SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)
View Poll Results: Should this Navigation thread TIP become a STICKY?
YES - It’s helpful, especially for new members.
58.33%
NO - Stickies should be about the SC430. It’s already too cluttered.
41.67%
IDK - I don’t know.
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Navigating threads on Club Lexus - TIP

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-19, 04:29 AM
VVTiBob

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts
Lightbulb Navigating threads on Club Lexus - TIP

We recently had a discussion in the moderator’s forum about navigating in Club Lexus, more specifically how it's supposed to work efficiently. I thought I’d share some of it since I thought it is very useful.

There are three entry points into a thread when viewing the desktop site. (Disclaimer: every browser may behave slightly different, this is especially true of mobile versus desktop versions)
  • If you click the title of a thread, it takes you to the first post in it.
  • If you click the within the Last Post column, it takes you to the latest post irrespective of when you last viewed the thread.
  • If a thread has new replies since you last read it, it should appear in Bold with a icon to its left. Clicking the icon should take you to the first unread post since the last time you were in the thread.
Separately, we also offer a way to jump directly to the first unread post from once you're already inside the thread. Along the top left blue bar, just under the gold/yellow Reply button, is a "View First Unread" link will appear as long as there's new unread posts:

And if you have infinite scroll enabled, a similar "View First Unread" button is available on the right side of the drop-down header if you scroll up slightly from anywhere in the thread:

Credit for this information goes to @IB Jason

Last edited by VVTiBob; 05-10-19 at 09:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
IB Jason (05-10-19)
Old 05-10-19, 08:05 AM
RENEGATE28
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Very Useful!

Thank you for the info Bob! I also had a question regarding the replies. If you want to reach out to a specific user in a thread and you want them to receive the notification, do you have to press reply and quote what they said? Or is there another way because I feel like having to constantly quote makes the thread unnecessarily lengthy and confusing. I know that since this is your thread, I don’t have to quote it for you to get notified lol.
Old 05-10-19, 09:01 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by RENEGATE28
Thank you for the info Bob! I also had a question regarding the replies. If you want to reach out to a specific user in a thread and you want them to receive the notification, do you have to press reply and quote what they said? Or is there another way because I feel like having to constantly quote makes the thread unnecessarily lengthy and confusing. I know that since this is your thread, I don’t have to quote it for you to get notified lol.
@RENEGATE28 , you can just put an at sign (@) and the screen name of the person you want to notify of your reply and they'll get a PM. A little dropdown appears when you post the @
Old 05-10-19, 09:49 AM
VVTiBob

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

Don’t forget, as @DaveGS4 mentions, every Club Lexus member has a “Control Panel” for their account. Where you may tweak/specify/customize how the forum works for you with limitations depending on browser and platform used.

Here is the link to the “Edit Options” page of the Control Panel.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...do=editoptions
Old 05-10-19, 10:40 AM
maarp
Pole Position

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Sorry, I had to vote "No". Not because of the boards being cluttered, but since everything you mentioned is pretty self-evident within a short time period. This is one of the easiest boards to navigate that I've been on. So, in that vein...thank you mods!
Old 05-10-19, 01:58 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Just incorporate this info with the how to search info already in the SC430 stickies.
Coleroad (05-10-19)
Old 05-10-19, 02:02 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

I'm with Marrp, a NO for sticky. Anyone with a common sense can navigate and using this forum without the difficulty. May be a little stumble at first, like posting a photos, but he or she always can ask.
Old 05-10-19, 06:13 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Stickies should be related to the vehicle. It could be added as a link in an updated FAQ though
VVTiBob (05-10-19)