Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2019 Lincoln MKC

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-17, 11:18 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default 2019 Lincoln MKC

Lincoln is taking the wraps off its 2019 MKC, which hits showrooms next summer, revealing a substantially refreshed, more stylish compact luxury crossover that adds new driver-assistance and connectivity technologies and a host of premium ownership perks and options. They include new Black Label personalized trim themes and the ability to pick an exclusive dinner from a curated list of chef-driven restaurants.

As we previously forecast, the MKC gets the new Continental-style grille, plus new LED headlamps and a neat touch in a Lincoln welcome mat illuminated on the ground from underneath both front doors to welcome driver and passenger. It also adds new driver-assist features including a pre-collision assist warning and braking system that can detect pedestrians, plus available options like lane-keeping alerts, parallel-parking assistance and a blind spot information system.

Owners can also opt for the Lincoln Black Label treatment, which includes premium trim upgrades but also a roster of membership perks: annual vehicle detailing, anytime carwashes and access to a curated list of restaurants where feted chefs will prepare a special dining experience. There are three Black Label themes, each inspired by the arts, travel, fine food and culture:
  • Modern Heritage, defined by a clean, modern aesthetic and Vianca White Venetian leather
  • Indulgence, which lives up to its billing with surfaces trimmed in Venetian leather and Alcantara and accents from Ziricote wood
  • And Center Stage, inspired by the world of theater, featuring a diamond-L perforation pattern on the Alcantara cloth inserts finished with precisely stitched Foxfire Red piping, exotic wood accents and Jet Black Venetian leather with Firefox Red accents.
In addition, the Reserve trim features a Rialto Green cabin with black ash wood accents, which Lincoln says reflects a current theme popular in high fashion. Other options include a panoramic roof and heated and cooled seats.

As part of what the Ford sub-brand calls the "effortless ownership experience," the MKC will come with standard pickup and delivery service to and from dealerships for service visits, plus the use of a loaner Lincoln while the car is being worked on. Lincoln says it's the only luxury brand that offers such a service standard.

"For Lincoln, every client is unique and and we want every element of the Lincoln shop, buy and own process to be a truly personalized and effortless experience," Lincoln President Kumar Galhotra said in a statement.

As before, connectivity is standard through Ford's SYNC 3, which is compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, with WiFi and USB ports throughout. The 2019 version also keeps the crossover's two turbocharged, direct-injection, twin independent variable camshaft-timed four-cylinder powertrain options: the standard 2.0-liter making 245 horsepower, and the 2.3-liter direct-injection, producing 285 hp and 305 pound-feet of torque. Either can be paired to Lincoln's intelligent all-wheel-drive system.
Source
Old 11-22-17, 11:32 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lincoln is doing quite magnificent job of replicating previous gen Jag design. Their exterior could be considered premium no doubt. But interior remains an Achilles heel as always. They just can't get past Ford's universal parts bin that dictates the layout as well as details. Shame.
Old 11-22-17, 12:27 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

This looks good. I wondered what the new grill would look like on their CUV's and SUV's, and it works on the MKC.
Old 11-22-17, 12:33 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Lincoln is doing quite magnificent job of replicating previous gen Jag design. Their exterior could be considered premium no doubt. But interior remains an Achilles heel as always. They just can't get past Ford's universal parts bin that dictates the layout as well as details. Shame.
I agree with your statements, though I think you'll see more differentiation with the second generation MKC if the new Navigator is any indication, in regards to the interior vs a Ford cousin.
Old 11-22-17, 12:45 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
I agree. The exterior looks great. But the interior design and whole center stacks looks bad. I am not really against the materials, just the way the design is. Continental and Navigator are getting much praise for their interiors, can't say I like this interior.

I don't those who are already locked into such brands such as Lexus, MB or BMW would even give this vehicle a look. I will say I can't stand the NX either.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 11-22-17 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-22-17, 12:47 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexBob2
This looks good. I wondered what the new grill would look like on their CUV's and SUV's, and it works on the MKC.
I have a feeling I know how this thread is going to unfold...
Old 11-22-17, 01:10 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Here are a couple other links:

http://autoweek.com/article/luxury/5...19-lincoln-mkc

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2019-lincoln-mkc/preview/
Old 11-22-17, 04:32 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Is anyone truly surprised that we see the new Jaguaresque grill on the updated MKC? We've known for some time now that this is going to be Lincoln's new look....Continental, MKZ, Navigator, etc... Having said that, though, it's certainly a nice look....and, IMO, a thousand times better than the Lexus spindle grilles. And, yes, IMO, it also looks a thousand times (well, may five hundred LOL) better than the original MKC several years ago. Lincoln, though, IMO, still needs to do two things with the MKC....first, get the build-solidness up. Too many things, particularly with the interior fit/finish and exterior trim, feel loosely-assembled....much the same as on the MKZ sedan. Second, bring back that absolutely gorgeous Tahitian purple paint offered the first year. Why the dealers didn't order any like that, despite the fact that it was the feature show-display color on the circuit and a definite factory option, beats me? (I never actually saw one on the road). That color would look smashing with the new grille.

Even with its admitted faults, such as the former winged-grille and sloppy-assembly, I really liked the MKC when it debuted, and seriously considered a purchase....it was, at the time, my favorite small SUV (No, Jill, not the Buick Encore LOL) , and is even more so now with the new grille. But, I decided to go with a sedan...I decided I didn't need an SUV's attributes.

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I have a feeling I know how this thread is going to unfold...
I said it above, in the post, and that's it....yes, I think it looks a lot better than the Lexus spindles. I won't repeat it a hundred times. If others want to carry on with that specific issue, that's up to them. I'm finished.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-24-17 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-24-17, 11:18 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

nice refresh... glad lincoln is serious about upping their game. really like that they'll pick up / drop off the car for service.

as for the interior, yes maybe it's going to be upgraded and there's no pictures yet... guess we'll see from the LA auto show.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 11-24-17 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-24-17, 12:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
as for the interior, yes maybe it's going to be upgraded and there's no pictures yet... guess we'll see from the LA auto show.
Though, yes, the interior could be a little more tightly-assembled, don't forget that, unlike the MKZ sedan, the MKC's interior didn't use those slide-sensor finger controls that the MKZ did, didn't suffer from the same level of customer-complaint, and doesn't need as much of an update in that sense. The MKC (properly, IMO) used the rotary-***** and buttons from the start. Lincoln had to invest a fair amount of time and money to redo the MKZ's console-controls in the mid-cycle-refresh last year....which is generally not needed for the MKC interior.
Old 11-24-17, 01:07 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Biggest interior upgrade is Sync 3 which fixes many complaints with Sync 2.
Steve
Old 11-24-17, 01:10 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Those wheels are way too big for the size of the body. Also don't care for the Lego-framed grille. Looks bad on Kias and looks bad on Lincolns. Otherwise, a pleasant looking SUV inside and out.
Old 11-24-17, 03:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Those wheels are way too big for the size of the body.
Totally agree....along with the rubber-band tires. Unfortunately, wagon-wheels and non-sidewalls have pretty much become the rage nowadays.