SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2010 SC Not So Much

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-19, 03:27 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 348 Posts
Default 2010 SC Not So Much

I took a drive today of about 235 miles roundtrip to look at a Red 2010 SC 430 with a salvaged title and 143K on the clock in Springfield, MO on Cargurus. This was first 2010 I had ever seen. It was a nice drive. It was the first time I had taken my 2006 SC on a drive longer than the drive home from Tulsa, OK where I bought our SC. Let me say the SC road very nice and I am sure it will be nicer when I get reed of these run flats. Running at 70 MPH on I49/I44 I got 28.7 MPG and I was very pleased. Now about the 2010. What a peace of S$%^. I spent less than 5 minutes looking at it. Even if you could get for $4000 less the $8,999 they are asking with the salvaged title it would be a project car. It showed that it had 143K on the clock and the repair was not good This car had a great service history through 139K in late 2017/early 2018 when the original owner got out of it. After that the 2nd owner did not do it justice. So if you have done a save on this SC let it go. Anyway had a great drive today in the SC what a car.

Dennis
Old 08-10-19, 04:11 PM
maarp
Pole Position

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I remember getting 28+ mpg on my drive home from FLA when I bought my car. I was amazed. Even now, I have a~40 mile commute to work, and it will occasionally hit 26mpg average on mostly county roads, with some urban driving mixed in as well. Pretty remarkable results from a V8.
Old 08-10-19, 05:34 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 563 Likes on 429 Posts

Dennis, do you want another SC or it’s just a reason to take yours for the road trip?
Old 08-10-19, 05:49 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

I used to get over 30 on the highway in my 04 LS430 UL. In the South that thing really cruised well for a big heavy car. When I moved to NJ it dropped 4 - 5 mpg. I averaged 27 today for a good 15 miles before I hit the hills. Our wider tires do add rolling resistance.
Old 08-10-19, 06:16 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

GmanSC

My son is looking to upgrade his 05 SC to a 06 or newer so I am always looking. I have a GD who will be coming to the mainland to go to school next year after completing HS in HI. So I was thinking hey take a look if I could buy it right who cares if she trashes it (not that I expected her to) it already has a salvaged title and given that there are only what 376 of the 10's in the USA I could part it out and get some of my money back. Besides she has gorgeous red hair and would look great in a Red SC.. However the DW said giving a 18 year who has only lived in HI a RED SC to drive around at school on the mainland might not be the best ideal I have ever had. So no GmanSC I am not looking for another SC but then again I am always looking.

Dennis

Last edited by DJWLDW; 08-10-19 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-12-19, 11:18 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 499 Likes on 417 Posts

Out of curiosity, where was it hit?

https://coxautos.com/2010-Lexus-SC43...4/Details.aspx
Old 08-12-19, 03:35 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Daryl

It was hit in the front. The cold air intake was missing. The hood safety release hook was missing. The grill was broke., You could see that it was missing bolts out of parts under the hood. Bumper brackets were bent back in to shape not replaced. Bumper had scuffs and scratches. Radiator was not OEM nor was the ac condenser or compressor. Not wreck related but right above the driver door handle 3 rock chips the size of the top of your pinky that looked like someone had taken touch up paint and colored over. The top of the consul was scratched up badly. The remote did not work and only had 1 key. Antenna would not go down all the way. Not good and this was the stuff I noticed in the first 3 minutes. It was not a completely wasted day I did get to drive on a nice 235 mile road trip in the SC I stopped by the Lexus Dealership to see their new building and picked up a free bagel as I had not had lunch yet. So it was a good day.

Dennis
The following users liked this post:
RA032023 (08-12-19)
Old 08-12-19, 05:29 PM
Avmanager
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I wish this 2010 was not hit as hard as it was. There are always a decent amount of SC430's on Copart, but only seen this one 2010
https://www.copart.com/lot/42755499.

Would be nice to get parts off of to experiment with the radio etc.

