SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Help installing beatsonic In SC430

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-19, 09:16 AM
nprest2
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help installing beatsonic In SC430

All I just received the beatsonic mva-13L kit in addition to pioneer avh-W4400NEX next and feel a bit overwhelmed with the wiring component of the install.

I feel great about being to take the existing head unit out and get everything put back in but scratching my head about the wiring connections. I was hoping it would be more plug and play.

Can you guys help me figure this out and if this is within my skill set. I’d really like to DIY this.

For starters I am confused on how to connect the bullet type connectors of beatsonic to the AV in out type connectors for head unit audio (those are AV connectors)

the pionner power cord cord is also puzzling, it has a plug and play to back of radio and just a bunch of different colored wires coming out of it. I assume some of these wires must be connected to yellow orange red and blue wire on beatsonic. Is it as simple as stripping some of the wires and sticking it inside of the plastic connectors in beatsonic or will I need to do soldering and other things?

please see pictures below. In short, where I really need help is how to connect beatsonic wires to the new head unit. I won’t use the video wire. I read all of the guides on here and searched online but am still confused.

thanks for the help!
Old 03-09-19, 12:54 PM
leexed
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I found the wiring is not that difficult. First forget about the rca connections..you won't be using them. The only one that might be used would be if you are adding a rear camera, that one is labeled. I know they warn about cutting wires, but removing the bullet connectors and soldering and shrink wrapping the connections are much neater and more positive. Just follow the directions such as ..yellow to yellow, red to red, blacks are all ground. 2 sets of speaker connections only.
Old 03-09-19, 01:50 PM
nprest2
Rookie

Thank you! Perhaps I was looking at this wrong, looks like the only connector I need is the wiring harness from new head unit (see pic below) strip those wires, insert into bullet connectors and then push those into beatsonic...if I don’t want to solder the wires? And some electrical tape to hold in place?
Old 03-09-19, 01:55 PM
nprest2
Rookie

Do you crimp the attached bullet connectors when inserting wire into them?
Old 03-09-19, 01:58 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

I used the appropriate male/female connectors, when required.
Old 03-09-19, 01:59 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Have you taken the car apart to see what you need?
Old 03-09-19, 02:06 PM
nprest2
Rookie

Yes car is apart. I was just trying to figure out how to connect beatsonic wiring to the new headubit - the orange, yellow, etc. wires.

to confirm all you did was push the wires from your head unit power (I assume it came with a plug and play connector to back of radio and with a bunch of unconnected multi wires coming out of the end like this. Did you crimp the wires into the male / female connectors or just push it in and use electrical tape?

For example in this picture you’ll see I tried to connect the yellow wire from the head unit to beatsonic. Put the yellow wire into a male connector and then pushed it into beatsonic. Wire won’t stay in so I need to either crimp it or tape it.

this is the one part I am puzzled over
Old 03-09-19, 04:06 PM
nprest2
Rookie

Muddling through this.

what wire on the aftermarket head unit did you connect the Blue Antenna Remote wire from beatsonic to. Pioneer has a blue / white wire that is labeled “system remote control” which says connect to the system terminal of the power amp
Old 03-09-19, 04:25 PM
leexed
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes, again blue to blue. Crimp the connectors after inserting the stripped (bare wire end) into the bullet.
Old 03-09-19, 08:46 PM
nprest2
Rookie

So far no luck connected all the wires from beatsonic and power cord of headunit. Put climate control back in.

turned on car but no dice unit will not turn on, black screen.

I only connected the power cord did not connect the usb etc as I didn’t think that mattered

wondering what the problem could be, perhaps bad connection with crimp connectors, I’ll re-check tomorrow morning.

will the pioneer unit turn on with just the power harness plugged in or are other connections needed?

i noticed beatsonic has 13L in writing but there is a sticker on the side that says 11L wonder if there is a possibility it’s the wrong unit...hopefully not

Last edited by nprest2; 03-09-19 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-10-19, 04:18 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

See if this video helps.
The following users liked this post:
MattInLex (03-22-20)
Old 03-10-19, 04:26 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Okay, the Beatsonic side is straight forward. Just plug in the connectors and attach the four wires to the corresponding pioneer wires.

Beat Sonic to Pioneer
Red to Red
Yellow to Yellow
Orange to Orange/White
Blue to Blue/White

PIONEER ONLY
Black to chassis ground.
put the black wire on a screw which is attached to metal.

Violet/White tells the radio when the car is in reverse

Pink is used for NAV (Car SPD = Speed signal) and should be attached to the Red/White on the back of the NAV display.

Light Green must be attached to the power side of the parking brake unless you purchased the bypass cable,
Amazon Amazon
. I installed the parking brake bypass cable on both of my SC430s. I am only guessing but the radio may not turn on if this wire is not attached.

only use the pioneer front speaker output to the beat sonic.

BTW, did you set the volume at midrange on the OEM headunit before it was removed?

Beatsonic schematic.
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/Instruct...manual_NEW.pdf

Last edited by Bgw70; 03-10-19 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-10-19, 04:46 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

I don’t know your skill level so I am adding this video on crimping.
Old 03-10-19, 08:16 AM
nprest2
Rookie

@Bgw70

thanks so much for the detailed information!

in reviewing your post, it appears that I made the correct connections on the beatsonic to pionner.

I did did not make the extra pionner only connections? Are all three required or just the green one? I did not install a backup camera.

Where exactly do you connect the green wire to the parking break power, do you have a picture / diagram by any chance?

I am am guessing the power cord that you make all of the pioneer to beatsonic connections is the only cord that’s needed to turn on the system right? Everything else is for usb CarPlay, antenna, etc

is volume to midrange at 30 or 35 level?

thanks again for your help. Hope I can figure it out. It was really demoralizing to not have it turn on. I actually watched that 20 minute video you posted a few times and wrapped beatsonic in electrical tape after the video prior to testing and unwrapped it all last night....it was depressing
Old 03-10-19, 09:34 AM
nprest2
Rookie

It works!

didnt do anything different this morning. Just re-did 2 of my crimped wire connections (the red being one of them) to make it stronger. And also connected the ground this time...it wasn’t connected last time.

@Bgw70 quick question on the microphone how did you fish out from the main center console over to the side, is it just a matter of removing glovebox or is it more involved.

Quick Reply: Help installing beatsonic In SC430