SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

06+ shifter up/down switch

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-22, 11:47 AM
dan25man
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts
Lightbulb 06+ shifter up/down switch

Afternoon, I recently disassembled my shifter from a 2006 SC430 to clean and change the position of the +/- shift in sport mode. Turns out it's only 2 relay switches controlling the shifting motion. You could save yourself some time and splice the wires, but with a little time I think it's easier to swap the position of the relays. In my opinion every +/- bump-style shifter should be forward=downshift, and backward=upshift. Rally style like. There is a tricky slide pin at the forward end of the frame you have to remove a pressed on washer thing. I didn't have the right tools, but just got a small flathead screwdriver and pried it off. Then pressed it back on with a pair of pliers when done. It looks like there are tabs on the bottom you can remove, but they don't work like that. They won't allow the plate to rotate up, You have to remove the slide pin. While I was in there I cleaned and re-applied silicone grease to everything. As you do.

This is the white sub-assy shown below. The middle relay to tell the car "sport mode" then the "up" and "down" relays for user controlled shifts.

Stock wiring view.

cover plate removed.

Final product. See the wires are pointing the "wrong" way. They have plenty of space. I just jammed them in there and they took it A-ok. Red is now on the right side of the photo.

The following users liked this post:
Bgw70 (11-14-22)