Instructor

Received 272 Likes on 191 Posts
Default Really dumb cd player question

Ok, brace yourselves:

Is there a play/pause button?
Old 09-25-19, 02:49 PM
VVTiBob

Received 272 Likes on 204 Posts

Play yes, pause no. Repeat is your closest option. When using the CD the number button use their corresponding display function above the number. For example the #5 button in the graphic below is the repeat function.

Old 09-25-19, 03:11 PM
joemg
Instructor

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
Play yes, pause no. Repeat is your closest option. When using the CD the number button use their corresponding display function above the number. For example the #5 button in the graphic below is the repeat function.

Interesting, I will have to see if that works with my grom bluetooth device (emulates a cd changer). I wonder why they didn't give us a pause button, I guess I can just turn the volume down and then when i'm done with whatever I needed to do without music just hit the back button and start that track over.

Thank you for answering such a trivial question with such detail (pics and all!).

Last edited by joemg; 09-25-19 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-25-19, 06:23 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 515 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by joemg
I guess I can just turn the volume down and then when i'm done with whatever I needed to do without music just hit the back button and start that track over.
The bottom button on your steering wheel radio controls is the answer you are looking for. You can set it to instantly turn your radio to zero sound. However, I will have to let a more knowledgeable person explain how to set it.
Old 09-25-19, 07:05 PM
implantgs4
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DshngDaryl
The bottom button on your steering wheel radio controls is the answer you are looking for. You can set it to instantly turn your radio to zero sound. However, I will have to let a more knowledgeable person explain how to set it.
You just adjust the volume to your liking and then press and hold the “set” button for a few seconds, then when you press the set button it will instantly go to the set volume. I turned my volume all the way down and then pressed the set button for a few seconds. Now when I press the set button, it instantly “mutes” the radio.
Old 09-26-19, 11:50 AM
Raven01750
Racer

Received 351 Likes on 279 Posts

The information here was so timely. I had noticed recently that when I pressed the set button, the volume decreased by about half. I didn't have any idea why and was going to ask. So today I set the volume to zero and pressed and held the "Set" button until a beep was heard. I turned the volume back up using the steering wheel mode control switches and then pressed "Set" and the volume went to zero. But then, I was curious what would happen if I used the Set button to actually set the cruise control hoping that it would just set the cruise control at the desired speed and not affect volume. Alas! Cruise Control set to the speed selected but the volume also went to zero.

So, Yes, you can use the set button as a mute but it still will work as a mute even if you are just setting cruise control normally. Not a huge deal by any means. Just an observation. Thanks.

Paul
Old 09-26-19, 12:06 PM
joemg
Instructor

Originally Posted by implantgs4
You just adjust the volume to your liking and then press and hold the “set” button for a few seconds, then when you press the set button it will instantly go to the set volume. I turned my volume all the way down and then pressed the set button for a few seconds. Now when I press the set button, it instantly “mutes” the radio.

AWESOME! I never would have guessed that.

Raven, I think there are a lot of new owners now (ourselves included), so a lot of us are doing the same digging through the archives and updating all the great work done before us with the latest products/options/etc.

It's a great time to own an SC! (but really, when isn't it, I've had my eye on this car for over a decade, lol)
Old 09-26-19, 02:09 PM
VVTiBob

Received 272 Likes on 204 Posts

Paul are you saying if you use the cruise control ‘set’ function, the one on the right side of the steering wheel, it changes the volume level on the audio system to zero AND sets the cruise control’s minimum speed(if it has already set to zero using the ‘set’ function of the left side of the steering wheel controls).?????

Last edited by VVTiBob; 09-26-19 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-26-19, 02:36 PM
Raven01750
Racer

Received 351 Likes on 279 Posts

Since you used the term "minimum speed" I would have to say "no."

If I am driving down the road and set cruise control at says 45 or 65 or whatever, and the volume level using the "set" switch was previously set to zero, when cruise control actively "sets" to whatever the desired speed is, volume goes to zero. It does not change the actual speed setting of cruise control to the minimum speed allowed. Was that what you were asking?

Paul
Old 09-26-19, 03:49 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 567 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven01750
The information here was so timely. I had noticed recently that when I pressed the set button, the volume decreased by about half. I didn't have any idea why and was going to ask. So today I set the volume to zero and pressed and held the "Set" button until a beep was heard. I turned the volume back up using the steering wheel mode control switches and then pressed "Set" and the volume went to zero. But then, I was curious what would happen if I used the Set button to actually set the cruise control hoping that it would just set the cruise control at the desired speed and not affect volume. Alas! Cruise Control set to the speed selected but the volume also went to zero.

So, Yes, you can use the set button as a mute but it still will work as a mute even if you are just setting cruise control normally. Not a huge deal by any means. Just an observation. Thanks.

Paul
The cruise control set and the volume set buttons are two animals, have nothing to do each other. The volume set button will limits the sound volume to a preset level.
I do not understand why you mentioned the cruise speed?
Old 10-15-19, 04:51 PM
joemg
Instructor

Quick update on this for GROM owners:

I realized you can use the radio power button as a make-shift pause button.

Because the GROM is powered separately, it remains paired to the phone even if the radio is off. So if you turn off the radio, then back on, music resumes immediately (and from the same position).