5 Ways to Make the Lexus LC Even Better

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-17, 12:07 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default 5 Ways to Make the Lexus LC Even Better

5 Ways to Make the Lexus LC Even Better

The LC is already an amazing car. But if Lexus addresses our five minor complaints, it can be even better.

By Brett Foote - November 10, 2017

Old 11-10-17, 01:54 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

(1) Disagree. This is less of an issue than with most sports-type cars. I haven't scraped mine on any inclines yet and I've been in and out of many parking lots with steep entries. I've scraped other cars on the same locations. I think this is a non-issue on the LC since the front wheels are so far forward. If one were to add a front spoiler then this might be an issue.
(2) Disagree. The sensitivity of the touch-pad is adjustable, and the climate system is awesome - as long as one uses the Climate Concierge. IMO - there's no need for extra buttons. Everything is linked to the temperature buttons and works perfectly for me.
(3) Agree. Although the subwoofer is in the center, I think the back seats could have easily been designed to fold down.
(4) Agree. The one cupholder is too close to climate/radio buttons. The one inside the armrest is not supposed to be used for beverages (according to the manual). Perhaps a cupholder for the passenger instead of the "Oh Jesus!" handle???
(5) Neutral. The back seats are storage space as far as I'm concerned.

I love the car, but I have a few minor things to add... My personal wish list:
  • Rotors could be ventilated/drilled
  • Auto driver's seat retract (dealer-settable option would be OK)
  • Interior and trunk lighting with color and intensity control
  • I wish someone would make some nice carpeted floorliners for the LC. I prefer molded floorliners over flat mats. I've used Maxpider 3D carpeted floorliners on other cars and they're great.
  • Clock should have auto daylight-savings-time setting. Even my 2015 Toyota Sienna has this!
  • Sunglasses holder in the roof console area would be nice.
Old 11-11-17, 12:03 AM
Thorne
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My nitpicks on a car I otherwise love:

1. Lighter overall weight, different gearing. This thing should be a 4.0 second car w/ 471 hp and almost 400 lb/ft tq.

2. Front camera. Hood is so sloped it makes determination of "the front" a challenge for me. Using the sonar is "Ok", but my LC's Porsche and Mercedes stablemates have front cameras. Yes I know those were 1.5x to 2x the price of my LC. But my wife has an Infiniti that has a front camera, so it can't be "that" upmarket.

3. Would a sunroof (not a "moon roof") really have been super difficult to add?

4. I understand the trunk is shallow because the car amp and car battery are underneath it. 46/54 weight balance or whatever. However, the car is so heavy anyway and the weight ratio is so thrown off anyway when the car is at speed, and barely anyone will track these things until they get to the Used market... Put the battery in the front, enable more depth in the trunk. I won't notice if 2% additional weight is in the front.

5. Yeah the track pad thing is odd. I get what they were trying to do, but it's odd for me personally. Everyone else may love it, but I'm not Everyone else.

There's mine!
Old 11-15-17, 01:06 PM
TLC500
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More comfortable drivers seat. I have come to find my seat to be very uncomfortable at times. Enough so I think I may be trading mine in for the new LS500.
Old 11-15-17, 06:55 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by uchujin
(1) Disagree. This is less of an issue than with most sports-type cars. I haven't scraped mine on any inclines yet and I've been in and out of many parking lots with steep entries. I've scraped other cars on the same locations. I think this is a non-issue on the LC since the front wheels are so far forward. If one were to add a front spoiler then this might be an issue.
(2) Disagree. The sensitivity of the touch-pad is adjustable, and the climate system is awesome - as long as one uses the Climate Concierge. IMO - there's no need for extra buttons. Everything is linked to the temperature buttons and works perfectly for me.
(3) Agree. Although the subwoofer is in the center, I think the back seats could have easily been designed to fold down.
(4) Agree. The one cupholder is too close to climate/radio buttons. The one inside the armrest is not supposed to be used for beverages (according to the manual). Perhaps a cupholder for the passenger instead of the "Oh Jesus!" handle???
(5) Neutral. The back seats are storage space as far as I'm concerned.

I love the car, but I have a few minor things to add... My personal wish list:
  • Rotors could be ventilated/drilled
  • Auto driver's seat retract (dealer-settable option would be OK)
  • Interior and trunk lighting with color and intensity control
  • I wish someone would make some nice carpeted floorliners for the LC. I prefer molded floorliners over flat mats. I've used Maxpider 3D carpeted floorliners on other cars and they're great.
  • Clock should have auto daylight-savings-time setting. Even my 2015 Toyota Sienna has this!
  • Sunglasses holder in the roof console area would be nice.
Agree that cupholder space is important but the middle handle is sorta what makes this interior.
Old 11-15-17, 09:01 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Looked and sat in a LC yesterday waiting for the LX to be washed. It is very appealing! This one had the touring seats and was easier to get in and out of than the "performance package" I had sat in before. I agree with Thorne on the front camera.