SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

2002 SC430 Carplay and rear camera

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-21, 11:18 AM
kjain
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2002 SC430 Carplay and rear camera

Hi guys! I am new to the club lexus community and the whole car modification thing, I was wondering if there was a way to add carplay to my 2002 lexus sc430? Preferably, I would like to keep the radio unit and AC unit as they are, and just change the navigation unit if possible. My main priority is to keep the doors that close over both the radio unit and the navigation unit as they are, so I am willing to change the radio unit rather than the navigation unit if that is the only possible option to keep those doors. I have looked at a few options such as Naviks, navtool, pioneer, etc, but I wasn't sure if I can still open and close the door of the navigation unit if I install them and whether or not they use the stock navigation screen or not. If there is such a unit that allows me to install carplay into the sc430 while keeping those doors of the navigation and radio units as well as allowing for a rear backup camera to be installed, please let me know! Thanks!

Last edited by kjain; 12-02-21 at 12:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
groves1970 (12-13-21)
Old 12-02-21, 01:36 PM
oneround
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

There are several threads that provide the info you are seeking.

Regarding replacing the NAV display with something that handles carplay -- Carlaoer Android Car Install - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Regarding replacing the radio but keeping all doors functional -- Audio System Makeover - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Regarding keeping everything stock and just swapping a radio I think the only solution is a product from Beatsonic. Theads here and UT videos as well.
Old 12-04-21, 09:15 AM
siddu
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kjain
Hi guys! I am new to the club lexus community and the whole car modification thing, I was wondering if there was a way to add carplay to my 2002 lexus sc430? Preferably, I would like to keep the radio unit and AC unit as they are, and just change the navigation unit if possible. My main priority is to keep the doors that close over both the radio unit and the navigation unit as they are, so I am willing to change the radio unit rather than the navigation unit if that is the only possible option to keep those doors. I have looked at a few options such as Naviks, navtool, pioneer, etc, but I wasn't sure if I can still open and close the door of the navigation unit if I install them and whether or not they use the stock navigation screen or not. If there is such a unit that allows me to install carplay into the sc430 while keeping those doors of the navigation and radio units as well as allowing for a rear backup camera to be installed, please let me know! Thanks!
hello my brudda

i am not affiliated with naviks , but i talk about it a lot because it’s the only fun thing I’ve ever done to my car.

i have a 2004 sc430.. and i installed naviks carplay and a backup camera

yes, both doors close, and yes, it has the stock radio, aaand yes, stock navi system and screen. u can toggle between them at your own free will.

u can see my setup at @sc430_uncringe (on instagram)

u can also message me there if it’s easier
Old 12-08-21, 06:27 AM
JohnSenior
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great on Insta! Did you do it yourself or leave to professionals? I also live in TX - hoping you had it done in Dallas area
Old 12-08-21, 08:31 AM
siddu
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnSenior
Looks great on Insta! Did you do it yourself or leave to professionals? I also live in TX - hoping you had it done in Dallas area
i did it myself!!! it’s darn easy. I’ll help you as much as I can with it.

i picked it because you absolutely don’t have to splice into a single wire 😄

and I live in austin.
Old 02-22-24, 10:25 PM
dfhzcnc
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by siddu
i did it myself!!! it’s darn easy. I’ll help you as much as I can with it.

i picked it because you absolutely don’t have to splice into a single wire 😄

and I live in austin.
I know I am late to the party but do you happen to still use it? If you do how it holding up after these years of usage.
Old 02-23-24, 08:30 AM
Mike205
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a better option at SC430Mods.com.

https://www.sc430mods.com/product-pa...sion-gen-iii-1

Additionally, check out its Facebook page, which has the same name as above.

I bought the kit and the Bluetooth kit and will install it when the weather warms up.
Old 02-23-24, 09:28 AM
dfhzcnc
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike205
There is a better option at SC430Mods.com.

https://www.sc430mods.com/product-pa...sion-gen-iii-1

Additionally, check out its Facebook page, which has the same name as above.

I bought the kit and the Bluetooth kit and will install it when the weather warms up.
I went through the installation video and it is fairly complicated to put the new module and screen into that assembly.
Most importantly, it is out of stock.

But I thank you for pointing me to this direction, it is a decent option to consider.
Old 02-23-24, 11:33 AM
Mike205
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, the complicated part is removing the old Nav screen from the housing. I like a challenge. As long as one remains calm and patient, the installation will be successful. I don’t know when Calvin will have more units available. Good luck with your search.
Old 02-24-24, 08:57 AM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

Yes, I would recommend the sc430mods one but I just don't want to spend the effort to remove my screen