Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-18, 07:43 PM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

So I was thinking of doing the Tanabe Touring Medalion axle back from the RC (I have a 17 so I need the quad tip) the RC exhaust fits the 17-18 IS right?

Along with that will be the PPE downpipe and if it’s not too loud I will get a B-pipe (mid pipe) from either Apexi or Invidia.
Old 02-04-18, 07:56 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by loophole35
So I was thinking of doing the Tanabe Touring Medalion axle back from the RC (I have a 17 so I need the quad tip) the RC exhaust fits the 17-18 IS right?

Along with that will be the PPE downpipe and if it’s not too loud I will get a B-pipe (mid pipe) from either Apexi or Invidia.
Get the 2017+ Apexi Full cat back ( Quad tips )
Old 02-05-18, 04:54 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mesh704
Get the 2017+ Apexi Full cat back ( Quad tips )
Don't like the quad mufflers or the burnt tips. This looks cleaner.

Old 02-05-18, 06:03 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

I love a quiet car, but when i added the down-pipe there was this rasp sound (due to removing 2 catalytic converters) that annoyed me a bit so i decided to go with an axle back system that would help. I've had the Tanabe Medalion (looked great, but was a bit loud) i then went with a F Sport performance which was awesome but i ended up selling for a profit lol. I may go back to the stock axle back soon since i do a lot of highway driving and this 2000rpm drone will drive me insane.
Old 02-05-18, 06:28 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I love a quiet car, but when i added the down-pipe there was this rasp sound (due to removing 2 catalytic converters) that annoyed me a bit so i decided to go with an axle back system that would help. I've had the Tanabe Medalion (looked great, but was a bit loud) i then went with a F Sport performance which was awesome but i ended up selling for a profit lol. I may go back to the stock axle back soon since i do a lot of highway driving and this 2000rpm drone will drive me insane.
drone on the Q300s is the worst and am stuck with it since shipping anything to where I am is going to cost me an arm or a leg
Old 02-05-18, 06:43 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke

drone on the Q300s is the worst and am stuck with it since shipping anything to where I am is going to cost me an arm or a leg
I've heard that the Q300's were quiet, but i guess that's only when using it with a stock mid-pipe. The Borla system is next on my watchlist, it looks very subtle and should be loud enough.

Last edited by Sheddy; 02-05-18 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-05-18, 06:56 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Heard the Tanabe on their site and its just the tone I'm going for. My car rarely sees the highway. It's funny I want the exhaust seeing as I turn that stupid ACS dial off too get rid of the artificial engine noise. Main thing I want is some tone and to hear the turbo. The flow on the stock axle back should not be too bad. May just slap the PPE on first and decide if I go further.

Last edited by loophole35; 02-05-18 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-05-18, 07:39 AM
Clarjoa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bms vs tom's box

Hi,

I've been reading a lot about the bms box in this thread but not much on the tom's box. I'm wondering if it would be a worthy upgrade to move from the tom's box to bms. Thanks!
Old 02-05-18, 07:58 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Clarjoa
Hi,

I've been reading a lot about the bms box in this thread but not much on the tom's box. I'm wondering if it would be a worthy upgrade to move from the tom's box to bms. Thanks!
As they both essentially do the same thing I wouldn't see an advantage "upgrading" to the BMS stage 1 box.

Here is Sheddy's write up comparing the two. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ms-vs-bms.html
Old 02-05-18, 08:00 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Heard the Tanabe on their site and its just the tone I'm going for. My car rarely sees the highway. It's funny I want the exhaust seeing as I turn that stupid ACS dial off too get rid of the artificial engine noise. Main thing I want is some tone and to hear the turbo. The flow on the stock axle back should not be too bad. May just slap the PPE on first and decide if I go further.
At WOT the axle-back car sounds awesome, but driving around with this 8 speed transmission the car stays on that low rpm drone sweet spot.

Originally Posted by Clarjoa
Hi,

Hey,
On the 1st page of the thread i have the dyno results for the TOM'S power box. It is a very good product, but i do prefer the BMS since it made more power, it is cheaper and also has the option to change boost settings for future modifications.
Old 02-07-18, 07:35 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

After 3 days of driving with this new axle-back i am suffering with a headache lol. I've been through 3 different systems and the F Sport is the best (not the price) , but I wanted to know if anyone has any input about another axle back system that has low drone? I understand that the systems with Helmholtz resonators keep the drone down.

Circuit Werks (For Sale)

Tanabe Medalion

F Sport Perfomance

Last edited by Sheddy; 02-07-18 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-07-18, 07:47 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Look at these......so sexual

The following 2 users liked this post by Nuke:
PATCHEZ (02-07-18), Sheddy (02-07-18)
Old 02-07-18, 07:49 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

After 3 days of driving with this new axle-back i am suffering with a headache lol. I've been through 3 different systems and the F Sport is the best (not the price) , but I wanted to know if anyone has any input about another axle back system that has low drone? I understand that the systems with Helmholtz resonators keep the drone down.

Circuit Werks (For Sale)

Tanabe Medalion

F Sport Perfomance

I was waiting for you to complain :P i need to give you my Q300 to for few days to appreciate what you have now
Old 02-07-18, 07:55 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke

I was waiting for you to complain :P i need to give you my Q300 to for few days to appreciate what you have now
LOL. I don't know how you do it man. My interior shakes at low RPM, its annoying and i am still running the stock mid-pipe.
I love the way the exhaust looks, but i'm just looking for one that has minimal drone.
Old 02-07-18, 08:33 AM
volthause
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have the eco / normal / sport / sport+ on those cars? Using sport will change the shift priorities and around town driving shouldn't get you out of 5th, which will keep you out of the "drone zone"

Quick Reply: IS200t tune