SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Verey Low Mileage 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-20, 09:43 AM
MH6878
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ronr9286t
Well, I found my SC430. Spied a 2007 Pebble Beach an Auto-Trader on Saturday. CarFax one owner, all maintenance done at a Lexus dealer, 68,000 miles. Moire research required, but I think the original owner actually lived in the pebble Beach Area. Traded to a Hyundai dealer. I flew to San Jose, CA yesterday morning, went to the dealer, grabbed it!. The price seemed to be right, way less than the other similar SC430s listed, specially the PB and in this condition. Because of scheduling, I got in the car at 1pm and drove the 900 miles home to Tucson straight through (I'm getting too old for this s---). Going to take it to my Lexus dealer later this week for a professional going-over, as well as reviewing the detailed service records from Lexus.

I was reminded of the cloud-like ride of the 2005 we purchased new in CA.

There were no images on AutoTrader, and the below are cell-phone photos forwarded to me via text message. More photos to come. And the upgrading/modding begins

Ron
Congratulations. For the mileage it has, the interior looks good. I'm always wary of a low mileage vehicle with excessive wear on the interior.
Old 01-28-20, 10:33 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Sounds like you may have snagged a good one. If there are any blatant problems with it, they should have shown up on your 900 mile nonstop trip! Congrats!
Old 01-29-20, 03:41 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 566 Likes on 432 Posts

Well, I found my SC430. Spied a 2007 Pebble Beach an Auto-Trader on Saturday. CarFax one owner, all maintenance done at a Lexus dealer, 68,000 miles. Moire research required, but I think the original owner actually lived in the pebble Beach Area. Traded to a Hyundai dealer. I flew to San Jose, CA yesterday morning, went to the dealer, grabbed it!. The price seemed to be right, way less than the other similar SC430s listed, specially the PB and in this condition. Because of scheduling, I got in the car at 1pm and drove the 900 miles home to Tucson straight through (I'm getting too old for this s---). Going to take it to my Lexus dealer later this week for a professional going-over, as well as reviewing the detailed service records from Lexus.

There were no images on AutoTrader, and the below are cell-phone photos forwarded to me via text message. More photos to come. And the upgrading/modding begins

Z

Ron

I’m not a fan of red interior but yours looks good and unique. Congrats and welcome to the CL.
Old 04-19-20, 09:09 AM
FRISK
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=ronr9286t;10719097]Well, I found my SC430. Spied a 2007 Pebble Beach an Auto-Trader on Saturday. CarFax one owner, all maintenance done at a Lexus dealer, 68,000 miles. Moire research required, but I think the original owner actually lived in the pebble Beach Area. Traded to a Hyundai dealer. I flew to San Jose, CA yesterday morning, went to the dealer, grabbed it!. The price seemed to be right, way less than the other similar SC430s listed, specially the PB and in this condition. Because of scheduling, I got in the car at 1pm and drove the 900 miles home to Tucson straight through (I'm getting too old for this s---). Going to take it to my Lexus dealer later this week for a professional going-over, as well as reviewing the detailed service records from Lexus.

Wow Great ! I have the same exact car I got it 2 Years Ago, flew to ohio from New Jersey 1 Owner 52k miles they must of traded it for a kia cause I got it from kia dealer, I drive it back & got the timing belt, water pump & drive belt done the next day at dealer. I also had them do power steering fluid & brake fluid flush Now i have only 62k miles. I just changed my spark plugs myself. I will bring it out in May & get my rear differential changed & Fuel ejection done as well. also keep it on the battery tender in the winter. These batteries die fast if not driven in about 14 days. it looks like u have the same headlight problem i have with cracks lines, How much was the car ???

Last edited by FRISK; 04-19-20 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-19-20, 09:25 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Congratulations nice car!
Old 04-20-20, 06:06 AM
ronr9286t
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2007 Pebble Beach

[QUOTE=FRISK;10784216]

Wow Great ! I have the same exact car I got it 2 Years Ago, flew to ohio from New Jersey 1 Owner 52k miles they must of traded it for a kia cause I got it from kia dealer, I drive it back & got the timing belt, water pump & drive belt done the next day at dealer. I also had them do power steering fluid & brake fluid flush Now i have only 62k miles. I just changed my spark plugs myself. I will bring it out in May & get my rear differential changed & Fuel ejection done as well. also keep it on the battery tender in the winter. These batteries die fast if not driven in about 14 days. it looks like u have the same headlight problem i have with cracks lines, How much was the car ???
I paid $17,000. I too took it to the dealer for the timing belt and water pump, along with the 70K service. Had the brake fluid, cooling system flush, and rear diff fluid change at the same time. All were due based on time. I live in Tucson, AZ, so a year-round driver. We taker it out for exercise every other day, so no tender needed.. I'm very pleased with the car.