A Day At The Track

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-03, 10:37 AM
Decor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Day At The Track

Hi Everyone
For all you owners of SC430 wondering how our cars perform .
Kingksway Lexus Toyoto had a Ultimate Day Away event. They invited all owners of SC430s and IS 300’s to Budweiser track . They rented it for the day , provided race car drivers and lunch and refreshments Had a great day driving my car to extremes.First I tried a race track with slalom turns and straight aways with with long sweeping turns.Had an experienced driver take me around the track so I would know where to turn at all different pylons and how to drive. Please note that Ihave never raced before , so the fist few times out were slow but after a while I got quite good at tearing up the track. All you owners that say that the suspension is not good, I would disagree.Note I have changed my tires from run craps to Michelin Pilot Sports A/S and rims are lsportline. The car hugged around this track at all extreme's and would not spin out of control.
Next we went down the 1/4 mile drag strip. Here is a copy of my best run.(1/4 mile 15.4) Note that these times seem a lot slower than Lexus says but here in Edmonton we are at 8000 ft. above sea level therefore being a lot slower.For your info all other SC430 were stock with no modifications. I have a cold air enjen intake and would average 92 miles an hour where they would get only 89 m.p.h. This proves that with the great sound comes a few extra hp. Forgot to mention I had my wife along and she still reminds me that she had a better reaction time then me at the 1/4 mile drag strip. I had a great day thanks to Kingsway Lexus Toyota and it proved to me even more what a great car we have.

Peter.
2003 SC430 Silver
Isportline mags
Michelin Pilot Sports A/S 245/40/ZR18
Hyperground wires.
Enjen Intake.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
acrobat trak.pdf (98.8 KB, 314 views)
Old 09-08-03, 06:21 AM
Ian
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like alot of fun, Wish we could have been there!!!