LC Model (2018-present)

LC F coming with V8 4.0 twin turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-18, 04:13 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,470 Likes on 1,775 Posts

From someone who actually was in the market 2 - 3 months ago, the M4/M3 is universally acknowledged to sound not very good. The engine in the RCF is universally has only earned lavish praises. The only criticisim has been the weight. The older E90/E92 M3 have been holding their value exceptionally well because of its unique N/A high-revving V8. As a matter of fact, I could have purchased a lightly used 2015 M3 for cheaper than the RCF I purchased because there are so many of those where I live. There is more negotiation room. My top two choices were 2013 M3 E90 sedan or 2016 Lexus RCF. Eventually, I decided on RCF. Sound/throttle response were a big part of my decision (including. exterior styling), which is where RCF became a no-brainer for me. If I truly wanted the best numbers, I would have purchased a 3 - 4 year old Nissan GTR for the same price.

Originally Posted by mk416
Well, not everyone looks at ISF the same way you and I do due to personal bias, so it's better to just leave it alone instead of trying to convince them otherwise. In comparison, I think RCF is a cop-out model that lacks innovation in relation to the E9X and F80/90 transition. BMW took a chance to give the I6 Turbo configuration (because N54 is a widely successful contender with extreme liability) a try with more updated schematics (lighter, better electronics, more power); whether they succeeded or not is a separate issue because they did at least try. Lexus' unwillingness to try new things until it's too late (V6 TT on the LS500 in 2018 when everyone else had pretty much been doing it for years) is what irks me the most.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-01-18 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-06-18, 11:34 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
From someone who actually was in the market 2 - 3 months ago, the M4/M3 is universally acknowledged to sound not very good. The engine in the RCF is universally has only earned lavish praises. The only criticisim has been the weight. The older E90/E92 M3 have been holding their value exceptionally well because of its unique N/A high-revving V8. As a matter of fact, I could have purchased a lightly used 2015 M3 for cheaper than the RCF I purchased because there are so many of those where I live. There is more negotiation room. My top two choices were 2013 M3 E90 sedan or 2016 Lexus RCF. Eventually, I decided on RCF. Sound/throttle response were a big part of my decision (including. exterior styling), which is where RCF became a no-brainer for me. If I truly wanted the best numbers, I would have purchased a 3 - 4 year old Nissan GTR for the same price.
The F80 ZCP (competition package) actually sounds pretty dang good. The non-ZCP M3/4 does sound like shyte. Having owned both a 2017 F80 ZCP and an RCF, I would probably take the RCF over the M3/M4 if having to make a choice between those two cars. The RCF is actually a great daily driver with plenty on tap for public streets.

As to the ISF, I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . ., but manoman . . . that thing is homely looking. Wouldn't drive it on public streets n matter how much horsepower it had or how well it handled.
Old 01-06-18, 09:17 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Lol. The RCF if one of the ugliest cars made since the Pontiac Aztec. You all sipping he kool-aide if you think Lexus bull**** crazy *** styling looks good.
They tried to mimic the aggressive styling of the European brands by making it WAY beyond reasonable. Lexus has embraced predator face...
Old 01-07-18, 02:32 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FFM
Lol. The RCF if one of the ugliest cars made since the Pontiac Aztec. You all sipping he kool-aide if you think Lexus bull**** crazy *** styling looks good.They tried to mimic the aggressive styling of the European brands by making it WAY beyond reasonable. Lexus has embraced predator face...
Since Pontiac Aztek? What? That is laughable unless my pictures below is said by even ONE neutral person to be as ugly as Aztec.

Clearly, it is you are drinking the hate koolaid. Everywhere I go, I get huge complements saying "gorgeous car, beautiful car". I never could believe it would be this crazy. Beauty is in the beholder's eye and a very subjective thing. I personally think RCF is one of the best Lexus designs, but can understand if someone hates it because edgy designs are love/hate. One of the many reasons I purchased my RCF was because of original, unique and aggressive styling. I wrote the cheque so I am not drinking any koolaid.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-07-18 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-07-18, 03:04 PM
8spd
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Since Pontiac Aztek? What? That is laughable unless my pictures below is said by even ONE neutral person to be as ugly as Aztec.

