SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Aftermarket wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-20 | 04:33 PM
joemg
Instructor

Originally Posted by JMal
Hi Joe,
I am after black spacers so that they are not noticeable through my black wheels. Are your wheel spacers black? If so, what brand are they and would you please send the link to where you bought them from?
great question!

Mine are black, they are made by bloxsport and I bought through their eBay store “bloxsports.

I paid $90 for fronts (20mm) and $100 for the rear (30mm) using “make offer.”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163359002880

I really like the quality and finish of them. I’m currently still using the 20mm ones on my front to clear my brakes.

I have the 30mm ones I was using on my oem wheels that I’ve been meaning to sell. They were used for less than a year before I upgraded wheels. Pm me if you’re interested.

Old 06-13-20 | 06:50 PM
JMal
Driver

Thank you so much Joe. The last few days I have been checking out Bloxsport and JTP (https://www.jtpforged.com/) black wheel spacers. So I appreciate your feedback. Am still trying to figure out which brand to buy. Have you heard anything about JTP? BTW, I am planning on going with 20mm spacers (note my wheels are 18x8 ET35) all round because I want to keep the oversteer/understeer balance unchanged.

Last edited by JMal; 06-13-20 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Question and additional information
The following users liked this post:
joemg (03-12-21)
Old 11-24-20 | 07:05 PM
JMal
Driver

Hi Joe,
Thank you again. I went with Bloxsports spacers given you were happy with them.
On the topic of bigger circumference tyres, did you do anything to adjust/calibrate the speedo to account for the larger diameter tyres?
And other question, I have done the transmission pressure valve mod, and am wondering if you have done a transmission remap. If so, what difference did it make?
Old 11-24-20 | 07:27 PM
joemg
Instructor

Originally Posted by JMal
Hi Joe,
Thank you again. I went with Bloxsports spacers given you were happy with them.
On the topic of bigger circumference tyres, did you do anything to adjust/calibrate the speedo to account for the larger diameter tyres?
And other question, I have done the transmission pressure valve mod, and am wondering if you have done a transmission remap. If so, what difference did it make?

Sorry, I didn't see your first message. As far as the speedo goes, i don't think anything can be done about it. Even when I got my remapped ECU that wasn't an option. Honestly though, it will only be off a percent or 2, it's hardly even noticeable.

I got a remapped ECU which made really great transmission improvements. All the info is in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...l#post10931251

The more I drive the car since having the ECU the happier I am with it. The transmission improvements alone really transform the car and you can toggle between the remap in ECT PWR and a closer-to-original ride in normal mode.
Old 11-24-20 | 08:41 PM
JMal
Driver

Thank you. Mine is out by 4.7% and acceleration of the mark has deteriorated. I'd really love to get the car sideways off the mark (I have an LSD too), so I am considering getting a custom crown wheel (ring gear) & pinion based on the new tyre size to bring the speedo back in line, which I estimate the final drive ratio to be 3.418, depending on cost. Alternatively, your ECU and transmission remap may be the way to go, although your supplier may not have remapped ECUs for right hand drive cars?

Last edited by JMal; 11-24-20 at 08:50 PM. Reason: More information
Old 11-28-20 | 12:28 PM
Hemisphere
Rookie

Default 20" staggered wheel set up

I've been offered a set of slightly used Lexani wheels with Sumitomo tires. Staggered set up. Anyone familiar with these items and can offer suggestions? I'm hoping they will not require additional fittings (spacers, anything else?) and can just be swapped out for the current OEM 18" wheels/tires. Price is to be $1,100 for the set of four.

Old 11-28-20 | 02:16 PM
BrazenC5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joemg
and more pics...
I recently mounted new rims and tires, but my rears stick out slightly further out of the fender well...may move to 285s next time..

Where in SoCal are you'd? Would be cool to meet up and compare. Same color too.

