Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-17, 11:41 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
you could cut it and put a coupler around it. I don’t think its worth butchering tho
i agree it would be even more cost effective to just custom the pipe
Old 12-02-17, 03:50 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Unfortunately we can’t even modify the stock one since there are open gaps lol.

ah. this angle shows the internals differently than the other. the piece i thought was semi blocking flow really isn't...so never mind.
Old 12-02-17, 09:15 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gbgary
ah. this angle shows the internals differently than the other. the piece i thought was semi blocking flow really isn't...so never mind.
ya me too but apperantly they are using a small compartment that will generate a small typhoon and that will eliminate the sound plus restricts the flow
Old 12-03-17, 04:50 PM
daniellina
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuke
ya me too but apperantly they are using a small compartment that will generate a small typhoon and that will eliminate the sound plus restricts the flow
I can definitely say that that turbo muffler affects the way the turbo spools is not only for sounds even if we think that is not restricting that much airflow.
At the end of the day if I'm getting a charge pipe I might as well get that too right? so I maximize the turbo response even if it does not give me more significant power.I think is completely worth it.
Old 12-03-17, 05:39 PM
southpole
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 2 numbers

I just got an IS200t and I am debating the stage 2 kit. I come from a TTRS and M4. Now I know those are totally different cars but I would like to get some more pep out of this thing. Also it would be nice to change the shifting as the car seems like it struggles to find gears at time.What numbers are we looking at for 1/4 mile and 0-60? If it brings 0-60 to high 4’s I think that it’s worth it. Lmk. Thanks!
Old 12-03-17, 06:45 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daniellina
I can definitely say that that turbo muffler affects the way the turbo spools is not only for sounds even if we think that is not restricting that much airflow.
At the end of the day if I'm getting a charge pipe I might as well get that too right? so I maximize the turbo response even if it does not give me more significant power.I think is completely worth it.
Definitely worth the investment if you going to go full on stage 2+

Originally Posted by southpole
I just got an IS200t and I am debating the stage 2 kit. I come from a TTRS and M4. Now I know those are totally different cars but I would like to get some more pep out of this thing. Also it would be nice to change the shifting as the car seems like it struggles to find gears at time.What numbers are we looking at for 1/4 mile and 0-60? If it brings 0-60 to high 4’s I think that it’s worth it. Lmk. Thanks!
Okay if your abit of spirited driver (which is what am getting from your post) then stage 2 plus tcu tuning is the way to go for you definitely, power gains are really substantial in my opinion and the car is 100% more fun
Old 12-03-17, 07:36 PM
southpole
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely worth the investment if you going to go full on stage 2+

Okay if your abit of spirited driver (which is what am getting from your post) then stage 2 plus tcu tuning is the way to go for you definitely, power gains are really substantial in my opinion and the car is 100% more fun
What is needed for 2+? What numbers are we talking, does anyone know? I mean 0-60 and 1/4 info.
Old 12-03-17, 09:37 PM
GSiGuy
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, do you think that the TCU mod will affect the reliability and longevity of the auto transmission?

I get the impression that the more "languid" gearchanges on the tranny in stock, is partially to reduce any jerkiness and produce a smoother transition. I reckon that the TCU mod will make the shifts more aggressive and therefore you will feel a more "jerky" action with the box? I don't mind this at all but I do wonder if this puts more stress on the transmission compared to stock.
Old 12-03-17, 11:50 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

What is needed for 2+? What numbers are we talking, does anyone know? I mean 0-60 and 1/4 info.
Numbers of the Stage 1 & 2 are shared however Stage two is still yet to be shared, few guys have done a 0-60 and 1/4 themselves but you will need to look through the posts, or maybe we can have a shout out and ask them to repost this info

Dyno of Stage 1 and Stage 2 (by Sheddy this is not by TTI it is actually done by our buddy Sheddy the guys who started this thread )
Thanks goes to Sheddy

Originally Posted by GSiGuy
Guys, do you think that the TCU mod will affect the reliability and longevity of the auto transmission?

