SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

XPel Installation Cost

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-03, 09:44 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Great news guys; thanks.
Hey Doc, do you have the contact info for the person you bought the kit from? I assume you saw an ad on autosport magazine; hopefully you still have the invoice or the magazine.

Thanks.

JC
Old 09-26-03, 03:45 PM
Doc C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ELP_JC,

I am so sorry. I meant to say Autosport catalog. Their email is autosportcatalog.com and the xpel headlight covers cost $24.95. Go to the exterior protection part of their website. I'm sorry, I'd post the link, but am too stupid to know how to do that.They have some nice sealed license plate holders as well. Good luck.

Doc C
Old 09-26-03, 04:36 PM
LexPro
Pole Position

ELPJC if you are getting you car in San Antonio still Call Xpel and ask for Rege Brunner(owner), they are based in San Antonio and see if you can get an appt to have it installed at the Xpel factory. X-pel.com should have the phone number.
Old 09-26-03, 04:45 PM
JCtx
Racer

Hey Doc, thanks; that's a lot cheaper than $70 at XPel's site.

Lex, the car I was getting in San Antonio was damaged when they went to fill up the tank. I found an '04 in Albuquerque for only $2K more, and went for it. Same color: silver/ecru. Should arrive late next week, or the following. Two weeks after they initially told me; bad news came after they took my money, or course.

Thanks guys.

JC
Old 09-26-03, 10:06 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Doc C
Their email is autosportcatalog.com and the xpel headlight covers cost $24.95.
The problem is after I click on the link and select the car, the price goes to 44.95. There probably is a car or two that is 24.95. They should really say starts at 24.95. I agree that 44.95 is still better than the Xpel price. Looks like they raised their prices. I also bought my set for less than $45 but that was a one time thing.

You may also want to PM rominl. At one point he had a hookup on Xpel too. Not sure if he still does but it is worth a try.
Old 09-27-03, 07:18 AM
GLGTOY
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, You can also check out this site.

www.armorglove.com

The have a light kit that also includes the fogs for 49.95.
Old 10-02-03, 07:18 PM
FWCruiser
Driver School Candidate

I just had XPel installed on the bumper, hood and mirrors for $267 here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Very happy with the price and the job. David
Old 10-02-03, 08:19 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by FWCruiser
I just had XPel installed on the bumper, hood and mirrors for $267 here in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Very happy with the price and the job. David
Nice deal! What about the headlights?

Last edited by Neo; 10-02-03 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-03-03, 12:05 PM
bengreen
Rookie

Default David's Xpel Job

David

Who here in Dallas did your Epel work???? I'm considering it for my white O2...The front end is a rock magnet...The "official" touch-up paint (base and final) for the " White Gold Crystal" comes out paper white....Ugh......Dealer is going to 'mix up' a batch of the true color for me...and do a complimentary all around touch-up. Thanks...Ben
Old 10-03-03, 06:57 PM
FWCruiser
Driver School Candidate

Neo, I'm not sure I'm going to do the headlights or foglights. In 30 plus years of driving I've never busted a headlight, so I'll probably take my chances.
Ben, a place in Arlington called MARS International did the Expel. A little explanation is required here. This company sells franchises in auto care and detailing. The owners of these franchises come to Arlington to learn the business. The instructors need cars to show the students how to do it. The students do not touch your car, only the instructors. Students work on hoods and bumpers obtained from junk yards. They do the XPel class only on Thursdays. That is why the price is so inexpensive. They need cars to demo for the students and just charge to cover materials. I don't think they had done an SC430 before. They said it was a lot harder than other cars they have done. Call them at 817 226-6277 and talk to Jason Jones if you are interested. They would also touch-up your rock chips I'm sure. The work is guaranteed. I found them through the XPel website when I was looking for an installer. David
Old 10-03-03, 07:28 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by FWCruiser
Neo, I'm not sure I'm going to do the headlights or foglights. In 30 plus years of driving I've never busted a headlight, so I'll probably take my chances.
Although you probably won't break the headlight, you will probably get a lot of damage from rock chips. I've had mine on for about 9 months and it still looks pretty good. The amazing part though is that people with chipped up headlights got better, smoother headlighs by putting X-Pel on. The X-Pel hid the chips pretty well so you may want to do this later too. It is never too late.

With new headlights, you can swap the X-Pel out every two or three years and it will still be cheaper than replacing the headlights (if you are botthered by the chips). Food for thought.

Last edited by Neo; 10-03-03 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-04-03, 08:13 AM
bengreen
Rookie

Default David's Expel

Many, many thanks for Expel info. Really appreciate it. Ben
Old 10-09-03, 06:04 AM
Deanski
Driver

Default Armorglove

Well, after much due-diligence, I went with Armorglove.

The reason was for one thing, they can wrap the hood piece under the sides so all you see is where it ends.

The other reasons, thicker and glossier version than X-Pel.

I had the following done: Front bumper/air-dam, headlights, fender by headlights, hood (wrapped), side mirrors, rocker panels and door cups. Cost was $1000.00 installed by Armorglove in Connecticut.

Also after seeing the work they do on the high-end cars in our area and checking with customers, I went with the Armorglove.

No matter wich one you get, it's worth every cent! After only 15 days of ownership, the SC430 got stoned and was chipping like crazy! No other car had this problem. Chips were repaired, but dealer did a poor job.

You will really like having it on and knowing you will not chip the paint again!

When waxing/detailing, just be careful not to rub hard over it as it is soft! You can wax over it as well, just do not polish it with paint polishes, use a plastic polish if need be when removing fine scratches. I use a QD to remove any bugs or debris on it.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 10-09-03, 10:53 AM
JCtx
Racer

Good info Deanski. I'm in the process of deciding what to do about the clear bra, and what brand to choose. Wrapping the hood makes a huge difference IMO, since it's the most vulnerable part to start lifting. Only problem is nobody installs that stuff where I live. Will ask an installer of other brand if he can do it.
Hey, what's 'QD'?

JC
Old 10-09-03, 06:39 PM
Deanski
Driver

ELP_JC:

QD= Quick Detailer... megs Final Inspection or better yet, Megs Final Detail (Detailer liine) or Clearkote Quick Shine.

Yes, wrapped hoods look much better as you will only see where it ends, and if done correctly, very hard to tell unless VERY close to the car. Darker finishes hide better than light ones.

I would ask if they can wrap it. It takes two men to do it correctly.

No matter what, ask to see a customers car and speak to as many people you can. Installers can be good or bad.

Wish I had it prior to delivery!

Regards,
Deanski