Clearly, it is you are drinking the hate koolaid. Everywhere I go, I get huge complements saying "gorgeous car, beautiful car". I never could believe it would be this crazy. Beauty is in the beholder's eye and a very subjective thing. I personally think RCF is one of the best Lexus designs, but can understand if someone hates it because edgy designs are love/hate. One of the many reasons I purchased my RCF was because of original, unique and aggressive styling. I wrote the cheque so I am not drinking any koolaid.

The Lexus design of late as been really polarizing with arguably some hits, but mostly misses. You own one, so of course there might be some confirmation bias there.

Also, people usually don't go out of their way to tell the owner that his/her car is ugly. So, while you might have indeed received some compliments from people, perhaps there are even more people that dislike the RC F design but chose to say nothing to you. Personally, I think the RC F design is hideous.

Back to the LC, they certainly added some fluidity to the design. But why does the car have to be so heavy. I don't see the LC F being a strong performer due to weight.
Old 01-07-18, 03:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 8spd
The Lexus design of late as been really polarizing with arguably some hits, but mostly misses. You own one, so of course there might be some confirmation bias there.

Also, people usually don't go out of their way to tell the owner that his/her car is ugly. So, while you might have indeed received some compliments from people, perhaps there are even more people that dislike the RC F design but chose to say nothing to you. Personally, I think the RC F design is hideous.

No, that is completely not related to what I am talking about. I am talking about people who make the effort of coming up to tell me while I am entering a store or while leaving my car. Again, it is the frequency at which it happens, which is far more than typical for a car like this. Even as a polarizing design, if most people hated the design, it would not happen so frequently.

In one case, I went to the parking garage at 5:15 AM in the morning before leaving for work and I saw two guys standing there and praising my car while talking about the bulges and carbon fiber. I stood behind them for a few seconds and then told them it was my car just to put them on notice. They both jumped around awkwardly and introduced themselves.

I am certainly mot going to bash another type of car, but personally I would much rather be in a polarizing original design car where either people love it or hate than a car that is expensive sports car that can easily be confused with a very common mass produced model. For example, when I showed my wife's untrained eyes the E90 M3, she thought it looked like a 335 and I had to show her every single difference.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-07-18 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-07-18, 04:21 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

No, that is completely not related to what I am talking about. I am talking about people who make the effort of coming up to tell me while I am entering a store or while leaving my car. Again, it is the frequency at which it happens, which is far more than typical for a car like this. Even as a polarizing design, if most people hated the design, it would not happen so frequently.

In one case, I went to the parking garage at 5:15 AM in the morning before leaving for work and I saw two guys standing there and praising my car while talking about the bulges and carbon fiber. I stood behind them for a few seconds and then told them it was my car just to put them on notice. They both jumped around and introduced themselves.

I would much rather be in a polarizing original design car where either people love it or hate than a car that is expensive sports car that can easily be confused with a very common mass produced model. When I showed my wife's untrained eyes the E90 M3, she thought it looked like a 335.
Def agree with you in most points. 95% of the times I take the ISF out, I get MULTIPLE comments on either how classy it looks, how elegant/sleek it looks, etc. Not to mention how many comments I get in the red interior....
So clearly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I DO like the RCF design though. It definitely helps that you don't see these cars at every intersection like the rival cars.
Hoping the LCF comes out looking even better than the LC500. Fingers crossed that it'll be an obvious visual difference to differentiate it and the LC500!

