Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-17, 12:52 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
I agree 110% just got curious coz I know there are people crazy enough to be honest I am waiting eagerly for mods and more power and if it doesn't happen I might end up going for an RCF by next April
We will find out very soon. I ordered the bms powerbox with the data cable. We're planning on stacking it with the reflash. It will 100% work also adjustable and completely safe if done right. Looks like this forum has had to many questions or too long. I think it's time we find out what our platform can actually do. It would be nice seeing 300whp which I wouldn't consider unrealistic.

we will have to be safe but who's to judge what our platform can or can't do until we actually try
Old 11-14-17, 07:16 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
We will find out very soon. I ordered the bms powerbox with the data cable. We're planning on stacking it with the reflash. It will 100% work also adjustable and completely safe if done right. Looks like this forum has had to many questions or too long. I think it's time we find out what our platform can actually do. It would be nice seeing 300whp which I wouldn't consider unrealistic.

we will have to be safe but who's to judge what our platform can or can't do until we actually try
Okay cool! Is OV advising to supplement their tune with the piggyback?
Old 11-14-17, 10:39 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Okay cool! Is OV advising to supplement their tune with the piggyback?
They're not advising but also don't think it's a bad idea. It's a way to fill in the gaps and consistently boost so to speak

BMS advised me that the 200t uses the same powerbox as the Q50/60 remapping only boost however it obviously has different sensors for connections but does use the same program etc.

If you read closely, it's right off of BMS website. Even they say you can use the powerbox in conjunction with a reflash. Crazy crazy

The following users liked this post:
Nuke (11-15-17)
Old 11-15-17, 12:53 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

They're not advising but also don't think it's a bad idea. It's a way to fill in the gaps and consistently boost so to speak

BMS advised me that the 200t uses the same powerbox as the Q50/60 remapping only boost however it obviously has different sensors for connections but does use the same program etc.

If you read closely, it's right off of BMS website. Even they say you can use the powerbox in conjunction with a reflash. Crazy crazy

Very interesting...thanks for sharing as this opens up many things for debate

Last edited by Nuke; 11-15-17 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-15-17, 04:13 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Yea, I’ve asked Tony about this before, but he doesn’t recommend it. Since you got the data cable try increasing it gradually and see how it reacts. Keep us posted!
Old 11-15-17, 04:48 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Well i dont know if our system its prepared for the used of e85 even in small amounts (i used 2 gallons e85 and 14 93 octane) for like a month .after the famous wastegate actuator solenoid went bad for the 2nd time in my car i got a misfire caused by a bad sparkplug my car its at the dealership getting looked at probably the coil too. I know a master tech from lexus and we did a little datalog run to see the issue with the toyota program. also you should know that the plug's lifespan its 40k miles.
Sheddy (11-15-17)
Old 11-15-17, 11:48 AM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by daniellina
Well i dont know if our system its prepared for the used of e85 even in small amounts (i used 2 gallons e85 and 14 93 octane) for like a month .after the famous wastegate actuator solenoid went bad for the 2nd time in my car i got a misfire caused by a bad sparkplug my car its at the dealership getting looked at probably the coil too. I know a master tech from lexus and we did a little datalog run to see the issue with the toyota program. also you should know that the plug's lifespan its 40k miles.
I personally wouldn't recommend full e85. I've experienced sputtering with it however I've found that e50 works fine.

So here's an update. I've stacked the BMS tune box ontop of the reflash using E50 and haven't experienced any CEL codes or issues. The car is running stronger than ever constantly boosting high. I would seriously recommend this to any tuner enthusiast alike.
Old 11-15-17, 12:51 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I personally wouldn't recommend full e85. I've experienced sputtering with it however I've found that e50 works fine.

So here's an update. I've stacked the BMS tune box ontop of the reflash using E50 and haven't experienced any CEL codes or issues. The car is running stronger than ever constantly boosting high. I would seriously recommend this to any tuner enthusiast alike.
I was only running 2 to 3 gallos of e85 every full tank.
Old 11-15-17, 12:57 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by daniellina
I was only running 2 to 3 gallos of e85 every full tank.

i got that. However I'm running e50 with no issues on another note you shouldn't run any mixture of e85 without proper tuning. If you don't have the correct ignition then yeah your plugs will eventually go bye bye.