The following users liked this post:
joemg (03-12-21)
Old 11-30-20 | 08:31 AM
st3rnly
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BrazenC5
I recently mounted new rims and tires, but my rears stick out slightly further out of the fender well...may move to 285s next time..

Where in SoCal are you'd? Would be cool to meet up and compare. Same color too.
Size/specs on your wheels setup? Those would look really good with some coilovers and a bit of a drop.
Old 12-02-20 | 04:27 PM
BrazenC5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tayG
Size/specs on your wheels setup? Those would look really good with some coilovers and a bit of a drop.
Thanks, tire and rim a bit wide in the rears, drop on coilovers would make fender work necessary, and not ready to deal with. 😄

Work Meister M1 / Toyo Proxes
F: 19x9 +25 A-disc 255/40/19 R: 19x10 +24 O-disc 295/35/19

Last edited by BrazenC5; 12-02-20 at 04:31 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BrazenC5:
joemg (03-12-21), SC300Es (12-03-20)
Old 12-03-20 | 02:47 PM
digitatc
Instructor

BrazenC5 Car look sweet.
with enough negative camber, no need for rolling the fenders and then you can drive it bling bling.
Old 01-14-21 | 02:02 PM
st3rnly
Pit Crew

I'm trying to spec out some wheels for my car and having trouble deciding on width/offset. What's strange to me is @joemg and @BrazenC5 have same width and similar offset, but Brazen's wheels appear to stick out much further. Is that mainly due to the 245/285 tire setup vs 255/295? I've seen guys running 10.5+22 in the rear that don't appear to stick out as far.
Old 01-14-21 | 04:17 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

I want to do the same LS460 caliper with ISF rotor install on mine.. I have TSW's as well, but thankfully the fronts have the spokes at the very edge of the rim. Its only the rears where they are further in and there is a bit of a dish. So I am hoping this will fit on mine..

The other option to use https://ceika-store.com/ and they will custom build a big brake kit with lines, and everything which is guaranteed to bolt right on with no issues, but its a lot more expensive. Its a good chance to get some 6 piston calipers, but they all have the giant CEIKA logo on them which I dont like.. lol
Old 01-14-21 | 04:31 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

I wanted to remap my ECU, but I was warned that it wont be doable in CA without the car failing smog.. is this true?

I was thinking of having the extra ECU from my wrecked parts car being modified, and then just swapping them around when I need to smog the car.. I can imagine that would be a pain in the ***, but these cars are quite neutered from the factory to be honest. Without adding any power at all, and just getting a hotter torque converter, and a very good tune, will probably be enough to drop the 0-60 by VERY noticeable 3-4 tenths of a second, while taking care of the dull feeling our cars give when stabbing the "go" pedal. I saw a video on youtube with a 2003 model or something like that with an aftermarket torque converter, and off the line the car can spin the rear wheels without having to powerbrake it. Its quite a difference in the application of power to the wheels to be able to do that especially on a stock car, since these cars dont normally spin the rear wheels just from jumping on the gas like that.

The only time I ever was able to burn out big-time in my 2006 was when I had run-down run-flats and pulled out of a driveway into a street going uphill.. My Lincoln Mark VIII on the other hand, you have to be careful not to spin the tires even with traction control on and its a bigger car but weighs the same at just under 4000 lbs, and has roughly the same power while stock.
Old 01-14-21 | 08:31 PM
digitatc
Instructor

how can it fail smog check if you leave it in normal mode which pretty much doesn't change at all ?
Old 03-12-21 | 03:39 PM
BlkSabbath
Driver School Candidate

Joe, sent you a PM. I have the exact same wheels I scored for cheap from someone local. Bought 15mm spacers for them but wasn't enough for the LS400 front calipers. Also bought 245/35R19F and 285/30R19R for them. Also have coilovers to adjust for rubbing. Curious how your setup worked out. Hoping I can make these work.. Have you measured your track width? You run 20mm spacers front, none in the rear? Or 5mm rear? Can you get away with 5mm on the OEM studs?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket wheel question