Finally got my 2005 sc430

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-20, 08:40 AM
Duk
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Finally got my 2005 sc430

Thank you all!
so happy with my new 2005, 95,000 miles sc!
inspection went really good.
I absolutely love it! (With the run flats&#128515. What a fine, classic car. So smooth, such a great engine and gear, so linear, simply fun!!! Some minor issues (gear box light dead, ashtray cover do not pop up, have to open manually, sound system sounds not good, especially in the back, trunk struts are weak - ordered new ones)
two questions to the honorable members.
1. Memory seats buttons, are these suppose to be illuminated?
2. how do I find out my dash wood color? The gear shift **** seems to have slightly different color.
thanks so much!
Old 11-01-20, 08:45 AM
Duk
Driver School Candidate

Old 11-01-20, 09:01 AM
JDaveSC430
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Beautiful car and GREAT color combo. The wood is walnut; and the sound system speakers are likely in need of being re-foamed using a kit from Simply Speakers; very inexpensive and prevents the rattling on bass notes. Memory buttons are not illuminated. Congrats!!
The following users liked this post:
JTho (11-06-20)
Old 11-01-20, 12:11 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

The shift **** and dash colors typically don't match. The shift **** is usually lighter in a darker colored dash.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your acquisition.
Old 11-01-20, 06:58 PM
OBP
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome ! Congrats ! US model 2005s came without the pie plate wheel caps and use twisty wheel caps instead. Would you stay with the pie plates or try something different.
Old 11-02-20, 02:24 AM
Duk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDaveSC430
Beautiful car and GREAT color combo. The wood is walnut; and the sound system speakers are likely in need of being re-foamed using a kit from Simply Speakers; very inexpensive and prevents the rattling on bass notes. Memory buttons are not illuminated. Congrats!!
Thank you very much!!
Old 11-02-20, 02:24 AM
Duk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Harold57
The shift **** and dash colors typically don't match. The shift **** is usually lighter in a darker colored dash.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your acquisition.
Thank you very much!!
Old 11-02-20, 02:28 AM
Duk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OBP
Welcome ! Congrats ! US model 2005s came without the pie plate wheel caps and use twisty wheel caps instead. Would you stay with the pie plates or try something different.
Thank you very much!!
I was not aware of that. Will have to dig in, do some research...and we’l see.
Old 11-02-20, 02:43 AM
Duk
Driver School Candidate

Default Few other questions if I may...

Went through relevant threads. Managed to get the glove box bulb out! So proud😂
1. Took the driver’s side floor bulb plastic cover out just to find out that there is nothing underneath 😱(see pictures)... got myself below the steering wheel with a flashlight, found nothing...any ideas?
2. Found a button in the glove box...try to fit in place, keeps falling. Some part is missing...(see pictures). Any ideas?
highly appreciate your thoughts

Last edited by Duk; 11-02-20 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-02-20, 02:44 AM
Seattle SCone
Advanced

Received 293 Likes on 175 Posts

Congratulations. She will be a fun keeper.

Get rid of those run flats ASAP for better steering stability and smoother ride. The run flats aggressively tram rail and it's really disconcerting to have your car suddenly change directions on the highway without any steering inputs from you. Pilot Sport All Season's fixed that awful tendency.
Old 11-02-20, 08:04 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 566 Likes on 432 Posts

I couldn’t tell but it looked like the button cover is broken on the right. Trip to savage yard or dealer part department will help. There are many inexpensive things you could do for your SC like replace all light bulbs with LEDs, adding puddle lights, adding backup camera, etc....Do a search on the related subjects you will find lots of information.
Congrats and welcome to the club.
Old 11-02-20, 09:34 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 428 Posts

That plastic light cover is deceiving, because as far as I know, mine does not have a light fixture either.

I think you are missing this piece (it broke off), so the button can't snap into place

Old 11-02-20, 10:40 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Without going out to my car and checking, I believe that is where the driver's footwell light is supposed to be. Check behind the panel to see if the socket got pushed out and is hanging loose up there.
Old 11-02-20, 07:39 PM
OBP
Instructor

Originally Posted by GmanSC
There are many inexpensive things you could do for your SC like replace all light bulbs with LEDs, adding puddle lights, adding backup camera, etc....Do a search on the related subjects you will find lots of information.
Yes like GMAN said, I replaced every single interior light bulb with LED and it made a real difference. Very happy. The map light can be tricky because of the reverse polarity so depending on what replacement bulb or LED board you use, you may have to cross wire. But the difference once you have white LEDs in the interior is very pleasing. Highly recommended. Change the trunk bulbs too - very easy.
Old 11-02-20, 07:44 PM
OBP
Instructor

Originally Posted by Duk
Went through relevant threads. Managed to get the glove box bulb out! So proud😂
1. Took the driver’s side floor bulb plastic cover out just to find out that there is nothing underneath 😱(see pictures)... got myself below the steering wheel with a flashlight, found nothing...any ideas?
Mine has a small socket there with a small bulb. I replaced it with a small LED. Looks great when you open the door/ unlock the car at night.

Quick Reply: Finally got my 2005 sc430