SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

I am so mad

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-03, 11:16 PM
MagusFuria
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I am so ****ing mad

Last night I parked my car in front of my friends house around 8:30pm, when I went over to watch a movie with my buddies. Afterwards about 10pm we went out to the diner to get a bite to eat, and when we got back to pick up my car to go to another friends house I gOt in my car, scratch my arm on armrest, and a sense of dread fills me. I turn around to find that my back windshied was smashed in. I go out and found that who ever did broke my window rubbed the glass bits into my trunk paint. At this point I ******ing scream that I'm goin to kill someone. My friends run over to me asking whats the matter, and I just pointed at the car. I was too goddamn mad to say anything. At this point I call the police for them to come over to file the report, which is when we find out that my friends mom's minivan that was parked behind my car had its back window smashed as well. Now EVERYONES pissed. The cop finds a football sized rock in my friends minivan. For my car, the cop found deep gashes in the black vynel flap under the backwindshield winshield and big dents on my rear quarter panel and a rock nearby. The cop told us that in the past few months there have been a rash of kids smashing up peoples cars in the county with basball bats or rocks, or breaking peoples mailboxes while driving by. Right now I'm fuming with anger and the things/words that I'm of thinking aren't appropriate for this forum. Im calling my insurance company in the morning to find out if this will be covered or not. has this kind of thing ever happened to anyone else? Or does anyone have advice on courses of action? I just can't believe some jerkoffs would do such a thing....

Jesse
Old 08-19-03, 11:33 PM
Phu
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about your car. I don't blame you for being fuming mad. I don't even know what I would do to the jerk that would vandalize such a beautiful automobile. I hate losers that have no respect for other people's property. I hope you find those idiots and give them whats coming to them.
Old 08-20-03, 12:10 AM
ekovalsky
Rookie

Similar thing happened to me years ago when I was in college. I found out who the bastard was, befriended him at a bar and got him drunk (had a couple of shots myself). I walked him back to his truck, when he turned his back I grabbed him by his long hair and proceeded to smash up his vehicle with his own head. When I was done the truck looked pretty bad but his head looked a lot worse. Got into some trouble for that but revenge was sweet and well worth it.

And my car back then was a piece of crap Mitsubishi Galant. If someone did that to my SC430, there are some really sick things I'd probably do to the scum if I found him.

Your comprehensive insurance should cover the loss, which could be several thousand dollars based on what you describe. Unfortunately you'll be stuck with the deductible, which is usually $250-1000 depending on your plan, plus you'll be without your vehicle for a while. Riding in a typical GM or Ford rental car really sucks once you get spoiled by the SC430. Only good thing is that the insurance cannot raise your rates when you file a claim under the comprehensive insurance.
Old 08-20-03, 01:09 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OUCH! That must really suck!

Once I had someone throw a egg at my car while it was parked outside my friends house..There was not as much damage except for a very minor fade from the egg york that ate up my paint..I guess I was lucky compared to what you have to go through right now...

Hopefully, everything will be fixed and painted! Just hang in there, I know you can get through this...Unforunately, this world is not all that perfect after all...
Old 08-20-03, 01:12 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

I see you live in NY...Where did this incident happen? I wanna make sure I stay out of that area...
Old 08-20-03, 04:31 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Magus ...
Sorry to hear about your experience. I know that would make me go ballistic!

Kovalsky ....
Great payback! Love it! It's a perfect example of the phrase, "Revenge is a dish best served cold". I congratulate you on your patience.
Old 08-20-03, 05:45 AM
Joe Peters
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Make Lemonaide out of Lemons. After it's fixed
sell or trade in for a 2004. That will help you get
over it ! Don't let this steal the joy out of your life,
it's not worth it.
The HatGuy <)))))):-)
http://www.petersbros.com/cars/index.html
Old 08-20-03, 07:00 AM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Joe, I like your attitude. Unfortunately, ****** is going to happen because the world ISN'T perfect, and this "eye for an eye" attitude makes us no better than the offenders.

MagusFuria, I'm really sorry to hear about the incident. Rest assured that whoever did this will get theirs. What goes around comes around. Just hang in there, and best of luck with the body work.
Old 08-20-03, 07:16 AM
MagusFuria
Pole Position

OneHot, thats the weird thing, I live in Rockland County about 45min north of NYC in the quiet suburbs (sp?). My area is generally really safe, especially my friends street (mostly retired people). According to the police though, kids apparently have nothing better to do around here that cause vandelism (which is a shame cause I grew up in this town and it wasn't this bad before).

I just called my insurance agent, and she said that under my plan all "non-collision glass" damage will be covered, but paintwork and the dents and the gash in he vynel are $200+ deductible, and to boot she kept saying "if the repairs costs are too high" then my "rates will go up." So basically now I have to go around getting quotes on repair prices so I can ask my agent if that is the "right number." I think it also may be time to find a better insurance co. Bah.

Jesse
Old 08-20-03, 07:34 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I've no more to add than what the other posters have already expressed, let's just hope what goes around comes around.
Old 08-20-03, 03:12 PM
flatfoot
Driver

Condolences to you. It's too bad that the losers of the world are always jealous of the achievers. I hope that your repairs are invisable. The losers always finish last no matter what or how upset you are now.
Old 08-20-03, 04:03 PM
MagusFuria
Pole Position

Thanks for the responses everyone. Right now the dealership is quoting me $2,600 for everything, and I'm trying to decide whether to just fork it over or file the claim with the insurance company, pay the deductible, and have them raise my premium for 3 yrs. Dealing with the insurance company is worse than dealing with my ex-girlfriend. You guys are right about what comes around goes around. Thank God that losers won't get a head in life. Thanks again for the support.

Jesse

Last edited by MagusFuria; 08-20-03 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-20-03, 08:32 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by MagusFuria
OneHot, thats the weird thing, I live in Rockland County about 45min north of NYC in the quiet suburbs (sp?). My area is generally really safe, especially my friends street (mostly retired people). According to the police though, kids apparently have nothing better to do around here that cause vandelism (which is a shame cause I grew up in this town and it wasn't this bad before).

Jesse

..and I thought I was having a bad day.... WOW! sorry to hear about it... BUT this just aids my feeling of fear of kids becoming a menace in today's society.... the kids have all the rights (with them being told in pre-school to call 911 if mommy or daddy yells, screams, hits, spanks them or sends them to bed without dinner) instead of the parents it seems.... Kids these day run wild and have all the control it seems... I've had 3 folks (neighbors on all 3 sides of me) move in with kids (small young kids) and I can't believe the behavior of these youngsters.. I'm scared to find out what will happen when this 'new generation' grows up and runs the country!!!!
Old 08-21-03, 12:19 AM
RodF
Pole Position

What more can I say than has already been said. We all empathize because we know exactly how we would feel if it happened to us. I hope you get a good settlement. I can't believe that the increase in premiums would be more that the cost to repair. If you have a good driving record, maybe you should have the insurance company pay for repairs, then go shopping for a new policy if the premiums increase.
Old 08-23-03, 07:50 AM
pjbsc430
10th Gear

Sorry to hear about the damage. Some idiot keyed my car for no reason. There are a lot of nitwits out there, all you can really do is try as hard as you can to keep them far away.

Quick Reply: I am so mad