SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Techstream & Cable Problem and solutions

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-21, 08:45 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Seattle SCone
My biggest beef with Techstream is always having to do the VSC reset procedure after using the cable.
Useful software, but have your VSC reset tool ready after every usage episode.

Formerly employed a paper clip, but like others, now use a dedicated reset tool made from an OBD connector. That avoids the wrong pins connected ooops.

Techstream is still needed for advanced settings and data, but for simply scanning for trouble codes, I'm simply doing it via bluetooth LeLink adapter and Torque Pro.
No VSC reset problems when doing it that way.
Seattle SCone, just build the adapter to remove the offending signals and you'll no longer have the problem. (I posted the design and later BGW built one also.) It works great and you'll no longer have the error show up.
Old 01-23-21, 08:46 AM
Seattle SCone
Advanced

Received 293 Likes on 175 Posts

Seattle SCone, just build the adapter to remove the offending signals and you'll no longer have the problem. (I posted the design and later BGW built one also.) It works great and you'll no longer have the error show up.
Ooooh! I did not know there was a work around adapter. Must find....

I tried "vsc signal techstream adapter" in advanced search, is it post #62 here? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...2-0-4-a-5.html

Last edited by Seattle SCone; 01-23-21 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-23-21, 09:13 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 566 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Seattle SCone
Ooooh! I did not know there was a work around adapter. Must find....

I tried "vsc signal techstream adapter" in advanced search, is it post #62 here? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...2-0-4-a-5.html
That’s the one. I could be wrong but I don’t think it works for 06+ SC.
Old 01-23-21, 09:21 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jrfiero
I just got my Techstream V13.00.22 and am installing it on an old Toshiba laptop running 32bit XP.
The issue is that this laptop has not been connected to the internet in years.
Not really a Techstream question yet, but what risk do I run connecting a non-updated XP laptop to the internet long enough to download the required files for Techstream installation?

Thanks,
Jonas
You will be fine since TechStream operation does not required an internet connection. Just make sure you have XP with service pack 3. The bad news is Ver 13 has bug, it will crash on Health Check and some other tests. I would get Ver 12. Don’t know about Ver 14.

Last edited by GmanSC; 01-23-21 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-23-21, 09:53 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 905 Likes on 726 Posts

I just installed v15 for a CL member.
It had a video showing the install process and included 32bit and 64bit drivers.
my AV detected a virus in the 64bit drivers file.
I only used the 32bit driver...
works great.

I have an old XP 32bit machine and still surf the web...
The following users liked this post:
GmanSC (01-23-21)
Old 01-23-21, 10:47 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Seattle SCone, yes that is the correct link. IIRC, you won't have the problem for 2006 and later but pre 2006 you will. This adapter will prevent the problem from occurring. DD's suggestion for how to build the adapter is a good one too and probably easier than the route and BGW and I took.
Old 01-23-21, 11:32 AM
Seattle SCone
Advanced

Received 293 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Harold57
Seattle SCone, yes that is the correct link. IIRC, you won't have the problem for 2006 and later but pre 2006 you will. This adapter will prevent the problem from occurring. DD's suggestion for how to build the adapter is a good one too and probably easier than the route and BGW and I took.
I'm working with a 2002, so yes. I do need to disable the CAN bus. Will look into modifying the Techstream dongle vs building an adapter. Nice to know about pin 14 and avoiding the dang VSC reset issue.

BTW, I'm successfully running an old Techstream 11.20 on a VMware Fusion virtual XP machine on a 2013 MacBook Pro! I turn off my MacBook's wireless connection before firing up the XP virtual machine.
Harold57 (01-23-21)
Old 06-03-24, 10:12 PM
Tre6ix
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GmanSC
Link’s still good. Anyhow, here is direct link to download.

