Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Traded our Kia Sedona in on a Chrysler Pacifica today...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-18, 06:57 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
She's talking about the new one, she's saying that it looks more like a crossover than a van.
yes new one. It does not look as large as the Sienna or Odyssey from the outside. Less bulky. I have no idea if they were able to make it just as large inside. My guess is that it is.
Old 01-31-18, 06:59 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

yes new one. It does not look as large as the Sienna or Odyssey from the outside. Less bulky. I have no idea if they were able to make it just as large inside. My guess is that it is.
I believe it’s actially bigger, I agree with you that it does look smaller outside. Even than the Sedona we had, and it’s like 5 inches longer than the Sedona.
Old 01-31-18, 07:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

She's talking about the new one, she's saying that it looks more like a crossover than a van.
It does borrow the Chrysler 200's front end, but, except for that, certainly looks like a minivan in my book....although certainly more streamlined and aerodynamic than any minivan to date except maybe for the old GM "Dust-busters". And your new Pacifica, of course, drives far better than any of the old Dustbusters. GM never really did get the minivan formula right, no matter what they tried, and seems like they finally gave up.
Old 01-31-18, 07:02 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

I believe it’s actially bigger, I agree with you that it does look smaller outside. Even than the Sedona we had, and it’s like 5 inches longer than the Sedona.
Perhaps the wheelbase makes it look this way. Maybe the wheels are closer to the front and rear of the vehicle. Gonna have to do a compare online to see for myself
Old 01-31-18, 07:26 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Just looked it up. Can’t believe the job they did on the Pacifica. I was right the wheelbase has been stretched by 3” over the other two.
Old 02-01-18, 08:49 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,373 Likes on 1,558 Posts

the stow flat second row seats are amazing and even if you don't use them it leaves nice hidden storage compartments there for bags, etc., to not be seen by prying eyes. the pacifica is huge inside, way more leg room than almost all 3 row crossovers. and the tech is great.
Old 02-02-18, 12:06 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
old GM "Dust-busters".
OMG I am dying...ROFL, I forgot about these, and I have never heard them referred to as dust-busters. You are right though, thats what they look like. That's friggin' funny

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Just looked it up. Can’t believe the job they did on the Pacifica. I was right the wheelbase has been stretched by 3” over the other two.
Yeah, the Pacifica, for a minivan, is probably the hottest thing in its segment right now. It really is well done. If it proves to be reliable long-term, it is a winner all around.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
the stow flat second row seats are amazing and even if you don't use them it leaves nice hidden storage compartments there for bags, etc., to not be seen by prying eyes. the pacifica is huge inside, way more leg room than almost all 3 row crossovers. and the tech is great.
I don't even like minivan's. In fact, i despise them. But the Pacifica is so nice in top trim that I would own one if I had kids. You can load them up with all kinds of goodies and come out cheaper than the Import options by half. Even the Kia Sedona/Hyundai Entourage can get quite expensive in top trims. But with FCA there are always incentives and rebates, nobody ever pays sticker. Honda doesn't really negotiate prices that much on new vehicles, and Toyota's are ridiculously overpriced for what they are.
Old 02-02-18, 12:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
OMG I am dying...ROFL, I forgot about these, and I have never heard them referred to as dust-busters. You are right though, thats what they look like. That's friggin' funny
It's been a common nickname for them, in the auto press, for years, Josh...you just might not have seen it before.