SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

ECU remap better value for the $$?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-22, 07:06 PM
user 720820
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ECU remap better value for the $$?!

Hello fellow SC enthusiasts! I’d like to take a moment of your time to give you my opinion of the ECU re-map done by Brandon at Quantum Auto Tuning. We all realize that our cars are capable of much more than their permitted to do by design including the ECU map. Brandon calls it “un-locking” the 4.3L
V-8.
With regards what you can spend for other options such as an exhaust update or headers or turbocharging, any 2 of which together would make a substantial difference in horsepower, individually there are smaller
Increases, and this is big bucks! However the connecting rods in our vehicles aren’t designed for those high revs that’s why they’re limited to 6500 I believe is the number.
Ok my thought about value relative to the expensive options above, the remap of offered by Quantum Auto Tuning is the best value to awaken that 4.3L ! It changes shifting, stretching and smoothing each a bit, also changes associated timing, and fuel injection, and other parameters. I also noted a deeper exhaust sound (I made even better with a resonator delete). Throttle response is also improved with elimination of the lag.
The following 2 users liked this post by user 720820:
bmanone (02-17-23), QuantumInc (07-23-22)
Old 07-23-22, 11:13 AM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

What is involved with this remap? Send out your ECU? From what I know which is very limited, our ECU just relearns or resets itself depending on your driving habits, or pulling the battery. So is this something temporary or permanent? I remember back in the day srt made this piggy back for their intake but I never got my hands on one of those piggybacks.

But yea any proven Dyno charts? As I know the sc is more geared to be a gt car. I literally have a set of PPE headers that I never installed from my old GS and intakes. I just know that our cars are much less receptive to tunes than let's say euro cars.
​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
QuantumInc (07-23-22)
Old 07-23-22, 11:37 AM
user 720820
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Clublexus member question

You know I can’t answer some of your questions here, I’m just a user. However I forwarded your questions to Brandon from quantum auto tune and I’m sure he’ll get back to you shortly. By the way I’ve had the tune in my ECU now for five weeks, a friend has had his for a year and a half.
thanks for asking-
QuantumInc (07-23-22)
Old 07-23-22, 11:51 AM
QuantumInc
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AVSRacing
What is involved with this remap? Send out your ECU? From what I know which is very limited, our ECU just relearns or resets itself depending on your driving habits, or pulling the battery. So is this something temporary or permanent? I remember back in the day srt made this piggy back for their intake but I never got my hands on one of those piggybacks.

But yea any proven Dyno charts? As I know the sc is more geared to be a gt car. I literally have a set of PPE headers that I never installed from my old GS and intakes. I just know that our cars are much less receptive to tunes than let's say euro cars.
​​​​​​
This is not a device, no hardware is added or removed. We change the software on the ecu itself, so the changes are the new baseline that the ecu trims to.
SRT intake is pure trash imo. Be glad you didn't waste money on one

Below is the dyno sheet from my Very Stock sc430.

Also, here is my Q&A Page
https://www.toyotav8.com/forum/lexus...430-tuning-q-a
Attached Thumbnails ECU remap better value for the $$?!-img_9147.jpg  

Last edited by QuantumInc; 07-23-22 at 11:54 AM. Reason: added link to Q&A
user 720820 (09-17-22)
Old 02-17-23, 07:07 AM
bmanone
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts

Rabana,
After the ECU re-map how do the power, normal, and snow modes work? Does the re-map affect the mode function?
Thanks,
Barry
Old 02-17-23, 06:16 PM
Cavedog
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I have had the retune for about a year. I have not seen any reduction in performance over time. It definitely maintains its tune. You have your choice of switch position to engage the remap tune. Most pick power mode. Normal and snow are unaffected in my SC. Power comes on much quicker and 1-2 shift is much more positive and stays in each gear longer. I normally ride in normal but when I'm feeling frisky I hit power mode and enjoy a totally different SC. I'm glad I didn't get one of those pedal gizmos.