https://mega.nz/#!91EmzBwC!UM6oi3gGA...OZzqLb9Qw7ajmo
I know this post is 4 years old, but wanted to thank for this new link, alongside information from post #155. Will be sure to check out the Nano and V12.
Anyone aware if V12 Techstream will allow for changes to air ride suspension height, specifically on jdm 2007 ls600h?
Old 06-03-24, 10:28 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tre6ix
Anyone aware if V12 Techstream will allow for changes to air ride suspension height, specifically on jdm 2007 ls600h?
I don't think it does.
Old 06-04-24, 06:31 AM
Tre6ix
Driver School Candidate

I don't think it does.
Thanks Gman.
By any chance, do you know if there is a version with ride height, key programming and seatbelt chime? These are the main items Im looking for.
Will give it a shot still at some point and report back. Ive adjusted the physical height sensors, but my OCD wont let me sleep now because the sensors arent even.. would like everything equal and level. Plus, after buying the car used, the seller even mentioned Techstream, making me nervous that more keys may have been programmed. Would like to put that thought to rest real quick.

Anyways, thanks to everyone in this thread for sharing their experience with Techstream. Will look for a 32 bit Windows to install on.
Old 06-04-24, 08:04 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Thanks Gman.
By any chance, do you know if there is a version with ride height, key programming and seatbelt chime? These are the main items Im looking for.
Will give it a shot still at some point and report back. Ive adjusted the physical height sensors, but my OCD wont let me sleep now because the sensors arent even.. would like everything equal and level. Plus, after buying the car used, the seller even mentioned Techstream, making me nervous that more keys may have been programmed. Would like to put that thought to rest real quick.

Anyways, thanks to everyone in this thread for sharing their experience with Techstream. Will look for a 32 bit Windows to install on.
It has been many years since I installed TechStream so I'm really outdated on this subject. I don't know what currently firmware version and software version are. Anyhow, Ver 2.4 firmware and any software version 10 and up will work on the SC, but if you also want to use it for newer model vehicles you need newer software versions which I don't. After you got TechSream, you can explore in the customization menu what options you can have and do with your car.
Old 06-04-24, 12:35 PM
Tre6ix
Driver School Candidate

It has been many years since I installed TechStream so I'm really outdated on this subject. I don't know what currently firmware version and software version are. Anyhow, Ver 2.4 firmware and any software version 10 and up will work on the SC, but if you also want to use it for newer model vehicles you need newer software versions which I don't. After you got TechSream, you can explore in the customization menu what options you can have and do with your car.
Understood. You seem to be the go-to member for Techstream haha. It's a 2007 LS600h. Will definitely dabble and re-post, even though this thread has been inactive for a while. I greatly appreciate your response!
Old 06-05-24, 06:12 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Understood. You seem to be the go-to member for Techstream haha. It's a 2007 LS600h. Will definitely dabble and re-post, even though this thread has been inactive for a while. I greatly appreciate your response!
Gman certainly has great knowledge and experience with TechStream.
The TechStream versions on eBay, amazon etc let you read and test most functions on our cars. They also allows customization for certain settings on the car but i am not sure if you will find a ride height adjustment. Most of those have to do with the height sensors under the car.

I know Techstream allowed me to disable the seatbelt chime and program keys on my 2007 SC430.

here is a list of items in the customization menu for what i think is a 2013
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/31...us-Ls600h.html

Last edited by Bgw70; 06-05-24 at 06:17 AM.
Tre6ix (06-05-24)
Old 06-05-24, 06:26 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

you could ask Dennis to look at the TechStream customization settings on his 2010 LS460.
@DJWLDW

Tre6ix (06-05-24)
Old 06-05-24, 12:38 PM
Tre6ix
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Gman certainly has great knowledge and experience with TechStream.
The TechStream versions on eBay, amazon etc let you read and test most functions on our cars. They also allows customization for certain settings on the car but i am not sure if you will find a ride height adjustment. Most of those have to do with the height sensors under the car.

I know Techstream allowed me to disable the seatbelt chime and program keys on my 2007 SC430.

here is a list of items in the customization menu for what i think is a 2013
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/31...us-Ls600h.html
I know I've seen a thread regarding Techstream ride height, but Ive lost it haha. Will link if I find it again. Thanks for your information! Belt chime, and keys are major though, plus steering wheel retraction and rear visor in reverse.