SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Update DVD Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-21, 01:02 PM
ADSPRU
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cjinthesky
Do we know what year Gen 2/3 U07 was released? I haven't confirmed that it was the original OEM from 2002-04, but from a thread elsewhere it appears so.

And has anyone tried the Gen 4 U30 in a Gen 2/3 system? (model years 2002-2004).

I'll point out the DVD is color-coded with blue dots on it for Gen 2/3 ... Red/orange for Gen 4 (model years 2005-2009)

thanks
I’ll try tonight. If it doesn’t work it’ll be free to whoever wants it...
Old 10-21-21, 05:16 PM
ADSPRU
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ADSPRU
I’ll try tonight. If it doesn’t work it’ll be free to whoever wants it...
It doesn’t work on Previous gens... Who wants a free Gen4 Navi disc?

The following users liked this post:
cjinthesky (10-21-21)
Old 10-21-21, 07:04 PM
DanHo
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pirate software?

They look legit to me. Lexux stopped updating these years ago. TomTom is the actual developer.
Old 10-21-21, 07:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Not legit, those sold on ebay (not from a Lexus dealer) are illegal pirated copies. They're made to look like the real deal, if the seller is selling them in bulk it's pirated. If it's clearly an individual selling one they've got and aren't using any longer you have a better chance at getting a real one.

You've got a pretty good chance of getting a bad copy and buggering your nav up, have seen dozens of threads with folks trying to fix those issues over the years.
Old 10-21-21, 09:06 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by DanHo
They look legit to me. Lexux stopped updating these years ago. TomTom is the actual developer.
If you paid $7.99, it is not legit. The original disk cost $100.

Old 10-26-21, 05:22 PM
maxrpm
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well add me to the 'buggered up' group. I tried the U-08 North America DVD from the Ebay outfit and now can't get my OEM/SC2002 DVD past the 'Read disc Error'!
Do you know if anyone ever solved how to return to OEM DVD use after this happened? Instructions said to unplug/replug Nav fuse .... no go.
I don't use the Nav because it's so outdated ... but functioned. I may rethink a repurpose modification for the screen.
Old 11-03-21, 09:23 AM
maxrpm
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone found a plug & play mod that can mirror Android/cell from phone to Nav screen. I'm guessing if it exits that replacement of radio/head unit is necessary. I'd like to keep the functionality of a hidden Nav screen but with more current/useful information ... ie; Google maps, phone call, text, music info. There are several highly talented engineers that have fabricated these type improvements and shared on this forum over the years but I'm a DIY at a much lower skill level (plug & play).
Any thoughts on the subject are appreciated.
Old 11-03-21, 09:58 AM
Tman47
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Nice color and Rims. Whereabouts in GA? I am in Marietta. Your SC year is 2006+?
We are in Clarkesville. It's a 2007 model with 63k on it. The wheels are Enkei brand shod with Vredestein tires. HAD to get rid of those terrible Pirelli run flats. Ride is so much better. BTW...my wheel and tire combo is 9lbs per wheel lighter than what I took off. That seemed to make quite a difference in ride and acceleration itself. If you are ever in C'ville, look us up.
Old 11-03-21, 06:08 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 557 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by maxrpm
Has anyone found a plug & play mod that can mirror Android/cell from phone to Nav screen. I'm guessing if it exits that replacement of radio/head unit is necessary. I'd like to keep the functionality of a hidden Nav screen but with more current/useful information ... ie; Google maps, phone call, text, music info. There are several highly talented engineers that have fabricated these type improvements and shared on this forum over the years but I'm a DIY at a much lower skill level (plug & play).
Any thoughts on the subject are appreciated.
Many of our club members has done it. You just have to search for it.