SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Tpms light

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-22, 10:17 AM
mcgruder
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms light

TPMS light is on. Pressure is ok. 2002 SC430. Ran code/scanner on vehicle and got a readout of: TPMS C2119 (#4 ID NOT RECEIVED) Does anyone have any idea of what I am to interpret from this information. I "ASSUME" this means that I have a bad sensor but what tire would be #4? And the "C2119" means nothing to me. Thanks for any info
Old 08-04-22, 10:50 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 904 Likes on 725 Posts

You need TechStream…it will tell you everything and allow you to program the new sensor.

here is a thread on the subject
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...02-2006-a.html

Last edited by Bgw70; 08-04-22 at 10:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Harold57 (08-04-22)
Old 08-04-22, 11:14 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Agreed, a Techstream will help you determine which wheel it is (with a little effort) and also indicate which of the TPS devices have a low battery. Most likely, your sensor's battery is drained and you need to replace that TPS. However, do check all the TPS batteries as they all may be approaching EOL.
The following 2 users liked this post by Harold57:
Bgw70 (08-04-22), DJWLDW (03-23-23)
Old 08-04-22, 03:23 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 563 Likes on 429 Posts

You don’t need TechStream, just change all four. Remember, yours are color coded. Do not buy the generic.
I am surprise yours last that long or they have been change previously.
Old 08-04-22, 04:05 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 904 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by GmanSC
You don’t need TechStream, just change all four. Remember, yours are color coded. Do not buy the generic.
I am surprise yours last that long or they have been change previously.
Gman, he will need something to program them…I have heard there is another system that can do the programming but don’t recall the name
Old 08-05-22, 05:51 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 190 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Gman, he will need something to program them…I have heard there is another system that can do the programming but don’t recall the name
I have been told that the Autel system will do it. I have never tried it however.
Bgw70 (08-06-22)
Old 08-05-22, 01:54 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Oops! I forgot about the programming. In that case, I’d disconnect the TPMS and monitor the tires pressure manually.
Bgw70 (08-06-22)
Old 08-07-22, 09:59 AM
heymomx2
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

autel scan tool can reprogram sc 430 i have 2002 replaced all 4 in one shot and reprogramed
Old 08-07-22, 10:18 AM
Raven01750
Racer

Received 338 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by heymomx2
autel scan tool can reprogram sc 430 i have 2002 replaced all 4 in one shot and reprogramed
I had heard conflicting accounts on the Autel. One was it could. (Probably a post you previously posted) and another response saying it can't.
So, can you give us more info on your particular Autel mdl that you used? I don't know that every Autel scanner can do the TPMS programming on the 02-05 mdl years. Thanks.

Paul
Bgw70 (08-07-22)
Old 08-08-22, 03:55 PM
mcgruder
7th Gear

Thanks to everyone for your input on my tpms problem. I know nothing about TechStream software or the cables that I would need to attach my laptop to the Lexus. Is the software available online, is it expensive or is it free. If someone could steer me in the right direction on what I would need to buy to access the vehicle. I have a laptop and that is about it. Sounds to me that the TechStream software it the answer for me. Thanks again for all of your help, I'm old but I am computer literate and should be able to figure it out.
Old 08-08-22, 06:35 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mcgruder
Thanks to everyone for your input on my tpms problem. I know nothing about TechStream software or the cables that I would need to attach my laptop to the Lexus. Is the software available online, is it expensive or is it free. If someone could steer me in the right direction on what I would need to buy to access the vehicle. I have a laptop and that is about it. Sounds to me that the TechStream software it the answer for me. Thanks again for all of your help, I'm old but I am computer literate and should be able to figure it out.
This might help.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...solutions.html

Keep in mind, these discussions are few years old. I have heard bad things about TechStream software now-a-day. In the past, buying and installation of the TechStream was an easy task. May be you should go with older version 12 and old XP laptop. There is the link in the above thread to download Ver 12 (if it’s still good).
Old 03-22-23, 07:00 PM
AlexeyS
1st Gear

