SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Automobile Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-19, 08:21 AM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
. I’m having surgery next week and hope to be able to get in it again be July. Getting old is not for sissies!
I wish your surgery next week be a success and you come out as young man again, is my prayer for you.

Originally Posted by ivanj
Consider that insurance is for catastrophic events, and we want smaller premiums:
Do you have an opinion about Metromile? their insurance product is structured to benefit annual low miles drivers.
Old 05-03-19, 08:29 AM
ivanj
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Haven't looked into them but

Originally Posted by Prasha

Do you have an opinion about Metromile? their insurance product is structured to benefit annual low miles drivers.
I'm using Hagerty right now because of stated value option rather than actual cash value (ACV) that most companies, e.g. Geico, use. That way if it a total loss I get paid that amount not some pro-rated, discounted or Blue Book amount.

I have also had the air bags disabled in all my cars, for medical reasons, since they are more dangerous than just wearing seatbelts. Do they use airbags in F1?

Hint: check the fuses in the OM.
Old 05-03-19, 09:21 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm using Hagerty right now because of stated value option rather than actual cash value (ACV) that most companies, e.g. Geico, use. That way if it a total loss I get paid that amount not some pro-rated, discounted or Blue Book amount.

I have also had the air bags disabled in all my cars, for medical reasons, since they are more dangerous than just wearing seatbelts. Do they use airbags in F1?

yes I agree about hagerty and having a agreed cash value is nice. For those who it's their only car or daily driver they can't use hagerty.

About f1 and air bags. No they don't, but the have complete roll cage, helmets with head and neck restraints. Seats that support you by your shoulders, and supports your head . It's just not a fair comparison to make . People on the road aren't going to wear a helmet with a head and neck restraint in place of the air bag. dale Earnhardt would most like have survived if he had either a air bag or the head and neck restraint.
Old 05-03-19, 10:08 AM
ivanj
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Takata Airbags

Having airbags with recall notices in two different cars does not make me confident in airbags in their present implementations.

Even Ralph Nader said he made a mistake for advocating for them.

To each his/her own.
Old 05-03-19, 02:55 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Having airbags with recall notices in two different cars does not make me confident in airbags in their present implementations.

Even Ralph Nader said he made a mistake for advocating for them.

To each his/her own.
Safety features in car are over rated (imho) there are no data/statistics available of those died because they were stuck with seat belts during the accident, unable to unlock and escape the fire. How many times the rescue people had difficulty cutting the belt?
Old 05-06-19, 05:23 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

do they have low annual mileage quote? what is the lowest miles? Mercury has lowest 3k annual mileage quote.
Old 05-07-19, 03:07 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70

I pay $221.39 for 6 mo. Or $442.78 year

300/500/100
comp $250 ded
coll $1000 ded

5000 mi year
My monthly insurance payment cost more than your 6 mo payment......Insurance in Brooklyn, NY gotta be the highest amount the country.
Old 05-08-19, 03:07 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 904 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by grabber2
My monthly insurance payment cost more than your 6 mo payment......Insurance in Brooklyn, NY gotta be the highest amount the country.
So sorry to hear how much it costs in New York. I believe my insurance was less when I lived in Omaha, Nebraska.