SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

It is with a heavy heart........

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-03, 06:13 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default It is with a heavy heart........

....That I must say goodbye.....

I just traded in my Lexus for a 2004 350Z "Touring" model (with navigation option), 6 spd. The dealer is adding the following for me:

- Borla exhaust
- Injen intake
- Nismo headers
-Eiback springs
- RenTech high flow cats
- Cross drilling the rotors
- Nismo billet pulley kit

The Lex is a fantastic car, but just isn't for me. I, like CeBoyd, thrive on handling, performance and have that unquentiable (sp??) need for speed.

I'd still like to hang around here a bit since you're all a great, fun and sincere bunch of folks. I feel like I've actually gotten to know many of you like Ed (1NICELex), Tim (tfischer), Chris (CeBoyd), Gene and all the others.

Furthermore, I'd like to thank the Acadamy for making it possble..........whoops, sorry, wrong speech !

Anyway, thanks everyone for putting up with my arcasm (it was all in fun) and giving it back to me when I deserved it (like after every post.........)

Thanks guys. Best of life and love to all!
Old 09-20-03, 06:40 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Congratulations to you, and I'm sure you made a decision that you'll be happy with.

It looks like you enjoy your SC while you have it, but all good things must come to an end.

I'll be getting the the G35 coupe in about a month or so, so maybe I'll see you in the Infiniti/Nissan forums, but It'll be a replacement for my CL-S, so I'll be keeping my Lexus for a while.

Post pictures as soon as you get it ( I know that'll be a challenge for you . )
Old 09-20-03, 07:28 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: It is with a heavy heart........

Originally posted by Larry
....That I must say goodbye.....

I just traded in my Lexus for a 2004 350Z "Touring" model (with navigation option), 6 spd. The dealer is adding the following for me:

The Lex is a fantastic car, but just isn't for me. I, like CeBoyd, thrive on handling, performance and have that unquentiable (sp??) need for speed.

Thanks guys. Best of life and love to all!

Way to go Larry.. Go figure, we both got out of our SC430's within days of each other....

I too will miss the great folks here and will probably pop in from time to time.

I don't regret owning the car because I would have always wondered but I have ZERO regrets with my new ride... Sounds like you are in the same situation.... I think you'll like the 350Z NAV more than the SC430 BTW

Last edited by ceboyd; 09-20-03 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-21-03, 07:22 AM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Larry and Chris-

Congrats to both of you. With any luck, I should be taking delivery of my G35 coupe in late October. I echo your sentiments... I have absolutely ZERO regrets about purchasing the SC430. It is a remarkable car in many ways.

Enjoy the new rides, and keep visiting CL. I know I will. Great bunch of folks... and once a Lexus fan, always a Lexus fan!

DSeag2
Old 09-21-03, 08:56 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Larry, ol' bud .... good luck with your new wheels. If you have any problems posting pics of it (which we demand that you do), let me know and I'll do it for you.

As a longtime owner of a Z, I got pretty excited when the rumors of a new Z started making the rounds months ago. I had a '72 240Z (bought new for $4,000) and kept it until last year when I gave it to my nephew. But handling and performance are no longer important to me as they are to you, Chris, and many others. I'm extremely satisfied with my SC, although I do steal sidelong glances at the Z's when I pass the dealer's lot.

Doesn't the Touring Roadster come only with an automatic transmission? If that's the case, I'm surprised that you're not getting the model that offers the 6-speed manual.
Old 09-21-03, 11:16 AM
Phu
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Larry, hope both you and CE will drop by from time to time. Enjoy the new rides guys.
Old 09-21-03, 11:58 AM
Roofless
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Say It Ain't So

Larry! Dude! We'll miss you and your clever sarcastic exchanges with Ed. I know you thought a lot of us were offended by or didn't understand your posts, but the truth is we were laughing and enjoying our forum even more. Aside from your sarcasm, you always came off as a good guy and extremely helpful to new members. We'll miss you.

Okay! Move Larry out... Ed, start auditioning new partners. We start again in two weeks. Someone get me some coffee and cancel my massage.

Was coming down Main St. in Seal Beach, CA yesterday with top down when someone yelled at me. I pulled over next to her and her new Black/Black 350Z Roadster with dealer plates. (She's a VP at NissanUSA in Torrance.) Wow - what a looker! ...the car that is. We talked while I sat in it and fumbled with all the controls. She had as many questions about my car as I did about hers. We traded keys and went for a ride around Seal Beach. Enjoyed it so much, we decided to head southeast into the hills for some twisties. 100 miles later we agreed that the Lex feels like 60 grand worth and the Z does not. (Kind of obvious, but still wanted to know.) The Z is better in the twisties and the Lex better on the straights. And overall we thought the Z was more fun and responsive, but the Lex might be the better car for L.A. We also thought the Z was the cooler looking car from the outside (it really is, especially the black) and the Lex from the inside. Everyone, and I mean everyone gawked and whiplashed themselves as our two black convertibles breezed the streets and twisties together. And yes, the obvious - she looked better in my car than I do. Got me thinking about Mods Of The Future - a sex change. Of course, she may have thought the same thing. Yeah right!

