Internal Gages Not Working - SC430 2005

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-21, 04:22 PM
fkhachi
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Internal Gages Not Working - SC430 2005

I own a 2005 Lexus SC430

When I turn the car ON, I have no lights in the dash and none of my gages are working.

The car starts up just fine but none of the gages in the dash are working. Also, I do have seatbelt light, break light + ABS light indicators turned ON in the dash.

I have already checked 3 fuses that control all gages in the dash and also lights inside the car - Fuse number 5 ( 7.5amp ) on the drive side and also numbers 19 & 20 ( 7.5amp ) on the passenger side and they all look OK and working.

All my lights inside and outside the car and doors are working just fine. Climate control, radio, cd player, and NAV system are all working.

Few things I have done to pin point how this issue starts happening.
  1. Resetting the battery connection by removing the negative terminal and connecting it back on the battery resolves the issue. All lights inside the gages start working and also all gages start to function properly.
  2. As long as the car is ON, and all doors are closed or open, I don’t have any issues. Everything works just fine.
  3. As long as the car is OFF, but one door is open, everything is working just fine.
  4. Problem starts from this point:
  5. The issue starts when car is OFF, and I close all doors and wait for 15 seconds for the lights inside the cabin to power off. After that, I open the doors and put the key in the ignition and at this point i have lost all lights and gages inside the dash.
  6. This happens without locking the car and also without setting the alarm system.
What relay or system controls the dimmable lights inside the cabin that interferes with gages?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Spoiler

Old 06-15-21, 06:25 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 555 Likes on 422 Posts

Your problem is not fuses, gauges nor light bulbs since they are working after you disconnected and reconnected the battery. The problem only starts when you turn off the key. That tells me some of your ECUs is not working correctly. I don’t have the shop manuals nor the wiring diagrams but other have. Hopefully they will chime in to help.

Quick question, do you find rodent drops around your car or in engine compartment ?
Old 06-16-21, 11:35 AM
fkhachi
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for responding. I have attached the wiring here if that helps.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just a quick recap that issues comes back after I close the doors, and lights inside the car dimm down and power OFF.
When I open the door, and put the key in the ignition, all gauges are dead.

Old 06-16-21, 01:12 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 486 Likes on 406 Posts

I think it is your skid control ecu. Click here for a google search
https://www.google.com/search?client...0+skid+control

Read all the threads and see if you agree before you buy anything.
Old 06-16-21, 09:25 PM
fkhachi
Driver School Candidate

Correction, the problem gets resolved by resetting the battery and everything starts working.
The door is causing the problem to come back. When I get of of the car and close the door, 15 seconds later after all the interior lights power OFF, kills the gauges.
The lights inside the car is causing the issue after closing the door. Not the key. The key has nothing to do with anything.
I really don't think this is related to the ECU, but I could be wrong :-)
Thank you for your time. Open to all suggestions
Old 06-16-21, 09:26 PM
fkhachi
Driver School Candidate

The problem gets resolved by resetting the battery and everything starts working.
The door is causing the problem to come back. When I get of of the car and close the door, 15 seconds later after all the interior lights power OFF, kills the gauges.
The lights inside the car is causing the issue after closing the door. Not the key. The key has nothing to do with anything.
I really don't think this is related to the ECU, but I could be wrong :-)
Thank you for your time. Open to all suggestions