SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Techstream & Cable Problem and solutions

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-20, 04:41 AM
neilp
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GmanSC
Regardless of cable ver., your TechStream will not connect to the VIM if you installed with Win10 due to the MVCI driver. Sorry but you need a pro help or just install it to a Win XP. BTW, the newer version of cable firmware and TechStream software just for newer Toyota & Lexus models.
OK thanks. I've decided to go ahead with the HV battery replacement. I would still like to get TIS running properly but the urgency has gone. I'll look for an XP laptop tt I can use.
Old 09-02-20, 11:38 AM
retarded
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings New Member Here,

Trying to using techstream and cannot use the disc ordered. I was wondering if anyone had firmware 2.0.1 to download? I tried looking online and found a virus on one of the share sites.

If anyone is in the SGV area or 91754 and can help out with turning off the DRL, that would help me out a lot. Or, can let me know where to find the firmware for 2.0.1 so I can try to connect to car. The DFEH in California is not very helpful for me.

Thank you and have a good day!!
Old 09-02-20, 12:06 PM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by retarded

Trying to using techstream and cannot use the disc ordered. I was wondering if anyone had firmware 2.0.1 to download? I tried looking online and found a virus on one of the share sites.

If anyone is in the SGV area or 91754 and can help out with turning off the DRL, that would help me out a lot. Or, can let me know where to find the firmware for 2.0.1 so I can try to connect to car. The DFEH in California is not very helpful for me.

To the best of my knowledge, you can't change the firmware on the cable.
Old 09-02-20, 12:17 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

Firmware is a software that permanently burned into the ROM and can not be replaced. Your problem is a software that is on the disk. Go to post no. 155 of this thread and download ver 12. If you install it to a 32-bit Window, you should not have any problem. Good luck.

Old 09-02-20, 12:20 PM
retarded
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the quick reply.

And my apologies for not being more clear, its not the firmware I need it is the driver for the computer to connect usb side.

I did look at the ad from the seller and the Mini VCI I ordered said 2535 Firmware 2.0.4 but, 2534 arrived with 2.0.1 and I still need the driver if I can hook up this cable.
Can this cable and techstream 12 work together to connect properly? Thanks again in advance for any help.................

Last edited by retarded; 09-02-20 at 12:21 PM. Reason: extra words - mistake
Old 09-02-20, 06:04 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

I did look at the ad from the seller and the Mini VCI I ordered said 2535 Firmware 2.0.4 but, 2534 arrived with 2.0.1 and I still need the driver if I can hook up this cable.
Can this cable and techstream 12 work together to connect properly? Thanks again in advance for any help.................
The VCI driver should be on your disk. Anyway, download the the ver 12 software from the link, it has every thing you need. And yes, your cable should work fine. Remember, install the software to a 32-bit Window.
Old 09-03-20, 11:19 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 490 Likes on 409 Posts

it is the driver for the computer to connect usb side.
Your problem is MOST LIKELY that you are trying to use 32 bit drivers on a 64 Bit Computer. Most versions of windows 10 are 64 bit. Techstream and the cables were designed back in the Windows XP days. Your best bet is to buy an old XP laptop off the internet and use that. Otherwise you need to google "Techstream 64 bit" or get a 32 bit version of Windows 10 from the microsoft website and wipe out your computer and start new.
Old 01-12-21, 08:20 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the heads up been searching why my brand new ebay generic techstream can't customize my 08 ls460

Do you think its cause of the cable version?

I took a pic of the "VIM" connection page and it's missing one or two things. What do I need to buy?

Old 01-12-21, 08:25 AM
jaxwins
Driver School Candidate

Try to buy 2.0 version.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3291...27424c4dADrMus
Old 01-12-21, 08:49 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks just ordered should be here in two weeks
Old 01-12-21, 10:55 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by derreckla
Thanks for the heads up been searching why my brand new ebay generic techstream can't customize my 08 ls460

Do you think its cause of the cable version?

I took a pic of the "VIM" connection page and it's missing one or two things. What do I need to buy?

What's exact problem? Could you connect to VIM?
Old 01-23-21, 07:13 AM
jrfiero
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Techstream on an old unconnected XP laptop

I just got my Techstream V13.00.22 and am installing it on an old Toshiba laptop running 32bit XP.
The issue is that this laptop has not been connected to the internet in years.
Not really a Techstream question yet, but what risk do I run connecting a non-updated XP laptop to the internet long enough to download the required files for Techstream installation?

Thanks,
Jonas
Old 01-23-21, 07:18 AM
Seattle SCone
Advanced

Received 293 Likes on 175 Posts

Download the install file from a modern machine. Then transfer them on a USB stick to your XP laptop. Just never activate the XP network connection .... ever.

Just decline to install the extra stuff when asked.
Old 01-23-21, 07:38 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 342 Posts

Don't go to sites that your mother would not approve of and you run almost zero risks. I found that I had to load Fire Fox to get on the web because the IE would not log onto the forum any longer to get to the link to download. I loaded CCleaner and that was it. No issues

Dennis
Old 01-23-21, 08:01 AM
Seattle SCone
Advanced

Received 293 Likes on 175 Posts

My biggest beef with Techstream is always having to do the VSC reset procedure after using the cable.
Useful software, but have your VSC reset tool ready after every usage episode.

Formerly employed a paper clip, but like others, now use a dedicated reset tool made from an OBD connector. That avoids the wrong pins connected ooops.

Techstream is still needed for advanced settings and data, but for simply scanning for trouble codes, I'm simply doing it via bluetooth LeLink adapter and Torque Pro.
No VSC reset problems when doing it that way.