I keep saying I would love to upgrade my wifes 2007, but the fact is she has had it a year and has put 2K of miles on it, I don't see it being realistic to upgrade it with as little as she drives that particular car
Old 08-12-19, 06:38 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

The one in Springfield, MO was not wracked near that bad. Did not even get to the front fenders or the hood. It got to the sub structure under the hood but not the hood. The Vin numbers were still on the fenders, all the labels were in places.

Dennis
Old 08-13-19, 05:09 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
Daryl

It was hit in the front. The cold air intake was missing. The hood safety release hook was missing. The grill was broke., You could see that it was missing bolts out of parts under the hood. Bumper brackets were bent back in to shape not replaced. Bumper had scuffs and scratches. Radiator was not OEM nor was the ac condenser or compressor. Not wreck related but right above the driver door handle 3 rock chips the size of the top of your pinky that looked like someone had taken touch up paint and colored over. The top of the consul was scratched up badly. The remote did not work and only had 1 key. Antenna would not go down all the way. Not good and this was the stuff I noticed in the first 3 minutes. It was not a completely wasted day I did get to drive on a nice 235 mile road trip in the SC I stopped by the Lexus Dealership to see their new building and picked up a free bagel as I had not had lunch yet. So it was a good day.

Dennis
Wow man, you are really good at car inspecting. That is amazing you could tell all that stuff was out of spec right off the bat. I am impressed.

If I ever need a car inspected in your city, I know who to ask.
Old 08-13-19, 05:52 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Daryl

Don't forget I have one to compare it against and the guy I spoke with a couple of weeks ago when I was asking where were the pictures had indicated it was still in the shop waiting on a back ordered condenser and compressor from O'reil's auto parts so I already knew they were not OEM. I counted the labels under the hood on mine and compared when I looked at the 2010. I could see the vin numbers still on each front fender from the pictures. Those were just the little things that I tried to study up on before I went to look at it. I had looked at the front bumper support brackets on ML parts so I kinda knew what I was looking at when you looked straight down upon opening the hood. The thing that got me first was the lack of the hood safety hook which was gone. If the hood ever popped open while driving it was coming over the roof.

Dennis
Old 08-14-19, 09:15 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
Daryl

Don't forget I have one to compare it against and the guy I spoke with a couple of weeks ago when I was asking where were the pictures had indicated it was still in the shop waiting on a back ordered condenser and compressor from O'reil's auto parts so I already knew they were not OEM. I counted the labels under the hood on mine and compared when I looked at the 2010. I could see the vin numbers still on each front fender from the pictures. Those were just the little things that I tried to study up on before I went to look at it. I had looked at the front bumper support brackets on ML parts so I kinda knew what I was looking at when you looked straight down upon opening the hood. The thing that got me first was the lack of the hood safety hook which was gone. If the hood ever popped open while driving it was coming over the roof.

Dennis
Was Missouri one of those states that got hit hard with floods a couple of years back?
Old 08-14-19, 12:28 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Dayrl

Mo had bad flooding earlier this year across the state. This 2010 was born in TX with 139K on the clock and then went to CA where is was wrecked with 143K on the clock. Then it went to auction in KC and that is where this lot got it from.

Dennis
Old 08-19-19, 07:51 PM
tosborn1
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2010 lexus sc430

Originally Posted by Avmanager
I wish this 2010 was not hit as hard as it was. There are always a decent amount of SC430's on Copart, but only seen this one 2010
https://www.copart.com/lot/42755499.

Would be nice to get parts off of to experiment with the radio etc.

I keep saying I would love to upgrade my wifes 2007, but the fact is she has had it a year and has put 2K of miles on it, I don't see it being realistic to upgrade it with as little as she drives that particular car
--- i goggled the of the wreck .. for sale Top Cheap cars ... In Dublin Ohio... 39,000.00..... wow ..... vin.... JTHFN2EY8A9021874 ... check it out
Old 03-13-20, 12:15 PM
digitatc
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

Very nice car & garage and it's one of the only 300 2010MY.

Quick Reply: 2010 SC Not So Much