I warned you of using e85 in the past. The only reason I'm using ethanol is because tony provided me with more ignition timing than everyone else. No hard feelings to the majority but more or less a test. That's why I initially brought up personally using ethanol but you guys wanted to jump on the band wagon without the proper tuning measures. Unfortunately it looks like you had to pay the price.
I've further invested pursuing using e85 with my other tuner and have come to the conslusion that e50 given a proper tune works well

Last edited by IS200TFOWL; 11-15-17 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-15-17, 06:45 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Hmmm guess I’m a bangwagoner too! I ran E20 once and I didn’t have any issues, but I’ll stick to pump fuel since we have 93 oct available. I think 40k on the spark plugs seem to be average, I plan on changing mine soon before I load Stage 2 +.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sheddy:
daniellina (11-17-17), IS200TFOWL (11-15-17)
Old 11-15-17, 08:23 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Hmmm guess I’m a bangwagoner too! I ran E20 once and I didn’t have any issues, but I’ll stick to pump fuel since we have 93 oct available. I think 40k on the spark plugs seem to be average, I plan on changing mine soon before I load Stage 2 +.
e20 should be okay to use. I'm pretty sure it says on our gas cap "up to e20 or e15" anything more than e20 without a proper tune will more than likely mess things up
Old 11-15-17, 09:15 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

e20 should be okay to use. I'm pretty sure it says on our gas cap "up to e20 or e15" anything more than e20 without a proper tune will more than likely mess things up
Thats for sure. I don’t know if it was a mind trick, but it felt a bit faster with the E20 even though the blender pumps mixes 87 oct with E85, so that’s around 91-92 oct. It was sure as hell cheaper being $2.5X oppose to $3.10 for premium. Keep us posted with the piggyback system!
Old 11-16-17, 02:48 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

is our fueling system adequate enough for e85 without larger injectors or fuel pump? Any possibility of running a flex fuel setup with our ECU? I know other cars can be modded to run flex, but i am not sure if they are running standalone ecu or if the stock ecu can take the input from a flex fuel sensor and make adjustments. It seems we are getting close to e85 tunes and the stage 2+ at the end of the month. What boost levels are you getting with the BMS on top of the ecu flash. instead of e85 mixtures you could use a progressive Meth injection to run higher boost levels, maybe get into the 24psi+ realm. I ran meth injection on my boosted g35 and it worked wonders. one of the problems i think tony was talking about with higher boost pressure was cooling, the methanol injection would drop IAT a bunch.

Last edited by zcon; 11-16-17 at 02:59 AM.
daniellina (11-17-17)
Old 11-16-17, 05:43 AM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Why dangerous?
Try to check TECHSTREAM information is not difficult to find the load calculation is very important ,In other words, the signal after PIGGYBACK will change the load parameters,For example the boost pressure value is different between your dashboard and intake manifold boost value.

Last edited by TTITony; 11-16-17 at 05:53 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TTITony:
daniellina (11-17-17), Sheddy (11-16-17)
Old 11-16-17, 06:14 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zcon
is our fueling system adequate enough for e85 without larger injectors or fuel pump? Any possibility of running a flex fuel setup with our ECU? I know other cars can be modded to run flex, but i am not sure if they are running standalone ecu or if the stock ecu can take the input from a flex fuel sensor and make adjustments. It seems we are getting close to e85 tunes and the stage 2+ at the end of the month. What boost levels are you getting with the BMS on top of the ecu flash. instead of e85 mixtures you could use a progressive Meth injection to run higher boost levels, maybe get into the 24psi+ realm. I ran meth injection on my boosted g35 and it worked wonders. one of the problems i think tony was talking about with higher boost pressure was cooling, the methanol injection would drop IAT a bunch.
The aftermarket charge pipe has a bung that can be used for methanol injection.
daniellina (11-17-17)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune