SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Did Radio Work - Having blower/AC Issues now.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-21, 12:08 PM
khuong
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Did Radio Work - Having blower/AC Issues now.

Hi all,

Backstory: Changed my Head Unit to another Android Box - Replaced my Kenwood DNX995S - Redid all connections, front and rear cameras. Put everything back in.. now I'm having the issue described below.
Issue: AC On (both Driver/Pass set to 18c) Driver Vents = COLD AIR -- Passenger Vents = HOT AIR

Never had this issue before, did some searching and looks like maybe a bad servo motor - Could I have inadvertently blocked the vent/motor with all the wiring I shoved/placed behind the unit - Or is there a bozo setting I mucked up?

Old 07-08-21, 01:33 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 911 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by khuong
Hi all,

Backstory: Changed my Head Unit to another Android Box - Replaced my Kenwood DNX995S - Redid all connections, front and rear cameras. Put everything back in.. now I'm having the issue described below.
Issue: AC On (both Driver/Pass set to 18c) Driver Vents = COLD AIR -- Passenger Vents = HOT AIR

Never had this issue before, did some searching and looks like maybe a bad servo motor - Could I have inadvertently blocked the vent/motor with all the wiring I shoved/placed behind the unit - Or is there a bozo setting I mucked up?
the actuator is under the dash, access is passenger side floor…there is a thread on the subject.
if it all worked before, I would check the connections on the AC control first
The following users liked this post:
DshngDaryl (07-08-21)
Old 07-08-21, 02:46 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 428 Posts

There are a bunch of wiring harnesses into the AC control (maybe 5?) I would check one of them isn't loose...
Old 07-08-21, 05:55 PM
khuong
Pit Crew

Crisis adverted guys, I was about to pull everything out and glove box LOL.

I pulled off the AC Controls -- and you guys were right, I connected all 3 of the connections, however I failed to click them all in all the way - The panel was lit, and all buttons did what they were suppose to do -- however after clicking it all in, it fixed it.

Glad it was a bozo move by me -- did tons of work on the car the past week so I was kind of really annoyed when that happened.

1) Changed all the rear speakers/sub/front subs (minus the mid fronts and tweeters -- but silicone them)
2) Matted the rear seats/side panels + doors + trunk
3) Put in new android head unit with wireless carplay/android auto + front dash cam + rear cam - redid all the axxess harnesses as well.

Thanks for the suggestions/solutions mates.
The following users liked this post:
Bgw70 (07-08-21)
Old 07-09-21, 06:16 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Glad to see that you got it solved khuong. Post some pictures of your new setup.

Good call BGW & DshngDaryl.
Old 07-09-21, 07:33 AM
khuong
Pit Crew

Here are some pics, I'll take some pics of the radio later, but these were in progress pics, was going to make a big post about it, but I ended up spending a few hours here and there doing it over a few days and didn't have the energy.

50mil Kilmat -- Ended up being cheaper than the stuff at Home Depot / Lowes here.

I neglected the car the past few years (didn't really drive it)

Some elbow grease.

Did the doors in kilmat as well - both inside and outside. PPS8-6 Fosgates and siliconed the mid speaker on both doors.

Bonus picture of my 2 year old baby wiping my car while I was drying my seat belts
Old 07-09-21, 03:21 PM
digitatc
Instructor

Received 264 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by khuong
Crisis adverted guys, I was about to pull everything out and glove box LOL.

I pulled off the AC Controls -- and you guys were right, I connected all 3 of the connections, however I failed to click them all in all the way - The panel was lit, and all buttons did what they were suppose to do -- however after clicking it all in, it fixed it.

Glad it was a bozo move by me -- did tons of work on the car the past week so I was kind of really annoyed when that happened.

1) Changed all the rear speakers/sub/front subs (minus the mid fronts and tweeters -- but silicone them)
2) Matted the rear seats/side panels + doors + trunk
3) Put in new android head unit with wireless carplay/android auto + front dash cam + rear cam - redid all the axxess harnesses as well.

Thanks for the suggestions/solutions mates.
I'm interested in that bold part right there. I was looking into the Axxess but then stop.
btw, you got a great helper there.
Old 07-09-21, 07:00 PM
khuong
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by digitatc
I'm interested in that bold part right there. I was looking into the Axxess but then stop.
btw, you got a great helper there.
Here ya go, I can make a video if you want.

Generic PX5/PX6/PX7 Android (China head unit) I have a Kenwood DNX995S that has carplay/android auto, but no wireless car play which annoyed me - and the form factor made the door not close fully which also annoyed me.

Reverse camera / Front view camera are both connected, and work as expected, Front is always recording, and records on motion/bumps while Parked - for about 2 hours after I park it.

Car Play is done through a 40$ dongle, with wireless and hard wire connection (depending on what you want)

Using AXXESS TOTY-01 and ASWC-1 -- Steering wheel did work before, but not right now and I'm to lazy to reprogram it.. as I may swap it back in with Naviks or Beat Sonics (I have both but never liked them)

Default Home Launcher

In Reverse -- I haven't adjusted the ruler yet. Kenwood CMOS-320 - overkill but was used for my kenwood.

Front View Camera (Mounted on glass it's a Kenwood N520 -- Works great with the Kenwood but I kept it anyways

Wireless Car Play -- used phone to take the picture Amazing collection of music as you can tell.
The following 2 users liked this post by khuong:
Bgw70 (07-10-21), digitatc (07-09-21)