay on top or should it have a backer board under it?

the red 2007 now has the spare tire, the 2002 does not have a spare tire.

its two items. One has backer board, the other has the Lexus logo and it is a carpet floormat

I wanted to show you a spare tire kit...these cars did not come with a spare tire because they had run flats

Old 03-31-18, 07:28 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Here is a clip you need...just pull one from the other side of the car and measure it...ebay has them really cheap. Amazon might cost more but you get them faster.
autozone etc has them also. The part of the clip that slides in the hole is about 6mm
what else can we help you with?

Last edited by Bgw70; 03-31-18 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-31-18, 07:37 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Here is a picture of the clip

Old 03-31-18, 09:40 AM
MitchalTX
Driver School Candidate

Ok, I ordered the below trunk mat and board. It might be a little darker grey. I hope its just the lighting but I will take it either way.
I still can't find the "trunk fuse carpet cover"
Old 03-31-18, 09:49 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, that trunk fuse cover might difficult to locate...I would check with local salvage yards
Old 03-31-18, 12:03 PM
VVTiBob

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

The chances of finding the fuseblock cover trim garnish are slim. So here is the part # 6471824020B0 if you want to order online or stop at a dealer. The area’s correct name is “luggage trim or garnish” the color is called medium charcoal,(as mentioned it’s the only trunk trim color) and I always thought it was just gray. Here is a diagram to help find your other missing luggage components. Oh, and to clarify, the SC4340s don’t come with a spare. The come originally with run flat tires. There is a spare tire kit, which is expensive, others have created their own alternatives. There are several threads on the topic.
The following users liked this post:
MitchalTX (04-04-18)
Old 03-31-18, 12:11 PM
VVTiBob

If you go to this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...c-430-a-3.html post #36 you’ll find a PDF I attached regarding the spare tire kit. The PDF has all the relevant part numbers for the kit.

Last edited by VVTiBob; 03-31-18 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-31-18, 12:28 PM
VVTiBob

The search tool is very helpful and ADVANCED tool, nested inside it moreso. By using the advanced tool you can limit the search to this forum, by default it searches ALL forums and that’s not helpful. You can also add a keyword, like PDF, and even a user’s name. So for example, searching SC430 2nd GEN forum for keyword PDF and my user name VVTiBob you find all threads where I’ve either posted, what I hope are helpful PDFs, or referred to others who have done the same.
The following users liked this post:
Steelsnow (04-06-18)
Old 03-31-18, 01:10 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
The search tool is very helpful and ADVANCED tool, nested inside it moreso. By using the advanced tool you can limit the search to this forum, by default it searches ALL forums and that’s not helpful. You can also add a keyword, like PDF, and even a user’s name. So for example, searching SC430 2nd GEN forum for keyword PDF and my user name VVTiBob you find all threads where I’ve either posted, what I hope are helpful PDFs, or referred to others who have done the same.
just add more search info...just click search this forum, and you will only search the SC430 threads.

Old 04-01-18, 08:31 PM
MitchalTX
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the feed back

i ordered a tool kit replacement also
can someone tell me when the “roof panel wrench” would be used?

Quick Reply: Help to ID missing items on sc430