SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Help with wiring under seats, please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-21, 12:19 PM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Help with wiring under seats, please.

Had my seats reskinned with covers from LSeats. Took the seats to a local shop to have them installed. When I removed the seats the passenger side had 3 plugs going to the harness in the floor. Driver side had 2 to the harness in the floor. While re-installing the drivers seat I noticed a plug dangling from the seat. I couldn’t see a vacant spot for it to go. What is this and we’re does it go? In the photo it s the plug in the red circle.

Old 05-21-21, 12:36 PM
daddiojigg
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

is this loom the same as the other side? I wonder if there's a component only on other side and they decided to use one loom for both sides. I must admit this doesn't seem like toyota's MO but maybe that's the case here. Do you have a pic of the other side? I'd love to see the seats after installation. Pics , please!

Last edited by daddiojigg; 05-21-21 at 12:38 PM. Reason: content
Old 05-21-21, 03:11 PM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

No, don’t see thi on the passenger seat.
Old 05-21-21, 04:19 PM
daddiojigg
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Side airbag loom?
Old 05-21-21, 05:55 PM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

It’s going to connect to something in the seat, the floor harness only has a yellow and cream plug.
Old 05-23-21, 09:58 AM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

Pulled the seats out for a better look at both and to take photos.

Here is the underside of the passenger seat. The yellow, green and purple arrows point to the connectors that match up tho the harness coming from the floor. The red arrow points to a black connector that is loose. The brown points to a cream connector that is open. I looked all over the seat and checked ever motor and module visible and there is nothing that I see that would match up.

Hear is the underside of the drivers seat. Here you see the yellow and cream connectors that match up to the harness coming from the floor. The red arrow points to a loose gray plug and the purple one points to a plugged connector that is very similar to the open connector in the passenger seat.

Does anyone know where the black connector on the passenger seat and the gray connector on the drivers seat go? Are these and the open cream on both seats not used or go to a feature that is not on my car?

Thanks for any help. I am going to plug in the floor harnesses and se if all functions work but I am having to recharge the battery. Just want to make sure that these plugs are not pat of the SRS and not being plugged in will cause a code or warning.
Old 05-23-21, 11:00 AM
digitatc
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

Cant help with everything but make sure you unplug the battery before you connect the yellow connectors ( air bags)
Old 05-23-21, 01:55 PM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

Driver side seem to operate as expected. Passenger side, nothing. Need to see a wiring diagram!
Old 05-23-21, 11:17 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 883 Likes on 707 Posts

I think the gray plug connects to the lower cushion seat heater…see my attached pics.
I also believe the black connects to something in the seat…make sure both upper and lower heaters are working and all seat functions operate.

Last edited by Bgw70; 05-23-21 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-23-21, 11:42 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

also, I think the passenger side has three floor plugs due to the weight detection sensor in the seat…it’s for the light in the passenger side dash

Old 05-24-21, 03:27 AM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Bgw70
I think the gray plug connects to the lower cushion seat heater…see my attached pics.
I also believe the black connects to something in the seat…make sure both upper and lower heaters are working and all seat functions operate.

thanks for the great information. The question is where does it plug into? Once on the framework with all the motors everything seems to have something plugged into and I don’t see an open receptacle.
Old 05-24-21, 08:10 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by WtSpyder
thanks for the great information. The question is where does it plug into? Once on the framework with all the motors everything seems to have something plugged into and I don’t see an open receptacle.
You are holding the female connector and I showed you the male connector.
what happened to the seat heater male connector?
did they replace the seat heater?
Old 05-24-21, 11:02 AM
WtSpyder
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Bgw70
You are holding the female connector and I showed you the male connector.
what happened to the seat heater male connector?
did they replace the seat heater?
they were supposed to remove it from the old seat and put it on the new seat. The wire I am holding with the gray connector goes up to the front of the seat cushion. So frustrating! Thanks for the comment.

Ive called the owner of the shop and he is coming to look at them.
Old 05-24-21, 11:58 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by WtSpyder
they were supposed to remove it from the old seat and put it on the new seat. The wire I am holding with the gray connector goes up to the front of the seat cushion. So frustrating! Thanks for the comment.

Ive called the owner of the shop and he is coming to look at them.
I looked in the wiring diagram but didn’t really find anything inside the seat. Just the seat to floor connectors.
I did the seats on my 2002, but it is sold and I only have the 2007.
I just looked under the passenger seat and could see the yellow, white and gray connected to the floor.
I could not locate a black connector…I sure looked.

I wish you luck…let us know how it goes.

Last edited by Bgw70; 05-24-21 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-24-21, 01:33 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 486 Likes on 406 Posts

I think it is the seat heater element also. There is one for the bottom cushion and one for the back cushion.

Watch this video and hopefully it will help you figure out what is going on:

Here is a picture that may help you

The following users liked this post:
Bgw70 (05-25-21)

Quick Reply: Help with wiring under seats, please.