SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Why don't you drive your SC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-19, 05:58 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

I heard the LS again. I have to get my own LS.
Old 10-24-19, 06:48 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
I heard the LS again. I have to get my own LS.
Yes, you do!

Old 10-24-19, 07:34 AM
margie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Drive your SC430 as often as you can! Life is to short !

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
I would not be surprised if she is 😅. You should give her a rub down often too. Not to change the subject but there is a fantastic book called His Needs Her Needs building an affair proof Marriage. $11 on Amazon and you read it with your significant other. The only reason I mention this is because it was insightful for myself and my girlfriend in actualizing the knowledge that men and women do actually think differently. Our emotional needs are not the same. It's one thing to say this and it's another to really actualize this knowledge and put it into practice.

Very few women share the same passion for automobiles and engineering like men do. I mean just look at these boards... 99% men. But if your partner can appreciate this instead of getting jealous it leads to a much happier relationship. The opposite applies for us and women's needs which often revolve around intimate conversation, feeling loved and hugging, holding hands, familiar support, etc. Again, I'm not implying anything about you Paul just speaking from personal experience. Check it out if you are interested.

It is a beautiful car. I love driving mine as well.
I drive my SC every day from May until end of November ( I live in Pittsburgh) and I realize that is is just a waste of a magnificent vehicle not to enjoy riding in my SC430! Every time I drive it it IS special, Nothing like driving on a sunny day with the roof down to start and end your day! It is like a miracle drug.! I too wash it constantly, sometimes every day, and wipe out its beautiful ecru interior! I enjoy many compliments from men and women and always take a look back when I park it when I go shopping (always away from other vehicles) to admire it!! When the weather turns wet and nasty, I feel sad to put it away..it coming up soon Life is to short, Drive it more often...you won't regret it!

My SC430!
Old 10-24-19, 10:03 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by riknchar
yes, you do!

yes i do!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-19, 03:11 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 455 Likes on 339 Posts

Margie

Nice ride what year is it? How many miles do you have on the SC? Did you buy it new?

Dennis
Old 10-24-19, 06:54 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
Margie

Nice ride what year is it? How many miles do you have on the SC? Did you buy it new?

Dennis
Dennis, It’s pre-06. Looks real nice. Congrats to Margie.
Old 10-25-19, 05:37 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
Margie

Dennis
Originally Posted by GmanSC
Dennis, It’s pre-06. Looks real nice. Congrats to Margie.

Old 10-25-19, 05:49 AM
OBP
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

I am at 95000 miles as a second owner.71000 of those miles are mine between 2008 and today. I used to take my SC on long drives between NJ and GA as Mandyfig knows. These days, she gets extended rest breaks during the week in a place of honor above other cars. She gets taken out on weekends. In the last three years, she has been driven maybe 2000 miles per year or less. And I do put winter tires on and I do drive her in winter. Family with 2 young kids so we use the other cars for family trips. But when it is just one kid I am taking out of the house, well they like the SC with the top down. Actually I can bring both kids out in the SC with the little one behind the front passenger seat and the bigger kid in front. But there is no space for the wife....
Old 10-25-19, 06:50 AM
mandyfig

OBP I am freeking envious of the lift! Too late for me to get into a new house to have this option. Your SC is awesome and you really enjoy driving it. When my grandson gets a little bit bigger-older, he and I will do the same, I can not wait. For now, the wifey will do.

PS: OBP, did you do your engine and tranny mounts already? When and how much did you shell out?
Old 10-25-19, 09:11 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Just curious, how do you get the SC up there? I see the short ramp but I don’t think it’s a main ramp or is it? You must have a lift.
Oh I see it. The lift is inside the poles.

Last edited by GmanSC; 10-25-19 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-25-19, 09:42 AM
OBP
Instructor

Originally Posted by mandyfig

PS: OBP, did you do your engine and tranny mounts already? When and how much did you shell out?
Thanks Mandy. Engine tranny mounts not done at this time. No vibration or no shaking when at a stop so I am OK for now.
Old 10-25-19, 09:43 AM
OBP
Instructor

Originally Posted by GmanSC
Just curious, how do you get the SC up there? I see the short ramp but I don’t think it’s a main ramp or is it? You must have a lift.
Oh I see it. The lift is inside the poles.
4 post vehicle lift. Hydraulic powered.
Old 10-27-19, 07:35 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts

....mine was a daily for about 8 yrs & I loved driving it everyday. I did some major mods & didn't want to increase the chance of damage, due to rock chips, etc.... now when I drive her, it's almost as if, I'm rewarding myself, if that makes sense....lol. The car still looks & drives great, plus it still turns heads, anytime I decide to drive her. I've gone from about 18k a year, to about 3-4k a year, since I've owned the car.......she now sits @ 248k

Old 10-28-19, 12:13 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

What's a beauty !!! Congratulation.
The following users liked this post:
texsexlex (10-31-19)
Old 10-29-19, 01:34 PM
bgeeez
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I daily drive mine 25-30 miles a day for my commute. Had mine almost two years and have put just about 24k on it. I don't "feel bad" for daily driving it as it is a Lexus and they are meant to be driven haha

Quick Reply: Why don't you drive your SC?