SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Got NAViKS- ask any questions here :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-21, 09:15 AM
siddu
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Got NAViKS- ask any questions here :)

oi! I bought and installed the NAViKS + CarPlay kit myself, and I’m open to helping anyone install theirs, or just see it in action.

Personally, I love it.

another one of my useless threads🥲
Idk, I just want to help someone where I can.
The following 5 users liked this post by siddu:
Azfixer (06-22-21), corri (10-20-21), SCCharlie (06-22-21), SeaStories (04-29-22), skylerspace (10-15-23)
Old 06-22-21, 09:24 AM
joemg
Instructor

Received 272 Likes on 191 Posts

are you talking about this version?

Is it now a full touch-screen interface? when I did my car, i didn't get the carplay unit because it required a dial to navigate, is it like a normal touchscreen now?
The following users liked this post:
Philliec (03-05-23)
Old 06-22-21, 09:29 AM
siddu
Rookie

Originally Posted by joemg
are you talking about this version?

Is it now a full touch-screen interface? when I did my car, i didn't get the carplay unit because it required a dial to navigate, is it like a normal touchscreen now?
Yep! That’s the version.
It is fully touchscreen! No dial here
It works pretty well too! Ofc not as good as your iPhone or anything, but decent. It’s just like the video.

for some reason in the video he doesn’t scroll the page, but scrolling works well too.
Old 06-22-21, 10:52 AM
joemg
Instructor

Received 272 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by siddu
Yep! That’s the version.
It is fully touchscreen! No dial here
It works pretty well too! Ofc not as good as your iPhone or anything, but decent. It’s just like the video.

for some reason in the video he doesn’t scroll the page, but scrolling works well too.
wow, that's a great option. Unfortunately, for $750 I can redo the entire stereo system, lol. Maybe it will come down in price after it has been out a while.
Old 06-22-21, 11:28 AM
siddu
Rookie

Originally Posted by joemg
wow, that's a great option. Unfortunately, for $750 I can redo the entire stereo system, lol. Maybe it will come down in price after it has been out a while.
yeah..lmao
I went with NAViKS because i love the old stereo
I use the tape deck waaaay too much

The price was the biggest fear for me too, but then posting a video of it in action inspired a bit of confidence in me

Old 09-09-21, 04:48 PM
Markbaltz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

siddu, thanks for offering to help. My SC is a 2002 and I have a few questions.

1) Does the CarPlay phone capability work? If so, does the kit come with a mic?
2) I don’t believe my car has an Aux In, how did you connect the audio out into your stock head unit?
3) Do any of your steering wheel radio controls work with CarPlay active?

Thanks much.
Old 09-09-21, 04:51 PM
doobs
Advanced

Received 139 Likes on 108 Posts

Where did you mount the "external switch"? I love how he glosses right over that one....
Old 09-09-21, 05:02 PM
siddu
Rookie

Originally Posted by Markbaltz
siddu, thanks for offering to help. My SC is a 2002 and I have a few questions.

1) Does the CarPlay phone capability work? If so, does the kit come with a mic?
2) I don’t believe my car has an Aux In, how did you connect the audio out into your stock head unit?
3) Do any of your steering wheel radio controls work with CarPlay active?

Thanks much.
hi..on a side note I figured out how to enable wired/wireless screen mirroring with audio so I’m loving that..

yeah, it’s primarily built around CarPlay and Android Auto..the actual Bluetooth controls for phones without CarPlay and AA kind of sucks though.. but I never have to see it because I use CarPlay.. and yes it does come with a mic. I placed it at the very back of the windshield so it actually looks quite classy and works well. It reminds me of a Porsche with those central gauges.

make sure when ordering that you get the aux input option, and you have to unplug the big harness from the back of the radio and plug on the NAViKS one.. then plug back in the factory one to the naviks one

no.. so the way it works is the radio has to be on and in some mode, and when you toggle into the naviks it cuts all audio playing from whatever mode you selected and instead plays the naviks.. steering wheel controls don’t work to skip tracks, but volume and the volume preset button work

This weekend, when I get back, I will film a video addressing all of your questions..and showing off the screen mirroring feature

again..im not affiliated with naviks lmao

as for the external button.. the cable is super long and you can change it to whatever place you want because it can be unplugged from the naviks harness.. I put mine in the drivers side footwell so I can easily press it with my knee.. and it’s out of sight. i didn’t want to drill a hole in my glovebox or ashtray.