I get the impression that the more "languid" gearchanges on the tranny in stock, is partially to reduce any jerkiness and produce a smoother transition. I reckon that the TCU mod will make the shifts more aggressive and therefore you will feel a more "jerky" action with the box? I don't mind this at all but I do wonder if this puts more stress on the transmission compared to stock.
on the contrary, it will make shifting more aggressive (not jerky) but rather on the point and not smooth like a Prius, hence prolonging the life of the clutches and internal components

I strongly recommend it as I have been testing it for months now and it is much better than stock tune
The following 2 users liked this post by Nuke:
GSiGuy (12-04-17), Sheddy (12-04-17)
Old 12-04-17, 01:20 AM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 12-04-17, 05:36 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

I Ran 1/8th mile this past Friday and i got a 9.2 with a reasonable amount of wheel spin i'm 100% sure the car gets in to the 8's with more grip. I've measured high 5's 0-60 not bad compared to the 7.0 from the factory. but 0-60 is definitely not the car's strong point. the best is 3rd and 4th gear. now the difference between how the car feels stock and stage 2 is very noticeable. more power more throttle response is overall really really good. wouldn't go back to stock. i did for a couple days to take the car to the dealer and man i suffered every second.
Old 12-04-17, 06:21 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Sorry, i doubt we will see this car is the high 4 second range anytime soon, that is RCF territory. What you will get with the tune would be a more responsive and fun driving experience.

Numbers of the Stage 1 & 2 are shared however Stage two is still yet to be shared, few guys have done a 0-60 and 1/4 themselves but you will need to look through the posts, or maybe we can have a shout out and ask them to repost this info

Dyno of Stage 1 and Stage 2 (by Sheddy this is not by TTI it is actually done by our buddy Sheddy the guys who started this thread )
Thanks goes to Sheddy
Thanks Nuke Once Stage 2 + is released i'll have the car back on the dyno.

Originally Posted by daniellina
I Ran 1/8th mile this past Friday and i got a 9.2 with a reasonable amount of wheel spin i'm 100% sure the car gets in to the 8's with more grip. I've measured high 5's 0-60 not bad compared to the 7.0 from the factory. but 0-60 is definitely not the car's strong point. the best is 3rd and 4th gear. now the difference between how the car feels stock and stage 2 is very noticeable. more power more throttle response is overall really really good. wouldn't go back to stock. i did for a couple days to take the car to the dealer and man i suffered every second.
Good stuff, i'm sure you can get a better time with the stock wheels.
The following users liked this post:
daniellina (12-04-17)
Old 12-04-17, 06:38 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Sorry, i doubt we will see this car is the high 4 second range anytime soon, that is RCF territory. What you will get with the tune would be a more responsive and fun driving experience.

Thanks Nuke Once Stage 2 + is released i'll have the car back on the dyno.

Good stuff, i'm sure you can get a better time with the stock wheels.
Yeah going back to stock soon!
Old 12-04-17, 07:22 AM
Zahabriel
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

we can now see our 8ar-fts has quite the same power with the 350
and there’s a possibility that the Stage2+ will be making more power than the 350
and the next to reach is the power of the rc-F or as close as possible
Tony and TTi team will show us what does 8ar-fts really made of.....

Last edited by Zahabriel; 12-04-17 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-04-17, 07:44 AM
daniellina
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Zahabriel
we can now see our 8ar-fts has quite the same power with the 350
and there’s a possibility that the Stage2+ will be making more power than the 350
and the next to reach is the power of the rc-F or as close as possible
Tony and TTi team will show us what does 8ar-fts really made of.....
Right now we are at high 290's or really close to the stock is350 crank hp numbers but torque wise we have way more probably close or past the 350's . i can tell you from personal experience that on the highway we are faster than the 350 proven! i've raced 2 already both times i won but more so at high speeds.Now with stage 2+ i'm sure we going to get more than 306 crank hp like the is350 and torque hopefully on the 380's. that would be awesome!
The following users liked this post:
Zahabriel (12-04-17)

Quick Reply: IS200t tune