SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Help with wiring under seats, please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-21, 01:40 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 499 Likes on 417 Posts

From the video it kind of seems you are missing one of the two ends of the heating grid. Like they did not put the grid back. Look at minute 5:34 on the video and you will see what I mean
Old 05-26-21, 05:53 PM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

Well the shop couldn’t find a place for the plugs on the passenger seat. They will be looking at the driver’s side for clues to fix. It is strange that the lumbar works on the passenger side and nothing else. If I could get the seat to move forward and back I would be in a place that I could reinstall the seat. Right now I can access the front bolts to secure it but without forward movement I can’t access the rear bolts.
Old 05-26-21, 07:11 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 904 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by WtSpyder
Well the shop couldn’t find a place for the plugs on the passenger seat. They will be looking at the driver’s side for clues to fix. It is strange that the lumbar works on the passenger side and nothing else. If I could get the seat to move forward and back I would be in a place that I could reinstall the seat. Right now I can access the front bolts to secure it but without forward movement I can’t access the rear bolts.
Do you have heat on the seat bottom and back areas?

Last edited by Bgw70; 05-26-21 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-27-21, 06:35 PM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Do you have heat on the seat bottom and back areas?

yes they do.
Old 05-27-21, 07:08 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

yes they do.
well, I am at a loss as to where They connect…
not sure if you said, but my car was 2002, which should be the same as 2002-2005, possibly all years.
I only have a 2007 now and if I had time would pull a seat to help.

just to be clear

drivers side
All seat functions and full heat back and bottom.

passenger side
no seat functions but full heat back and bottom.

passenger side dash light functions with weight on seat.
Old 05-28-21, 03:55 AM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

As it stands for now, the driver side functions as it should. All movement and heaters. On the passenger seat the lumbar motor functions no other movements. Have not tried the heater yet.
Old 05-28-21, 04:17 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

As it stands for now, the driver side functions as it should. All movement and heaters. On the passenger seat the lumbar motor functions no other movements. Have not tried the heater yet.
does the passenger dash seatbelt reminder function when sitting on the passenger seat with key on?

also, tried for an hour this morning looking at pics I took and on the web trying to figure out where they go…
There are some people selling SC430 seat frames on eBay and many have some of the wiring harness attached.

Last edited by Bgw70; 05-28-21 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-28-21, 02:51 PM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

Thanks, I am going to do contuniy checks on the wires tonight. Thinking that maybe something got pinched when they were working on it.

Last edited by WtSpyder; 05-28-21 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-29-21, 05:11 AM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

A shot in the dark here. In the photo below you can see two connectors that are on the harness that has the Cream plug from the floor. They both are near the seat position controller. Both fit into the plug on the controller that is the same color as these plugs. Maybe during the recovering of the seat the wrong one was plugged into the controller. Could someone check and let me know which color wires they have going into a working seat on the passenger side?

Thanks.

Last edited by WtSpyder; 05-30-21 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-30-21, 08:24 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 499 Likes on 417 Posts

A shot in the dark here. In the photo below you can see two connectors that are on the harness that has the Cream plug from the floor. They both are near the seat position controller. Both fit into the plug on the controller that is the same color as these plugs. Maybe during the recovering of the seat the wrong one was plugged into the controller. Could someone check and let me know which color wires they have going into a working seat on the passenger side?

Thanks.
If no one responds, you can always swap them yourself and "See what happens"

After all, you are already in a non working state
Old 05-30-21, 09:31 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

From your earlier pictures (post # 6), I'd say that you have it connected correctly. The driver's seat has the connector with the larger gauge wires plugged into the same connector that the passenger seat does (in post # 6). I would expect that the two controllers are the same but just with maybe a few different features, if even that. So, yes, it looks like the connectors are plugged in correctly on post # 6.
Old 05-31-21, 04:36 PM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Harold57
From your earlier pictures (post # 6), I'd say that you have it connected correctly. The driver's seat has the connector with the larger gauge wires plugged into the same connector that the passenger seat does (in post # 6). I would expect that the two controllers are the same but just with maybe a few different features, if even that. So, yes, it looks like the connectors are plugged in correctly on post # 6.
Thanks for the observation. The connector you are referring to on the driver side plugs into the side of the controller. I took another photo to show this better. The red arrow points to the connector that would be on the top of the controller and matches he color of the two in question. The green arrow points to the connectors that are what you were referring to on the drivers seat.
Old 06-01-21, 10:43 AM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

Partially solved the connector issue. Looking at the photo in post #6, the purple arrow points to a connector. Look closely and you can see that there is a plate over the back of the connector.

on the passenger seat, the connector on top of the controller is the same type with a plate on the back. The lines do NOT go into the controller. Is this some type of loop back connector? Where does the other gray one go?
Old 06-03-21, 01:35 PM
digitatc
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

Not sure if this helps but here is the power seat diagram.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Power seat diagram.pdf (4.01 MB, 147 views)
Old 06-04-21, 04:38 PM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

Thanks for the diagrams.

Quick Reply: Help with wiring under seats, please.