SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Door buzz revisited...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-03, 01:08 PM
fulmitz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door buzz revisited...

Well, I finally took my car back so the regional lexus rep could hear the problem with the vibration on the drivers side door as no fixes such as packing with foam and tightening the speaker helped. The conclusion was... that's just the way it is and nothing can be done! I can't believe 62K for a car witha supposed AWESOME sound system that is marred by this horrific vibration. I asked to have the door panel replaced as someone here said it fixed the problem and the dealership did it without any hassle. My dealer says there is no garauntee it will fix the problem and is too expensive to try. Does anyone know who I would call at Lexus corporate to complain, also an address to write a letter. This is the worst experience with a car I've ever had. No Problems ever with my S2000 that couldn't be fixed with a quick visit whether a loose cup holder or a rattle in the roof latch and it's half the price. I don't mean to nit pick but I find it very distracting even when people are talking on the radio and their voice vibrates. Even with the base at 0 it vibrates, the only way to get it to stop is turn the base to -5.

Fulmitz
Old 07-16-03, 01:19 PM
RodF
Pole Position

That is ridiculous. There is no reason you should have to live with that. I hope you can get it resolved.

Last edited by RodF; 07-16-03 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-16-03, 03:24 PM
fulmitz
Driver

I hope so. Half the time I just turn the radio off. Then I hear the rear passenger side bracket creaking. They fixed it once but I guess it's loos again. Also, did anyone find the cause of the passenger seat noise, and a more permanent fix than moving the seat all the way back and then putting the lumbar all the way forward? Seems silly. You should be able to put the seat anywhere and have it be noise free. I hate "patches" or "work arounds" on such an expensive car!

Fulmitz
Old 07-18-03, 02:21 PM
pvo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try to call this number, Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m?

I used to have a problem with my SC300, and the dealer kept giving me excuses not to fix it. A call to Lexus and my problem was fixed 1 week later.
Old 07-18-03, 02:58 PM
vvking
Driver School Candidate

Default Passenger seat rattle

When I complained to my dealer about the passenger seat rattle, he said that he put some additional padding in the seat (I'm not sure exactly what he did, but the rattle went away after he did it).

He also said that they could "lube" the leather where the seat back meets the seat cushion (but this didn't turn out to be necessary).
Old 07-19-03, 10:58 AM
mjc99
Driver School Candidate

Default Call Lexus Customer satisfaction

I had the same exact problem with the same exact response from my dealer...until I began dealing with Lexus directly. You wouldn't happen to be in Mass., would you?

The buzz has been eliminated. I don't know what they did to fix it.

Again, call Lexus directly, or use the email tool on the lexus website. You WILL get a response.

regards,
Mark
Old 07-19-03, 07:35 PM
fulmitz
Driver

Actually friday afternoon I called lexus and complained about it. The man at Customer service said that he would look into it and get back to me but he understands that a car like that should not "buzz" and I should hear back in about 3 business days, so hopefully by this upcomming wednesday. I'm in New Orleans and the problem is there is only one dealer here. The closest dealership after this one is in Baton Rouge about an hour to an hour and a half away. I'll let y'all know what happens.

Fulmitz

p.s. stopped by the local Mazda dealer today and saw their first RX-8! BEAUTIFUL CAR!!! I'm an RX fan, had a RX-7 back in highschool.
Old 07-22-03, 08:01 AM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Didn't someone not too long ago say there was a TSB (technical service bulletin) for this problem? If anyone knows the number or name of that, could they post it here? I'm going in to my dealer and they act like they have no clue as to what I'm talking about. "Door buzz?? We've never heard of anythng like that??" I'll let them listen to mine and hopefully they'll understand. Has anyone taken their car to a high end audio shop to have some help with this?? If Lexus won't fix it, I might take mine there.

Last edited by Doc C; 07-22-03 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-22-03, 09:47 AM
fulmitz
Driver

actually this problem is due to the bass making the wood panel on the drivers side door buzz. All the tech bulliten says to do is to pack the door with foam and tighten the speaker screws. They did it three times and it didn't work.

Fulmitz
Old 07-23-03, 07:30 AM
Doc C
Lead Lap

The reason I was wondering if there was a number or some sort of identification or title for the TSB was because my dealer claims that there is no TSB, and acts like I'm the first on the planet to have the "door buzz" problem. I've told him there is a technical service bulletin from Lexus and he says there is none. I can't believe Lexus can't figure out a solution to what seems like an easy fix.
Old 07-25-03, 04:39 PM
fulmitz
Driver

Well, I got a call back from Elton at cuztumer cervice (done on purpose cause they're stupid) and he went and called everyone I already dealt with and left me a message telling me what they said "just don't have the bass up so high otherwise there is nothing we can do."

What a crock. I remember someone on this site saying the dealer replaced their door panel and it fixed the problem. If it is the bass then why doesn't the passenger door vibrate? The sound and bass are the same all around even on the passenger side and base is Omnidirectional. Any other suggestions or ideas? This drives me crazy that a $62K car would have this problem with a STOCK stereo system. If they had told me about this before I probably wouldn't have gotten it as it really gets on my NERVES!!!!!

Fulmitz

p.s. I whent and looked at the RX-8 today and the model I sat in isn't all that. It didn't have the leather or power seats and they weren't that comfortable. The engine specs seem similar to the S2000 I had which was fun but no torque and not a convertible, at least the S was a convertible
Old 07-25-03, 06:01 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

I had this door buzz problem when I first bought it, and pointed it out to my dealer during the first scheduled maintainence.

They did took apart the door panels and did something( I did not know exactly what ), but since then the problem is gone and I never did ask them what they did, and I've never been back there since I am still about 3000 km from my second scheduled maintainence. But in my case, it seems to prove that the problem can be fixed easily.
Old 07-27-03, 09:15 PM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Sexy SC,

Where do yo get your SC serviced?? I was wondering if I could have my service tech call the service dept at your dealership and ask them what they do for that?? The dealership in Denver has had varied success in treating this problem.

Doc C
Old 07-27-03, 09:22 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Jim Pattison Lexus in Vancouver, BC, Canada :

Jim Pattison Lexus
Old 07-28-03, 09:48 AM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Thanks Sexy SC. Appreciate it.