Vehicle Health Report on Lexus Drivers website

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-17, 11:45 AM
Flanker271
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Vehicle Health Report on Lexus Drivers website

Hello all.

In September I purchased a new 2017 GS 350 non F-sport with premium & cold weather package. I must say I've really enjoyed this vehicle. Yesterday (exactly one month after purchase) I received a notification in my e-mail saying there is an update to the vehicle health report from the Lexus Drivers website. After logging in, the website displayed a nice line graph that showed the exact mileage my car has accumulated since the purchase. Must say I'm impressed and at the same time, curiosity also kicked in.

Now the question: does my vehicle constantly communicate with Lexus? Is this subscription based? Lastly, what other data are being transmitted besides the mileage?

Last edited by Flanker271; 10-18-17 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-18-17, 02:11 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

The feature you are describing is called Enform Service Connect. "Service Connect delivers information regarding the health of your vehicle in the form of a Vehicle Health Reports and Alert notifications on maintenance and trouble conditions to you and your dealer using the telematics hardware embedded in your vehicle, which collects and transmits your vehicle's health and status information. The data transmission includes odometer and/or oil life, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) and related data from the vehicle's on-board diagnostic (OBD) system. Other associated data includes, but is not limited to, vehicle speed, engine coolant temperature, fuel injection volume and engine rotation per minute (RPM)."

For 2017MY, Enform Service Connect is only complimentary for one year, just like Enform Safety Connect, Destination Assist, and Enform Remote.
The following users liked this post:
Flanker271 (10-18-17)
Old 10-18-17, 05:26 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,515 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
The feature you are describing is called Enform Service Connect. "Service Connect delivers information regarding the health of your vehicle in the form of a Vehicle Health Reports and Alert notifications on maintenance and trouble conditions to you and your dealer using the telematics hardware embedded in your vehicle, which collects and transmits your vehicle's health and status information. The data transmission includes odometer and/or oil life, Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) and related data from the vehicle's on-board diagnostic (OBD) system. Other associated data includes, but is not limited to, vehicle speed, engine coolant temperature, fuel injection volume and engine rotation per minute (RPM)."

For 2017MY, Enform Service Connect is only complimentary for one year, just like Enform Safety Connect, Destination Assist, and Enform Remote.
You failed to mention to Flanker that Lexus knows how often you toot (a.k.a. break wind) while in the vehicle. When the concentration of flatulence exceeds 220 ppm (parts-per-million, 10 -6th power) the vehicle's HVAC servo will move from cabin recirculation mode to fresh outside circulation mode to expel the flatulence post-haste, with extraordinary ventilation fan speed and timely immediacy. So I'm told...

Last edited by bclexus; 10-19-17 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-19-17, 07:45 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
You failed to mention to Flanker that Lexus knows how often you toot (a.k.a. break wind) while in the vehicle. When the concentration of flatulence exceeds 220 ppm (parts-per-million, 10 -6th power) the vehicle's HVAC servo will move from cabin recirculation mode to fresh outside circulation mode to expel the flatulence post-haste, with extraordinary ventilation fan speed and timely immediacy. So I'm told...
I thought the ventilated seats were designed to rapidly switch from blow to suck & pump the pungent fumes to the rear passenger area for their enjoyment.

In all seriousness, many modern cars do capture quite a bit of information. I am curious how much, if any, has been used against customers in warranty disputes.