Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2018 Kia Stinger

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-18, 06:30 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Went to the CIAS today and took some shots of mine in the parking lot and the Ceramic Silver (wet metallic "cement") and the white ones on display.

While I was checking them out, I honestly heard not a single criticism. People were genuinely surprised and impressed with the styling, interior, specs, and price.

Old 02-18-18, 06:58 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

I think that grey looks more menacing than that white. It looks better in the darker colors. If they made an N version for less than $60k with around 500hp, that would definitely pique my interest!
Old 02-20-18, 09:43 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Nice logo swap
Old 02-21-18, 09:23 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Hmm, after seeing the dark gray from more angles, I believe I am starting to prefer it over the lighter gray, but if it came down to it I think I'd pick either. Man, the Stinger is so tempting for the price!
Old 02-21-18, 04:38 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Nice logo swap
Yeah, I like this emblem, native to the Stinger sold in South Korea.

At red lights and parking lots, I see people doing a double-take then going around the side and back to see what make it is and they look stumped At back, also like the S.Korean market, I have the large Stinger emblem...

Kia E Logo Explained

Closer look at the Kia E Emblem Badge.
  • Engineered by Excellence
  • Exclusive
  • Exquisite
  • Evolutionary
The E logo symbolizes the maximized performance of its rear-wheel driving. It also stands for the company's new theme "'Engineered by Excellence." Aside from that, the logo means Exclusive, Exquisite and Evolutionary. The new logo symbolizes the car's new premium line-up. However, this logo will only be available in its home South Korea. When it is shipped internationally, the car will have its normal Kia logo. The company did this because its Kia badge seemed to attract more people than just the E-logo.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 02-21-18 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-21-18, 04:54 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 643 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Yeah, I like this emblem, native to the Stinger sold in South Korea.

At red lights and parking lots, I see people doing a double-take then going around the side and back to see what make it is and they look stumped At back, also like the S.Korean market, I have the large Stinger emblem...
I guess that's one way to minimize the Kia stigma...
Old 02-21-18, 04:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
I guess that's one way to minimize the Kia stigma...
The best way can be found in my own signature.......................

DRIVING IS BELIEVING
Old 02-21-18, 05:06 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The best way can be found in my own signature.......................

DRIVING IS BELIEVING
If that was directed at me, I don't have a problem with driving a Korean Vehicle. I drove a Hyundai for 5 years, relatively trouble free. I've already stated that I'm a fan of the Stinger. It appears as if "corrado" is maybe concerned with the fact that he is driving a Kia. I could be wrong, but re-badging it makes it look like he's embarrassed with that.
Old 02-21-18, 05:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

If that was directed at me, I don't have a problem with driving a Korean Vehicle. I drove a Hyundai for 5 years, relatively trouble free. I've already stated that I'm a fan of the Stinger. It appears as if "corrado" is maybe concerned with the fact that he is driving a Kia. I could be wrong, but re-badging it makes it look like he's embarrassed with that.
I'm not referring to any one single person here, but, in general, to those referring to Kia's so-called "stigma". Those who actually believe that stigma are a good 10- 15 years out of date....that changed in the early-mid 2000s.
Old 02-21-18, 05:50 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'm not referring to any one single person here, but, in general, to those referring to Kia's so-called "stigma". Those who actually believe that stigma are a good 10- 15 years out of date....that changed in the early-mid 2000s.
Yeah, I have to wonder about why people bring up some sort of mysterious disease that indicates symptoms of "Kia stigma". The only Kia "stigma" is among people who live in the past. I doubt that anyone just randomly does a logo swap because of some sort of insecurity about which brand they're driving. It's pretty much known that the owner of this Stinger has already been there done it and has the t-shirts with the snob brands, from what his posts indicate.

I think Kia didn't want to take the chance in the US market with a RoK logo because it would just water down their brand. I understand why they're being careful with the Stinger, it's their first rwd performance/sports sedan in NA. Man that Stinger in the dark grey looks great from the 3/4 rear angle. Really looks like it's ready for the autobahn.
Old 02-22-18, 08:27 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Or he just prefers the "E" emblem? I mean it looks pretty spiffy, and it gives his Stinger something to set it apart.
Old 02-22-18, 10:04 PM
theory816
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I the only one who think this car is an abomination to look at? The front looks fine but everything else is just hideous. What a waste of money. Car hasn't even been out that long yet and the design already looks old.
Old 02-22-18, 10:24 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by theory816
Am I the only one who think this car is an abomination to look at? The front looks fine but everything else is just hideous. What a waste of money. Car hasn't even been out that long yet and the design already looks old.
I think you're one of three who think that lol. The car looks great.
Old 02-22-18, 10:25 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm sure you're not the only one, but you are definately in the minority. Most reviewers rave about the style. I think it is a great looking car.
Old 02-23-18, 04:52 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

I agree with the others. You are definitely in the minority.

Quick Reply: 2018 Kia Stinger