SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2004 Silver on Black - Just arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-03, 08:32 PM
nbontis
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking 2004 Silver on Black - Just arrived!

Finally ... I got the call today. I drove down and checked out my brand new 2004 Silver on Black SC 430. According to the sticker, she was built in August in Japan! I can't believe she made it this far in a few short weeks. They just unloaded her into the service centre at Performance Lexus in St. Catharines, Ontario when I arrived. I did a cursory inspection and she looked like a goddess.

It's true about the new Dunlop tires. I was told that Lexus did major R&D this past year on the run - flats and decided to go with the Dunlops after considerable benchmarking. 2003 and 2002 SC 430s (in Canada) had the Bridgestone Potenzas but they changed over to Dunlops for 2004.

The dealer is taking the next few days for prep, cleaning and inspection. I will spend the next few days getting my license and insurance in order. As soon as she comes home, I will let you know. I took some initial pics which I will post soon.

It's great to finally join you all as an official owner instead of a lurking wannabee!

Thanks again to Ken for all the advice during the summer.

Cheers, Nick

2004 Lexus SC 430 - Silver on Black
2002 Lincoln Navigator - Beige on Grey
Old 09-24-03, 08:39 PM
nbontis
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up 1st Pics at Dealership

Here are the first pics of my new baby having just arrived at the dealership.

My final inspection and delivery will be in a few days. Any advice on what to look for and ask for would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Nick

Old 09-25-03, 02:26 PM
flatfoot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick, congratulations! Beautiful silver and black! I have silver and ecru ( necessary in the Florida sun ). Enjoy, enjoy. Best of luck to you, you "official owner".

Flatfoot
Old 09-25-03, 02:30 PM
LexPro
Pole Position

NICE!
Old 09-25-03, 06:19 PM
ron36330
Pole Position

Default nbontis-Beautiful

Looks great. They are a super car. Hope you have many safe and happy miles. Welcome to the club.
Ron
Old 09-25-03, 07:07 PM
GLGTOY
Rookie

Thumbs up

I am sure you are going to have a lot of fun. Top up or Down.

Happy Motoring.
Old 09-25-03, 09:12 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Beautiful car; congratulations. Mine should arrive at any time: silver/ecru (necessary in TX).

Hey, did you ask for the front plate bracket? Please let me know. I told my dealer if the car comes with the bracket, deal is off (and I mean it). NM (where I'm buying the car) is a no-front-plate state though, but TX is, and I've NEVER been stopped for that in over 20 years of not having it on any vehicle. And radar detects you miles away with the plate. Hopefully they still come without it; only with the dimples.

Take care.

JC
Old 09-26-03, 04:36 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The car comes standard with dimples. If your dealer has any wits about him (as mine does), he won't install the bracket unless you okay it.

Some people just don't like having a front plate, period - regardless of the radar issue. Personally, the only reason I never mounted my front plate is because the bracket is just about the most unelegant piece of cr*p I've seen. Why Lexus has not offered a paint-matched fitted front plate bracket for this exceptional car baffles me. I'd buy one even though it would most certainly be way overpriced.
Old 09-26-03, 07:02 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Congratulations nbontis !! Post more pics after you take delivery.

1NICE, I would also prefer not to have front plates at all, but they are mandatory here in Canada.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 09-26-03 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-26-03, 09:54 AM
nbontis
Driver School Candidate

Default front plates

Sorry guys, no choice on the front plates, it's the law here in Ontario.

By the way, if any of you see me on the street (typically Hamilton to
Toronto) don't forget to honk and catch me. Eventually, the SC430s
in the Golden Horseshoe will have to get together.

Cheers, Nick

2004 Lexus SC430 - Silver on Black
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T - Blue on Black
Old 09-26-03, 01:27 PM
bengreen
Rookie

Default Nick, enjoy

Congrats....a few observations

Keep good notes prior to coming in for first service...Turn the Mark L. down long enough to note any strange noises (door, PAX seat, dash, roof hinges). Are all the tools accounted for?. MAKE SURE to tell them not to put on the dealer's logo...on body, on license...etc..unless you get paid for advertising!!!. CAREFULLY read owners manual....reading about and playing with each ****. Paper clip the manual where you have questions...Make a tight friend of the service manager (a bottle of booze up front for his TLC )...Remember Bogie's favors to Capt. Renne in Casablanca!! I'm Shocked, Shocked....... Make sure you meet the tech guy in the shop who will be working on your baby...If he does good work...send an "atta boy" letter, thru channels. (that gets into his record....better than a tip at that level)....... Kick back and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!don't you wish you had "baby" while in the frat house.? But then, its never too late........Ben
Old 09-27-03, 05:35 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nbon ... sexy ...

As you Canadian neighbors of New York State are probably aware, front plates are mandatory here as well. I thnk the only reason I haven't been annoyed by the local LEA is because I live 5 miles from Pennsylvania which does not require front plates. There are so many Pennsylvanians driving around that I don't think the local LEA pays much attention to missing plates.

At a checkpoint recently, a state trooper did notice and said that I should get my plate on. I just gave him some sad eyes and asked him if he was really going to make me punch holes in my new pretty car. He smiled and waved me on.
Old 09-27-03, 04:01 PM
flatfoot
Driver

No front tag necessary in Florida. YEA!!!!
Old 09-30-03, 06:18 PM
nbontis
Driver School Candidate

Talking She is finally home!

I finally drove my '04 SC 430 home today for the first time. I enclose a few pics for you below. The first one is the official Lexus presentation. By the way, the dealership did an awesome job in providing review of the manual, key features and maintenance. The gas tank was full and my personalized plates were fastened. The car was gleaming inside and out. It had 12 km on the odometer and the dealer even asked for my favourite CD which was already in the car before I got in. Last but not least, my wife was given a beautiful gift basket of chocolates and sweets before we ventured off .... that's what I call unparalleled service!

My first drive in the car was a short hop from St. Catharines to Niagara Falls. It was a bit windy but I could not help driving with the top down near one of the seven natural wonders of the world ... nature & science in harmony!

Cheers, Nick

2004 Lexus SC430 - Silver on Black
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T - Blue on Black
http://www.bontis.com

Old 10-11-03, 05:56 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How awesome is that! New car, with custom plates, some chocolates, and i guess you can throw the wife in there too!

Looks great!

Quick Reply: 2004 Silver on Black - Just arrived!