SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Very affordable 2010 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-21, 09:53 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 499 Likes on 417 Posts
Default Very affordable 2010 for sale

I was just searching the internet and came across this car. Not a bad price for a 2010 with decent miles
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
The following users liked this post:
JTho (01-11-21)
Old 01-11-21, 11:46 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 904 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by DshngDaryl
I was just searching the internet and came across this car. Not a bad price for a 2010 with decent miles
This one won’t last very long...good price for a nice car.
looks like it was taken care of very well....
wish I was in the market fo another...
BTW, I am selling my 2002...I have four cars for two people.

Last edited by Bgw70; 01-13-21 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-12-21, 02:06 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Good for those in the market for a nice SC. Too bad that I don't want to give up my 04 PB ed even for the 2010
Old 01-12-21, 02:40 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 491 Likes on 391 Posts

Nice one...thanks double-D!

Does anyone recognize the brand of floor mats in this SC? I looked for a good set like this when I bought my 2008, but had to settle for a less-than-great set from AutoZone. Unfortunately, the last time I checked, WeatherTech has not designed a product yet for the SC, or I would buy them. I put WeatherTech in my wife's ES, and we love them.
Old 01-12-21, 03:06 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 499 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson2000
Unfortunately, the last time I checked, WeatherTech has not designed a product yet for the SC, or I would buy them. I put WeatherTech in my wife's ES, and we love them.
Nothing like the OEM ones, in my opinion. At around $80, you can't beat 'em https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...dkw=sc430+mats

But if you want a waterproof mat, I wonder if this is the answer
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-For-Lex...Cclp%3A2334524

Old 01-12-21, 03:22 PM
Wilson2000
Pole Position

Received 491 Likes on 391 Posts

Nothing like the OEM ones, in my opinion. At around $80, you can't beat 'em
Yes, I'm looking for waterproof mats so the OEM ain't cutting it. I checked out the second link and those look great, however, I wouldn't gamble spending $80 plus $30 for shipping unless someone had them and recommends them.
Old 01-12-21, 03:47 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 348 Posts

My 06 came with a set of weathertech front mats when I bought it. I did not like them as they were black and to thick I thought so I sent them to my son in VA who has a black interior 05. He is vary happy with them. I think that package cost me $37 to ship. They were very heavy

Dennis

Last edited by DJWLDW; 01-12-21 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-12-21, 03:59 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 563 Likes on 429 Posts

Dawn! I paid 29k for my 07. I could have waited. But then I’d missed five years of fun driving. Dawn!
Old 01-13-21, 09:00 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I paid almost 20k for my 2006 blue SC430 back in 2015 with 65k miles... but total cost with CA commie registration cost another 2k, and then total cost with interest is around $24-25k

I have modded it since.. one of the best most striking mods I have done to it to date, is installing TSW Bathurst Wheels (rotary forged) and they are staggered

Sure gave the car a much better and more aggressive look 19x9 in front and 19.9.5 in the rear - 245/35's on front and 285/30's in back with Hankook Z rated rubber.. sure was nice to get rid of the stock run flats!!
Old 01-13-21, 09:09 PM
SC430fun
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 98 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC with all bells and whistles in incredible shape I just picked up for a daily driver thats extremely comfortable, and the 32v 4.6 Cobra engine it has is beautiful as well and has no shortage on power and is rev happy. I can lay off the Lexus and use it more as a weekend toy, or to go on vacation with. This car will be worth money in the future so I will take great care of it, but the Lexus is the one that stays in the garage.. I have a 2016 BMW 328i X-drive my lady drives, and that car even stays on the street with the Lincoln.. lol Every time I drive that car, I saw my BMW prayer and hope nothing breaks even though its only 75k miles. I chase little issues on it here and there but compared to the problems I will run into once it gets past 100k, this car hasnt been too bad and handles awesome in foul weather with the x-drive. Right now I am chasing an electrical issue with the rear left tail light and its driving me ****ing crazy.. **** like this NEVER happens on my SC430.. Even the Lincoln with its quirks, I think is a better car than the BMW.

The Lincoln Only 64k miles and in mint condition, and the interior is beyond comfortable.. I am installing a custom stereo with nav unit I have left over from my older Thunderbird which is the cheaper ford version of this car, so the box, with custom amp rack and all the goodies for a powerful system will go right into this car.. sometimes I think I will just play with the engine in this car Mark VIII instead and leave my SC430 stock, since the 4.6 Cobra engine is stout and can handle up to 600hp easily on the stock block, and all it takes is a supercharger which is widely available for the cobra mustangs... people are running high 10's in the 1/4 mile with a simple blower installed which has no affect on reliability. My older 94 Mark VIII had over 300k miles and had too many problems to deal with since the previous owner beat the **** out of it. Driving the Mark VIII daily, I keep my Lexus safe in the garage and can play with it and do projects without stressing that I need to get it back together so I can use it to get around. My 99 honda accord with 59k miles is being sold, since I prefer to keep this Lincoln instead, and I have **** loads of replacement parts left over for it from my older Tbirds and previous Lincoln Mark VIII to keep it going.. It actually outhandles my SC430 and gets better mileage despite being a big car, and its on air and I plan to keep it that way.. I am adjusting the sensors for the airbags, and will lower it 1.5 to 2" this weekend!

