Search this Thread

Old 11-17-17, 02:33 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Sick 1st Gen SC Build Threads of Forum Members

Sick 1st Gen SC Build Threads of Forum Members
By Antonio Mannino

Check out these custom builds from some of our forum members!
Old 11-17-17, 08:17 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

These and many other great builds here in the 1st gen SC forum inspire many to try to achieve what these members have done. With Patience, knowledge, time, and of course money, more of us will grace this forum with quality builds. I drove mine many miles as as a DD. Now I'm paying it back by taking the time to build it the way I want it, so it can grace this forum with pics of the finished product. Keep em coming guys!
Old 11-18-17, 03:24 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

Those are some of my favorite cars.
Old 11-19-17, 06:02 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

I spent so much money getting others to build a Lexus SC and a Supra MKIV until I reached a point that I told myself , nobody will ever take care of your own car better than yourself. Others will just be after what they can make from you. Take it from my very own experience. Even your own good friend will not care better than you do. Spent tons of money and no running SC or MKIV that I can just enjoy . Made that decision that if I can't work on my own cars then I am not playing with them so the endeavor started thus my build thread was started hoping someone can be helped. It is not rocket science . Decided to document what I did to my SCs learning every skill necessary from building to tuning . It is indeed a great feeling when you know that you worked on your car , most especially you save tons of money.

The only thing , building and owning performance cars is very addictive that is why I ended with so many SCs and MKIVs but am slowly winding down now and behaving more on the roads before I loose my drivers license for good or worst I get hurt or hurt somebody. I can't even sum up the number and the $$$ amount of tickets I have gotten in the past 5 years playing with these toys. It is always very tempting to speed up when you know you got something to support your ego on the streets.

It is not hard . Just have to talk to the right people who are willing to help and are not just after you money. Right now , there are local members that I do help but my condition is always simple .. "You work on your car . All I will do is guide and help you. If you are not working on it , I am not helping !" . That is what I always told and did to those who built their cars here and asked for my help.

Last edited by gerrb; 11-19-17 at 08:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Kira X (11-21-17)