I’m using CarPlay with iOS 15 beta and so far no problems

Last edited by siddu; 04-26-22 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-28-21, 08:03 PM
mtaalib3
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I am a little confused. With this product, how did you enable Apple Carplay in order to mirror your Iphone? In other words, did you use a wired switch that can turn on and off the mirroring or the mode switch on the steering wheel? Is the mirroring of your phone done via a wired connection or a wireless connection? Also, can the sound from your phone play through your car speakers? I am interested in purchasing this product and I am wondering if I can integrate it with my aftermarket head unit and amps. Thanks.
Old 10-19-21, 05:23 AM
ADSPRU
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

oi! I bought and installed the NAViKS + CarPlay kit myself, and I’m open to helping anyone install theirs, or just see it in action.

Personally, I love it.

another one of my useless threads🥲
Idk, I just want to help someone where I can.
New owner here, I'm definitely ordering this. Can you provide anymore feedback? What year is your car? I really want it for streaming the likes of pandora or amazon music and using the apple maps feature. Thanks for your time.
Old 10-19-21, 05:52 AM
siddu
Rookie

Originally Posted by mtaalib3
I am a little confused. With this product, how did you enable Apple Carplay in order to mirror your Iphone? In other words, did you use a wired switch that can turn on and off the mirroring or the mode switch on the steering wheel? Is the mirroring of your phone done via a wired connection or a wireless connection? Also, can the sound from your phone play through your car speakers? I am interested in purchasing this product and I am wondering if I can integrate it with my aftermarket head unit and amps. Thanks.
na.. for mirroring, they don’t advertise it but if you go into a menu called factory settings u can enable it, and u can access it from the Home Screen. you can pick if you want wireless or wired. personally I couldn’t get wireless to work so I did wired. and yeah the sound plays through the car..

i have no idea if you can use it with an aftermarket head unit
Old 10-19-21, 05:59 AM
siddu
Rookie

Originally Posted by ADSPRU
New owner here, I'm definitely ordering this. Can you provide anymore feedback? What year is your car? I really want it for streaming the likes of pandora or amazon music and using the apple maps feature. Thanks for your time.
sure! my car is 2004 but they sell kits upto 2009 models i believe..

any app that is apple carplay compatible will work with this..because it uses carplay .. and even if the carplay app isn’t there it still plays all iPhone audio through the car via carplay

i know that was kinda confusing but it’s actually simple if you’ve ever played with carplay on any car before.

i was having some disconnecting issues with IOS15 so I asked them and they said they do have the ability to provide software updates through usb.. that’s one thing I learned

i also learned that your INFO screen (the one that comes up when you press the INFO button,) will pass through so it looks quite oem..except for me none of the buttons do anything lmao. i think it’s for the 2005+ models that have Bluetooth phone

the DISPLAY menu also passes through which is very useful..and all the functions work perfectly

yeah that’s my car 😀

overall scrolling isn’t as good as I thought which is why you can just click the little dots at the bottom to change page… but it’s not necessary for CarPlay to be able to scroll
Old 10-19-21, 06:20 AM
ADSPRU
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

sure! my car is 2004 but they sell kits upto 2009 models i believe..

any app that is apple carplay compatible will work with this..because it uses carplay .. and even if the carplay app isn’t there it still plays all iPhone audio through the car via carplay

i know that was kinda confusing but it’s actually simple if you’ve ever played with carplay on any car before.

i was having some disconnecting issues with IOS15 so I asked them and they said they do have the ability to provide software updates through usb.. that’s one thing I learned

i also learned that your INFO screen (the one that comes up when you press the INFO button,) will pass through so it looks quite oem..except for me none of the buttons do anything lmao. i think it’s for the 2005+ models that have Bluetooth phone

the DISPLAY menu also passes through which is very useful..and all the functions work perfectly

yeah that’s my car 😀

overall scrolling isn’t as good as I thought which is why you can just click the little dots at the bottom to change page… but it’s not necessary for CarPlay to be able to scroll
Thanks for the reply, I'm assuming you are satisfied with your purchase.... Did you get the backup camera? Did you have to order anything other than the 750$ part?
Old 10-19-21, 06:44 AM
siddu
Rookie

Originally Posted by ADSPRU
Thanks for the reply, I'm assuming you are satisfied with your purchase.... Did you get the backup camera? Did you have to order anything other than the 750$ part?
yep! im fully satisfied w it

amd yeah I got a backup camera..not from naviks, I got one from Best Buy. any one should work.

make sure you get the aux input add on from naviks. select it while ordering. it’s an extra $100 😭
The following users liked this post:
ADSPRU (10-19-21)
Old 04-26-22, 06:03 PM
hamy1000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAVIKS touchscreen calibration

Does anyone remember how to calibrate the OEM touchscreen on the SC430 to the Naviks? I've been away for a while and left car w8th mechanic. He must have disconnected the battery at one point because the touch screen isn't responding. When I installed this, I recall having to touch and hold onto a part of the screen for some time to get calibration started and after that the touch screen worked fine. Can someone help me out?

Quick Reply: Got NAViKS- ask any questions here :)