Larry, post some pictures. Ed, get ready with the condiment mods.
Have fun Larry, and thanks again for all your insights.
- Richard -
Old 09-21-03, 03:07 PM
flatfoot
Driver

Larry, best of luck with the Z. I sold Datsuns when the Z first came out. The car sold for about $3600 loaded with accessories the dealer would add on. The latest version is undoubtley the best ever. Enjoy.
Flatfoot
Old 09-21-03, 03:21 PM
gkw
Rookie

Default sad to see you guys go...

Count me in as sad to see you two guys go. I haven't posted nearly as much, but have enjoyed reading the banter (and wondering where you find the time??).

I am sure that you will love your new cars, but I am also sure that you (like most of us) will be tempted by that next new and sexy thing (car, that is...).

So enjoy, and stop back from time to time.

Thanks for the entertainment!

As for me, the honeymoon is not over yet at 35k miles...

GW
Old 09-21-03, 04:17 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Unhappy

It seems as though a lot of guys are giving up their 430's for something else. Is it realy that bad performance wise? Please dont take offense to the question as I own a GS so i am just trying to get some insight..
Old 09-21-03, 05:39 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Thanks all for the responses (gee, it seems like I've been gone for minutes..........)

Anyway Ed, the Touring does come with the a 6 speed, which is what I got. If you get the Touring with the 6 sp. also inclouded are the 18" wheels !!

Letsride..........don't misconstrue Chris and I's turning in our SC430's. Yes, they DO perform. They are very fast. They don't handle like a sports car because they''re not sports cars. They are the epitamy of "luxury/performance". I have never owned a car that was as good as the Lex. The out and out quality has ruined me for any other car to come.

Think of it as a Swiss vault that can do zero to sixty in under 6 seconds without breaking a sweat.

LOL rich ! Thanks flatfoot !\

gkw....

Ed and I find the time because we're a couple of middle aged guys who's majority of excercise is tapping computer keys !

Thanks Phu, Sexy and dseag !

Talk to you folks real soon.
Old 09-21-03, 06:18 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Larry,

Just curious, I know the Track model comes with 6 speed MT & the brembos, but like Ed, I always thought the Touring Model comes with automatic & the Performance Model comes with 6 MT. So what really differentiates between the Touring & the Performance models ?
Old 09-21-03, 06:26 PM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the compliment, Larry, but I was at middle-age 10 years ago.

hmmm ... either I didn't read MS Carpoint correctly or they got it wrong regarding the Touring transmission options. Manual is the ONLY way to go - can't wait to hear your opinions on the car.

gkw ...
I find the time because I'm retired. The other guys find the time because they're goofing off at work.
HUH? How do I know that?
Because there are hardly any posts on the weekend.
Well, except now for Larry - he recently got a PC at home so he can goof off there, too.
Old 09-21-03, 07:37 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Here's the differences folks:

Base - 17" wheels, 6spd or auto, climate control

Enthusiast - adds all the above plus Tractiion control, limited slip rear, Xenon lights, aluminum pedals

Performance - adds all the above plus vehicle skid control, tire pressure monitor, 18" wheel's, high performance tires.

Touring - all the above plus Bose stereo, 6 cd changer, leather seats, power seats, heated seats, heated mirrors. I got the Nav system option also. If you get the auto, then the wheels are 17"s. The 6 spd is an option for 2004 and comes with 18"'s.

Track - (back to the Base model, but adds the following) Brembo brake system, lightweight 18"' forged one piece wheels, full aero kit, front and rear spoilers.

How do I know all this?? Because I've read the f * * kin' brochure so many times my eyeballs are bleeding !!

LOL........You're very intuitive Ed ! By the way, get the hell off "MS Carpoint" and look on a real car website.

Hey SexySC.....we met at the track last spring, didn't we ? You're Dennis? (Not that Dennis, the other Dennis with the silver SC and EVo wheels, right ?)
Old 09-21-03, 08:04 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Hey SexySC.....we met at the track last spring, didn't we ? You're Dennis? (Not that Dennis, the other Dennis with the silver SC and EVo wheels, right ?)
Huh ???

BTW, my name is Andrew, shoulda included in my signature.

And Larry, I just found out what my confusion stems from. The packaging of the 350Z models in USA is different from us in Canada, we only have 3 350Z models as packaged in the following link, we are both right :

http://www.nissancanada.com/en/vehic...fications.html

Quick Reply: It is with a heavy heart........