SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

MeisterR back in stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-21, 11:50 AM
cjinthesky
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MeisterR back in stock

MeisterR is taking orders again for ZetaCRD coilovers, with a projected delivery date of May 25th (to them, I think). This is an improvement from “Out of Stock” message we’ve seen for months.
Old 05-05-21, 05:58 PM
430in303
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cjinthesky
MeisterR is taking orders again for ZetaCRD coilovers, with a projected delivery date of May 25th (to them, I think). This is an improvement from “Out of Stock” message we’ve seen for months.
Placed my order this morning. Can’t wait!

Anything else I should think about doing ‘while I’m in there’?
Old 05-06-21, 06:48 AM
st3rnly
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 430in303
Placed my order this morning. Can’t wait!

Anything else I should think about doing ‘while I’m in there’?
Depends how many miles you have on all your suspension components. I'm currently at 135k

I ordered my MeisterR coilovers at the end of 2020, and they finally arrived on Monday. I just finished my full suspension refresh last night replacing the following:
  • Coilovers
  • Upper Control Arms
  • Inner Tie Rods
  • Outer Tie Rods
  • Ball Joints
  • Lower Control Arm #1 bushings
  • Lower Control Arm #2 bushings
  • End Links
Old 05-06-21, 07:24 AM
430in303
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by st3rnly
Depends how many miles you have on all your suspension components. I'm currently at 135k

I ordered my MeisterR coilovers at the end of 2020, and they finally arrived on Monday. I just finished my full suspension refresh last night replacing the following:
  • Coilovers
  • Upper Control Arms
  • Inner Tie Rods
  • Outer Tie Rods
  • Ball Joints
  • End Links
Thanks. I considered replacing the bushings but couldn't figure out exactly which bushings to replace. I read through a bunch of suspension upgrade threads, realized there are a lot of parts that could be upgraded/replaced, and decided to wait until I notice a specific problem that can be link to specific parts. The odometer has ~93K miles on it and I have no real complaints on the handling. I'm adding the coilovers for a 'sportier' ride and to allow for a bit of lowering.
Old 05-06-21, 08:06 AM
cjinthesky
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey 303,
I’ll be very interested to learn the results for your ZetaCRD Only upgrade. They are one of the go-to products on our forum.

I too, am looking for a slightly firmer ride with improved handing on curves. I’m very much NOT an aggressive driver (love seeing the readout steady at 24.3 MPG!).

Cheers CJ
Old 05-06-21, 09:14 AM
st3rnly
Pit Crew

Thanks. I considered replacing the bushings but couldn't figure out exactly which bushings to replace. I read through a bunch of suspension upgrade threads, realized there are a lot of parts that could be upgraded/replaced, and decided to wait until I notice a specific problem that can be link to specific parts. The odometer has ~93K miles on it and I have no real complaints on the handling. I'm adding the coilovers for a 'sportier' ride and to allow for a bit of lowering.
The most important bushing to replace is lower control arm #2 (caster). Mine was dry rotted and extremely cracked. I think this is where a lot of my steering wheel vibration came from, but hard to say for sure. I ended up just getting the
full Daizen kit full Daizen kit
for $100. It was a pain to get the old bushings out, but the new ones went in fairly easy. If you don't want to deal with replacing bushings, you could always just get new control arms (48660-24020 & 48670-24020), but the rubber will fail again eventually. That's why I opted to replace with poly bushings since they'll last.
The following users liked this post:
Seattle SCone (05-06-21)
Old 05-06-21, 01:20 PM
digitatc
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

I was trying to get a set back in Dec 2020 as well but he has none, so I ended up with a set of custom coilovers from YCW with Swift springs. It's been in the garage for storage since Jan.....

• Coilovers
  • Upper Control Arms
  • Inner Tie Rods
  • Outer Tie Rods
  • Ball Joints
  • End Links
You are missing the rear knuckle bushings, check it while you are there doing the coilovers.
My car has been on the jack stands for couple of weeks waiting for parts & tools. It just sucks when you don't have the right tools. It's easy to take out but pain the behind to put back in.
Have fun fixing/upgrading the car.

Old rear knuckle bushing

rear knuckle bushing, out.

The following users liked this post:
st3rnly (05-06-21)
Old 05-06-21, 01:48 PM
st3rnly
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by digitatc
I was trying to get a set back in Dec 2020 as well but he has none, so I ended up with a set of custom coilovers from YCW with Swift springs. It's been in the garage for storage since Jan.....

You are missing the rear knuckle bushings, check it while you are there doing the coilovers.
My car has been on the jack stands for couple of weeks waiting for parts & tools. It just sucks when you don't have the right tools. It's easy to take out but pain the behind to put back in.
Have fun fixing/upgrading the car.

Old rear knuckle bushing

rear knuckle bushing, out.
Good call! I realized I overlooked that one as soon as I was ***** deep in the project. Everything is buttoned up now, so I'll most likely swap those down the road.
Old 05-07-21, 07:20 AM
430in303
Driver School Candidate

The most important bushing to replace is lower control arm #2 (caster). Mine was dry rotted and extremely cracked. I think this is where a lot of my steering wheel vibration came from, but hard to say for sure. I ended up just getting the full Daizen kit for $100. It was a pain to get the old bushings out, but the new ones went in fairly easy. If you don't want to deal with replacing bushings, you could always just get new control arms (48660-24020 & 48670-24020), but the rubber will fail again eventually. That's why I opted to replace with poly bushings since they'll last.
Good call. I'll try to get underneath this weekend and take a look. For $100 more I'd just assume get this done now, especially as it may save me from a second alignment.
Old 05-08-21, 01:41 PM
430in303
Driver School Candidate

Good call. I'll try to get underneath this weekend and take a look. For $100 more I'd just assume get this done now, especially as it may save me from a second alignment.
Yeah, looks like I’ll be doing bushings as well.

Old 05-08-21, 01:59 PM
digitatc
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

Yeah, looks like I’ll be doing bushings as well.
that's your lower ball joint
Old 05-10-21, 08:04 AM
430in303
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by digitatc
that's your lower ball joint
Damn, I need to order more parts!