Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2019 Volvo V60

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-18, 04:38 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Interesting. This should have some competition with the Buick Regal X-Wagon and Audi ALL-Road...and maybe with top-line versions of the Outback.
I just got my new issue of C&D, with a short take on the Regal 2.0T Sportback (ie, NOT the GS). They were not enamored at all, especially the interior. If that's the case, the Regal is NOT competition for All Road or this Volvo--2 brands with highly praised interiors.
Old 02-21-18, 04:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
I just got my new issue of C&D, with a short take on the Regal 2.0T Sportback (ie, NOT the GS). They were not enamored at all, especially the interior. If that's the case, the Regal is NOT competition for All Road or this Volvo--2 brands with highly praised interiors.
Opinions differ. I certainly respect C&D's. I agree the Tour-X-Wagon's interior is not up that of the V60...at least from what I've seen of the V60 in images. But, without question, it's the closest thing we have to it with an American nameplate. I'd consider it a nominal competitor, considering the (probable) price difference. Volvo, to my knowledge, has not announced pricing, but it is likely to be somewhat higher than that of the Buick...but probably not much.
Old 02-21-18, 05:15 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
The BMW's material quality and fit and finish is also highly regarded too. The styling might be a little plain for some but it's very functional.
Old 02-21-18, 07:16 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Volvo is killing it lately! Another gorgeous automobile. When it comes time for me to shop crossovers, it is going to be very hard not to end up in an XC90. The styling, inside/out of most of these new volvos are amazing IMO!
Old 02-21-18, 07:52 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
380hp in the T8 version woohoo! This sleek and a looker. Very nice, kudos Volvo

Sorry for raining on your parade but that Swedish elegance-in-minimalism interior is an ergonomic mess, especially for those who hate touchscreens.

As you can see, there are very few buttons. The few buttons on either side of the volume control dial look to be audio system controls; it looks like the climate controls are all on the touchscreen. It is very definitely a head-down -- rather than head-up -- display.
Old 02-21-18, 09:27 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ABC
Volvo is killing it lately! Another gorgeous automobile. When it comes time for me to shop crossovers, it is going to be very hard not to end up in an XC90. The styling, inside/out of most of these new volvos are amazing IMO!
I agree 100%, all new Volvos really are catching my eye!
Old 02-21-18, 09:43 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sulu
Sorry for raining on your parade but that Swedish elegance-in-minimalism interior is an ergonomic mess, especially for those who hate touchscreens.

As you can see, there are very few buttons. The few buttons on either side of the volume control dial look to be audio system controls; it looks like the climate controls are all on the touchscreen. It is very definitely a head-down -- rather than head-up -- display.
\

if you look closely you'll see the temp controls are the ***** on the center stack L/R vents (maybe )

also, looks waaaaay better in black IMO......

Old 02-21-18, 11:07 PM
theory816
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ew a wagon
Old 02-22-18, 12:06 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

I’m not tripping lol
Old 02-22-18, 01:07 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

slick proportions.

that's how FWD should be done.

wonder how the s60 will look. I think the s90 looks awkward from the back.
Old 02-22-18, 01:24 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Wow volvo is on a roll lately...
Old 02-22-18, 06:14 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
if you look closely you'll see the temp controls are the ***** on the center stack L/R vents (maybe )
Sulu is correct that all HVAC controls are on the touch screen. Including temp controls. Not as quick as *****/hard controls, but fairly easy to use/intuitive once you live with the car for a week or so. But Sulu is also correct that it's fingerprint city in all recent Volvos with the new touchscreen. I'd still take their system with a good microfiber cloth over Remote Touch (mouse or pad).
Old 02-22-18, 11:01 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pbm317
I'd still take their system with a good microfiber cloth over Remote Touch (mouse or pad).
HUGE +1, hate hate hate the remote touch mouse or pad crud.

per Volvo...

The voice control function allows you to operate the climate control, navigation, media, and telephone features just by speaking. It recognizes natural speech, so there's no need to memorize a list of set prompts or phrases.

sound!

Bowers & Wilkins audio is the top-level sound system for the V60. A collaboration with acclaimed audio manufacturer Bowers & Wilkins, the system delivers 1100 watts to its 15 speakers, including a unique air-ventilated subwoofer that provides powerful bass tones. Each speaker is positioned to optimize the car's acoustics, and there is a dashboard-mounted tweeter that cuts down acoustic reflection from the windscreen.
https://www.volvocars.com/us/cars/new-models/v60

Last edited by bagwell; 02-22-18 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-22-18, 11:09 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
What you say here is subjective. And there are a number who disagree with you.

Go sit in a new Lincoln Continental or Navigator and then come back and tell us that. If you still feel the same way, then fine.
I did, I think I even posted my review of the Continental her on the Forum, drove multiple models from the base all the way to the Top-of-the-Line all optioned Black Label, and yes I still feel the same way. A $60k Audi still has a nicer interior than the $75K fully optioned Lincoln. And on top of that Lincoln build quality was laughable. Trim crooked, truck lids that did not line up, trim actually falling off in the parking lot. This was not a sample of one, they had 20-30 on the lot and almost everyone had some sort of exterior deficiency. Like I said, I root for GM and Ford, and want them to do well, but the consistently miss the mark on quality, fit and finish. Powertrains and suspension, on many models they do a great job, but that is not enough to be top of the heap.
Old 02-22-18, 11:11 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I agree, I don't like the look of that minimalist interior at all, it just looks like another annoying needlessly complicated touch screen "solution" nobody was asking for.

Quick Reply: 2019 Volvo V60