V.
V.
Old 01-07-18, 09:16 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Def agree with you in most points. 95% of the times I take the ISF out, I get MULTIPLE comments on either how classy it looks, how elegant/sleek it looks, etc. Not to mention how many comments I get in the red interior....
So clearly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I DO like the RCF design though. It definitely helps that you don't see these cars at every intersection like the rival cars.
Hoping the LCF comes out looking even better than the LC500. Fingers crossed that it'll be an obvious visual difference to differentiate it and the LC500!

V.
V.
Cool. I like the ISF too. My service advisor at Toyota dealership (for my Corolla XRS) has a FBO modded 2011 silver Lexus ISF (his second ISF who used to have a 2010 before) and he loves my RCF. We get along great.
Old 01-07-18, 10:08 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
Lol. The RCF if one of the ugliest cars made since the Pontiac Aztec. You all sipping he kool-aide if you think Lexus bull**** crazy *** styling looks good.
They tried to mimic the aggressive styling of the European brands by making it WAY beyond reasonable. Lexus has embraced predator face...
From my observations, it is very normal to see owners of previous generations dump on current or upcoming generations of the same model. The feeling of behind left behind with old designs and technology really bothers a lot of people and its totally understandable human behavior.

I think the F-Sport sales speak for themselves taking up large chunks of overall model sales. People are paying more for the more aggressive designs because let's face it, they're not paying more just for better handling and the F-Sport badge.
The following 2 users liked this post by G Star:
ISFPOWER (01-26-18), ninten5 (02-05-18)
Old 01-08-18, 07:55 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
From my observations, it is very normal to see owners of previous generations dump on current or upcoming generations of the same model. The feeling of behind left behind with old designs and technology really bothers a lot of people and its totally understandable human behavior.
This ^^^When the RCF came out we had so many ISF owners dumping on us...even in our own forum discussion. The ISF is a nice car, but was never one I would consider. To me the exterior looks like a Camry and the interior is dated. I respect the performance of it, but it’s just plain to me. The hate is strong with the ISF guys. Anyways, if the LCF blows me away I could see myself parking one in my garage. By the time it’s released I’ll be ready to drive something new....as long as the price isn’t north of 150, otherwise there are a few German cars I’d rather consider.
Old 01-08-18, 10:22 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,897 Likes on 1,338 Posts

^^^^AFAIK, no one has ever mistaken my ISF for a Camry. I get complements on it all the time, many from folks that see it sitting in my garage with the door up. And for me, it is my plan to NEVER own any vehicle that is blown. I guess I'm old fashioned, but an NA V8 for me

It says it all here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...uv-the-v8.html

Lou
Old 01-08-18, 11:51 AM
FFM
Racer

I make sure people are aware I’m driving a Camry

View this post on Instagram

Im just not a Lexus homer. Far as I’m concerned the ISF was and still is the best all around car they have. New stuff falls short of the competition and the styling is HIGHLY subjective. That is all.
The following 3 users liked this post by FFM:
Carnevino (01-08-18), flowrider (01-08-18), lobuxracer (01-08-18)
Old 01-08-18, 01:53 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts

Hahaha perfect, couldn’t have said it better myself.
Old 01-26-18, 10:16 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

I have asked many reputable sources inside Toyota and Lexus and both have stated there are no current plans or pre-production on a LC-F type car. It's wishful thinking at this point and everything being spread online about this is mere rumor mill gossip. I do know that Boost Logic in Texas is in fact in R&D on a supercharger kit for the LC500 with a goal of a bolt on 600whp. Time will tell and I do hope they're able to get the projected numbers. This could easily change the game for the LC500 being slightly underpowered by bringing it up to par with it's competitors in the performance arena. 600whp on the LC could very well put it in the 3 second 0-60 range with a low 11 second or even high 10 second 1/4 mile if equipped with the right tires.
Old 01-26-18, 11:06 AM
FFM
Racer

Cost of LC500 + supercharger and supporting mods = superior 911 with a warranty.

Quick Reply: LC F coming with V8 4.0 twin turbo.