Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-18, 01:38 AM
808NXF
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Been following this thread for a couple years now but this is my first time posting. I’m curious if anyone has come across this tuning company?

http://tuningtechfs.com/lexus-is-200...-2016-present/

TTFS requires ECUs to be mailed in for tuning.
Old 02-12-18, 02:10 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by 808NXF
Been following this thread for a couple years now but this is my first time posting. I’m curious if anyone has come across this tuning company?

interesting, though am skeptical about sending my ECU to someone unless there are no other options
Old 02-12-18, 02:11 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Old 02-12-18, 06:46 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I'll take a black one. I guess I'll be contacting Tony some time soon.

Any more updates on the hybrid turbo?
Old 02-12-18, 07:12 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by SubieChik
Sheddy I saw you praise the BMS Stage 1 box.....which I was excited about since I already bought it. But then as I read on further I saw that you and a few others have switched over to the TTI Stage 2+ and now I am wondering if I made a mistake......especially after seeing Nukes dyno results holy cow.
I have an Injen intake and from the stock DP back is straight pipe with 2 Vibrant resonators inline. I will be adding a PPE catless DP in the future also. So now I ask, with the few bolt ons I have, which route should I go? TTI or BMS? Please say BMS as I already have it coming LOL just kidding! But seriously, I just am looking to get as much as I can out of this motor/turbo...safely obviously. I don't want to hear the whole crap about if you wanted power you should have bought something else.....no crap. If I wanted power I WOULD have bought something else or shoot I would have just kept my husbands F when he sold it. I have had the 200t now for a little over a year and I can't wait to see what it can do.
Sorry for the confusion lol. The first time i had the BMS tested was on the stock motor, so since i added the down-pipe i wanted to re-test to compare the results. The BMS is an awesome plug and play tuning product for the price. I've seen really good power gains over stock and love the fact that the boost settings can be increased once bolt ons are added. The TTI on the other hand would give you more power since its an actual re-flash tune, but is more expensive and a little more complex to install. I also hope Nuke's response was able to clear things up.

Originally Posted by 808NXF

Thanks for posting!

This company had this posted for some time, but i've yet to see any results or feedback regarding their product on their website
Old 02-12-18, 07:17 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

*UPDATE*

I get a lot of inquries regarding our tuning options, so i've decided to add a couple informative links on the 1st page of this thread. I hope this helps
Old 02-12-18, 07:33 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by loophole35
I'll take a black one. I guess I'll be contacting Tony some time soon.

Any more updates on the hybrid turbo?
ya i like black very stealthy

hybrid testing is on going and i think TTI is gooding even bigger on the compressor wheel since they found area for
impro on the prototype
Old 02-12-18, 08:16 AM
PGARazor
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Nuke
Yup, emailed Toni for options of colors and finishes.
Old 02-12-18, 08:29 AM
loophole35
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

ya i like black very stealthy

hybrid testing is on going and i think TTI is gooding even bigger on the compressor wheel since they found area for
impro on the prototype
Any numbers on the initial prototype?
Old 02-12-18, 11:30 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

only Tony knows that and i recon he wont spill the beans just yet
Old 02-12-18, 11:31 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I haven't heard anything. I am still waiting for Stage 2+ to be updated with the limitations removed. Last i heard it was an ongoing process.
Old 02-12-18, 11:45 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Thinking of using the DEI gold reflect tape on my intercooler (just accessible areas) like the TRD TG20.

Last edited by Sheddy; 02-12-18 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-12-18, 06:20 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Thinking of using the DEI gold reflect tape on my intercooler (just accessible areas) like the TRD TG20.

Nice idea but only for looks, however if your thinking it will add some performance then I guess think again :P if you want to enhance cooling then way to go is to change the IC radiator since our car has two radiators one is responsible for cooling the liquid from IC
Old 02-12-18, 10:44 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Nice idea but only for looks, however if your thinking it will add some performance then I guess think again :P if you want to enhance cooling then way to go is to change the IC radiator since our car has two radiators one is responsible for cooling the liquid from IC
It will definitely add some “cool” appearance factor, but from the reviews I’ve read is that it actually does help keep the temperature down a bit. Using this on our intercooler can help with excessive engine bay heat essentially lowering the IAT which is a plus. I don’t want to mess with the intercooler coolant radiator, but If this is good enough for TRD to use it then why not try lol.
Old 02-13-18, 12:22 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sheddy

It will definitely add some “cool” appearance factor, but from the reviews I’ve read is that it actually does help keep the temperature down a bit. Using this on our intercooler can help with excessive engine bay heat essentially lowering the IAT which is a plus. I don’t want to mess with the intercooler coolant radiator, but If this is good enough for TRD to use it then why not try lol.

lol valid point of view but I think they added it just to have more "modification" to justify the price tag and changing the radiator is not a big deal since so many options for even coolants are out there that will outperform the stock

Quick Reply: IS200t tune