If you chip this car and remove the speed limiter and do nothing else to add power, these cars are capable of hitting just over 180mph believe it or not! Ford engineers proved this at the salt flats years ago, and it set a speed record that the mustangs of that era could not even come close to touching.. lol

If anyone is looking for a beater to buy, my 99 Accord I am cleaning up, and doing a few things to it like new tires - it has a new transmission since it was cursed with one of the bad trannies that Honda used in many models and they got sued over - it was slipping and rolling backwards by 30k miles, and I had it rebuilt with updated parts and beefed up for $2600 but now it just sits and I want to find it a good home.

I have been driving my SC430 less than 1500-2k miles a year since I started to lay off of it back in 2018.. I just tried to smog it today and it failed visual because the exhaust shop decided to pull off the 3rd cat along with the resonator I asked them to remove and I am not sure why since I told them to leave the cats alone. I got lucky for a few years, and smog stations somehow missed it. What a mess.. I am going to make a new post for this issue now..

I dont have much left from my SC430 2009 parts car.. but I have the entire engine on a stand, and the trans with rear subframe, and differential, axles.. etc.. I have been wanting to play with the engine and go all out with longer rods, forged internals to make something that can net 350-370hp while N/A but if I decide to do forced induction later on it will be able to take it. The problem is that I am in CA, and any mods like that requires a tune which is against the law - I cant even get a tune on my currently stock SC430, and then remove the tune when I need to smog it because the smog station will see the modified tune I pulled and fail it for that reason.. I literally will have to swap computers every other year so I can pass smog.. its beyond stupid and ridiculous... I need to get out of CA!!!

Last edited by SC430fun; 01-13-21 at 09:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RichardMor (01-16-21)
Old 01-14-21, 10:15 AM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's my opinion. I test drove this car yesterday. The car started life in Conn. and 2nd owner was in NJ. It's now for sale in Va. Paint was in bad shape with rock chips on the hood and scratches on every panel that you could feel them with your fingernail. No signs of body repair and had good panel alignment. They say they plan to detail it. Engine bay is dirty and needs detailed as well. Engine and transmission ran like Lexus and timing belt had been serviced, so no complaints. Front end had a clunk when braking. Tires were new Achelles 245/40 ZR18 97W rated and not runflats and no spare. I'm not familiar with these tires to have an opinion. Wheels had slight curb rash. Interior shows signs of wear with the worse being on the cup holder on the edges of the poly finish. Hasn't been upgraded to have a backup camera.

I was going to make an offer, but CarLotz is a consignment company and prices are firm. If you buy, they mail you a title after they settle with the owner. I have a beautiful 2006 with 104k miles they offered me $10,500 for, more than I expected from this outfit. This is a newer car, but not a better car than what I have. Plus they charge $699 to close the paperwork with the owner. They also charge the owner $799 to advertise it. So they get paid on both buyer and seller ends. I felt the only real upgrade for me was the radio and its hard to justify the difference in price between a 2006 and 2010 for that.
The following 6 users liked this post by Poqman:
DJWLDW (01-14-21), implantgs4 (01-14-21), JDaveSC430 (01-14-21), JTho (01-15-21), RichardMor (01-16-21), SC300Es (01-14-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-14-21, 10:46 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Great write up. Thanks

Dennis
Old 01-14-21, 04:38 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 563 Likes on 429 Posts

The real value of the 2010 SC’s is the fact that only 329 of them produced in US.
Old 01-14-21, 09:08 PM
Buggeroff6
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dunno, I bought my 2002 SC with 34K mi. in Stroudsburg PA (whaayy out there but people commute NYC/PA!!!)=$22300. Given the online line conver$ion in todays money being about $24000 then, methinks "its the years, not the mileage" (that would may Indiana Jones think twice on this kind of "not bad"..but YMMV-I had to replace the run flats immediately (boy did they suck) and chose to do belt/H20/fluids/etc). I'd say stay away, but value is in the mind of the interested observer...
Only thing to add is I would assume the largely lawless Republicans don't put a little thing in their state called "lemon law", as does most of the N.E/NY/PA. I'm also not sure they even require emissions tests, nor full safety, but obviously, if you're posting here "or for a friend" you'll scour the paperwork.
Last order of out of biz (I bought a 944 Turbo in 86 from a VA dealer shipped up to my own, no probs for 55K, warranty, arrest me red, all those fun things a 23 year old wants, aka brat!)..if the car has been used/driven in the incnntinental south, you may wish to examine the body for hail, flood or jet ski use...hey, I still don't understand why the engine, used in a Highlander, couldn't take towing a Airstream, so don't ask me!!!
Good luck, whoever you car!

Last edited by Buggeroff6; 01-15-21 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-15-21, 10:44 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Pogman

Question for you. The service history on that car showed that the water pump had been changed and that timing belt was 5 years over due however it did not indicate that it had been changed? Was there a sticker in the engine compartment indicating it had been changed?

Dennis

Quick Reply: Very affordable 2010 for sale