SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Techstream & Cable Problem and solutions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-24, 12:43 PM
Tre6ix
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bgw70
you could ask Dennis to look at the TechStream customization settings on his 2010 LS460.
@DJWLDW
I've definitely seen his name in the threads as well! Thanks for the shout out.
Was looking at getting v 12.10.019 (i think that's right) with the VXDIAG NANO non wifi on a 32 bit Windows 10 laptop. Seems to have most functions I would need for roughly $150 CAD including the laptop.

Pervious car owner sent a version of his techstream that he used on 64 bit, wondering if it's a newer version with less features though.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback.
Old 06-05-24, 01:01 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by Tre6ix
I've definitely seen his name in the threads as well! Thanks for the shout out.
Was looking at getting v 12.10.019 (i think that's right) with the VXDIAG NANO non wifi on a 32 bit Windows 10 laptop. Seems to have most functions I would need for roughly $150 CAD including the laptop.

Pervious car owner sent a version of his techstream that he used on 64 bit, wondering if it's a newer version with less features though.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback.
I used to have an old WinXP 32bit laptop until i saw this video, now it runs on a newer Win11 64bit machine.
its super easy to install and i believe its v12 or it could be a newer version.
The following users liked this post:
Tre6ix (06-11-24)
Old 06-05-24, 04:36 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 489 Likes on 409 Posts

If you have a windows PC that already has windows 10, I think you can change the 64 standard version with a 32 bit version for free.

Since they stopped supporting Windows 10, I don't know if this link will still work
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...8c0e053ec=True

But once you install it, you should be able to use the license code that is already on your computer

In case you were wondering, a 32 bit version of windows can only use one processor core. So your Quad Core I7 will still work, it just won't work as fast.

If you do it BGW's way, you can still run your computer at it's full potential
Tre6ix (06-11-24)
Old 06-11-24, 09:07 PM
Tre6ix
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DshngDaryl
If you have a windows PC that already has windows 10, I think you can change the 64 standard version with a 32 bit version for free.

Since they stopped supporting Windows 10, I don't know if this link will still work
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...8c0e053ec=True

But once you install it, you should be able to use the license code that is already on your computer

In case you were wondering, a 32 bit version of windows can only use one processor core. So your Quad Core I7 will still work, it just won't work as fast.

If you do it BGW's way, you can still run your computer at it's full potential
Loaded a bootable USB using Windows Media Creation Tool and updating BIOS boot order, but everytime, would reinstall Win 10 64 bit.
As BGW stated though, 32 should be needed only for cable firmware, where I plan on using VXDIAG VCX NANO. Seems this should work with 64.
Ended up going with Virtual Box for a 32 VM, and another VM for 64. Will be trying with V12, V17, and V18 TechStream on each and reporting back for future users.
in the meantime, was able to really dial in the ride height with the height sensors alone. Will upload pics soon with new "stance" (i wouldnt quite call my small adjustments stance, but you know.. XD).
Still plan on customizing creature comforts with TS + diagnostics and confirming no missing keys are still programmed. Will come back with results of each version on each VM and the features available.
Thanks again to everyone for the feedback, suggestions, and support.
The following 3 users liked this post by Tre6ix:
DJWLDW (06-12-24), doobs (06-12-24), Oldsig (06-12-24)
Old 07-01-24, 07:19 AM
doobs
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 104 Posts

So,

I had TechStream all set up on a laptop that I had installed 32bit Win10 on. Unfortunately, I forgot the password.....

I'm in the process of de-Microsoft-ing myself, so I thought I would try something different.

I installed Elementary OS on the laptop, and then the Linux version of VirtualBox.

I downloaded the OVA file from the link in the video and opened that in VirtualBox.

In watching the video he makes a comment after running the driver update that if it doesn't auto populate then "seek a higher power"...

Well mine didn't. A bit of digging indicates that you have to tell VirtualBox to use the specific USB device (it's one of the little icons in the lower right hand corner)

Once done, everything was copacetic.

I fired up TechStream, it connected, but wouldn't grab data. I had to futz around and tell it to commence communication (I couldn't tell you how, it isn't the most user friendly piece of software in the world).

The goal was to turn off the TPMS indication on the dash. By clearing the DTMs (?) the light went away.

I know the battery in #4 is dead, and the senders will all get changed next year when I get new tires.

For now though, I don't have to look at the indicator. And it won't be a discussion when I get to go get an inspection later in the month.

Thanks to all involved.

It takes a village to maintain a 15+ year old car....

Last edited by doobs; 07-01-24 at 08:12 AM.
DJWLDW (07-01-24)