Originally Posted by heymomx2
Having an issue registering 4 new autel tpms sensors installed on my 06' sc430. Already tried different scanning tools(incl. autel) and still no luck even cloning the original sensor signal to autel sensors. I suspect original sensors send to a tpms ECU an extended set of data(ID, pressure, temperature, color, frequency) and autel sensor doesn't know anything about colored positions. Could you please share more details how you managed to program and register autel sensors? Did you use some specific autel tool?
Old 03-23-23, 06:02 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 190 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexeyS
Having an issue registering 4 new autel tpms sensors installed on my 06' sc430. Already tried different scanning tools(incl. autel) and still no luck even cloning the original sensor signal to autel sensors. I suspect original sensors send to a tpms ECU an extended set of data(ID, pressure, temperature, color, frequency) and autel sensor doesn't know anything about colored positions. Could you please share more details how you managed to program and register autel sensors? Did you use some specific autel tool?
He said he used the autel scan tool not the sensors. The sensors are not compatible with the 06. You must use either Denso or the Toyota. Same sensor, just different package.
Old 03-25-23, 06:30 PM
Cavedog
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

You need to ask yourself, just badly do you want the tpms to work. How much are you willing to spend? Four sensors will run about $200. 20+ year old sensors, all must be ready to die. Used pc and techstream, maybe $100. If you get the tpms to working, you will not know which tire is low. When it is up and working it still sux. If all you want is the light to be out, the disable procedure is in the stickies. If you want to know what the air pressure is in each tire, go to eBay and get a sensor kit for 25 to 40 dollars. That's less than the price of one sensor. Good luck!
Old 03-25-23, 07:18 PM
Cinc04
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

TPM systems can improve vehicle safety, maximize fuel economy and reduce tire wear/damage. It's too bad that Lexus chose to use a TPM system in the SC430 that requires costly sensors and proprietary diagnostic equipment for sensor registration. This saddles their customers with significant costs and inconvenience. Maintaining a safety system should be as easy and economical as possible. Otherwise, users will often find a workaround. Everyone can use a tire gauge, but if you lose pressure on a drive, you may not know you have a problem until you ruin a tire. If I sell the car or pass it along to a loved one, I'd prefer to have a fully functioning system.

If I buy a set of sensors, have my tire shop install them, and get them registered, I won't have to worry about them for another 10 to 20 years.

I've got an old laptop that I'm going to install the TechStream software. I can use it for other things than just the TPMS.

My search indicates that sensors OEM sensors are about $85 each. I did see Rock Auto had sensors that might work.
For 2006-2006 models, these are Standard Motor Products (TPM 62, 61, 64, and 63). They are about $56 each. Each is color-coded. For 2007-2010, they are TPM82A. These later-year sensors may also be cloneable. Does anyone have experience with these products?

I have been reading various posts about using an Autel diagnostic tool, in lieu of a Techstream, to register tire pressure sensors to a Lexus SC430. I took a look at some of the application charts for various Autel tools and none seemed to be able to do the job, for my 2004 model year car. It appears that there were tools that could do the job for 2007 to 2010 model-year vehicles.

I thought I'd contact Autel directly to ask. A few weeks ago, I emailed them a list of questions and their response was to say, "call us". I called their customer service line and after a wait, I was able to speak to a representative. To make a long story short, he indicated that none of their diagnostic tools would register a sensor to my 2004 model year car. He did indicate that they had tools to do that for 2007 through 2010 model-year vehicles. I asked him what model number would work and he said a TS508. There may be others, but I didn't ask.

I am just stating what he told me. Make your own determination.

Below is a link for Autel coverage for their TMP products. You input the appropriate information and the TS508 unit appears to be able to do the relearning for cars from 08/2006 to 12/2010 (I am assuming models after August 2006 have the newer system). My understanding is that relearning is their term for registering. The "O" in the Relearn column means it is OBD Relearn.

https://www.maxitpms.com/getCoverage.jspx

Quick Reply: Tpms light