GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 GS350 / Options question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-18, 09:00 PM
Duttaman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 GS350 / Options question

Hey folks...I'm looking at picking up a 2015 GS350 F-Sport...This will be the 1st automatic car I've ever owner (GTI-VR6, A4, WRX, 335xi Coupe, V6 Accord Coupe) are my last few. The GS seems to have the fit & finish and growl of the Germans, and (hopefully) the maintenance cost of the Japanese cars. But I've run into a snag here...The one I'm about to pull the trigger on has me confused regarding options. The listing SAYS it has the cold weather package, and the controls to the left of the steering wheel has the steering wheel warmer, but it clearly does not have the headlamp washers, or the associated interior button.

Is it possible it has the CW package, just not the headlamp washers? Or is there another package that ISN'T the CW package that has the heated steering wheel only? I read the well put together post stickied on the home page, but don't see this question brought up. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Old 02-26-18, 09:14 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Do you have this raised box in front of your headlights?

If you don't have this, that means you don't have headlight washers. I have them and used it maybe once, honestly I think it's unnecessary, unless you go months without washing your car.

Last edited by peasodos; 02-26-18 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-26-18, 09:18 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts

Heated steering wheel is a STANDARD part of the F-sport package I think.... so that car might not have CWP. I just looked at my (2015 F Sport AWD) sticker and the heated wheel appears as part of the F-Sport package item on the sticker.

FWIW I have noticed that either due to a "package conflict" (not available) or whatever, its difficult to find a 2015 F sports that have things like CWP, LKA, DRS, etc. Most of the cars its a matter of choosing ML sound or no ML, everything else is otherwise the same on a lot of the cars out there.

I also agree with Peasodos, the feature is kinda worthless anyways. Even with all the guk on the roads ive washed my car here and there and that usually keeps the lenses clean enough. A can of stoner invisible glass in the trunk and some paper towels is enough to get you buy if you can't get her washed on a semi regular basis.

-Mike
Old 02-26-18, 09:25 PM
Duttaman
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input! I agree, I had headlamp washers on my A4, preeeety sure I never used them. I was just trying to get an idea of what the pricing should be. The car has the ML sound and is $1200 cheaper than another that I'm looking at that HAS the CWP but no ML sound.

Seems with all the variants around packages even the dealerships can get things confused. I'm guessing the heated steering wheel and heated front seats is what prompted them to advertise CWP...I will use that as a bargaining chip when I go in.
Old 02-26-18, 09:30 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Duttaman
Thanks for the input! I agree, I had headlamp washers on my A4, preeeety sure I never used them. I was just trying to get an idea of what the pricing should be. The car has the ML sound and is $1200 cheaper than another that I'm looking at that HAS the CWP but no ML sound.

Seems with all the variants around packages even the dealerships can get things confused. I'm guessing the heated steering wheel and heated front seats is what prompted them to advertise CWP...I will use that as a bargaining chip when I go in.
This thread lists all the options and how to identify them:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-pictures.html
Old 02-26-18, 09:37 PM
GSRockstar
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Do you have this raised box in front of your headlights?

If you don't have this, that means you don't have headlight washers. I have them and used it maybe once, honestly I think it's unnecessary, unless you go months without washing your car.
its useful on long drives in snowy conditions, or wet/muddy conditiond
Old 02-26-18, 09:47 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSRockstar

its useful on long drives in snowy conditions, or wet/muddy conditions
My car after driving through a snow storm, in this case everything on the front end is frozen over, and washers are useless.
I have Osram Night breaker unlimited HID bulbs that are very bright, so even when it's covered in snow it's bright.

Old 02-26-18, 09:49 PM
SpicedRum
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

The cold weather package changed a little bit over the years.

Take a look at the 2015 GS Lexus Brochure page 22 to see what the package includes:

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...S-Brochure.pdf

"COLD WEATHER PACKAGE (Standard on GS 450h) Heated steering wheel // High-intensity interior heater // Headlamp washers (GS 350 RWD; standard on AWD; not available on GS 450h) // Windshield-wiper deicer // Water-repellent front-door glass // LED headlamps (GS F SPORT)"

It looks like the headlight washers are already standard on the 2015 AWD's and the package does include the heated steering wheel.
There is no button for the headlight washers. They will operate every so often when cleaning the windshield. The manual goes into detail on how they work.
The windshield deicer may not have a switch either. On my 2018 that is turned on through the nav screen/settings.

Interestingly the 2018 GS cold weather package only includes the headlight washers, windshield deicer and water repellent front door glass. The heated steering wheel is a standalone option but I think it was only $150.
No mention of any high intensity interior heater on later models, I wonder if they got rid of it or if it's standard. I think all the new safety gadgets are standard on the 2018's, at least on the F sports.
Old 02-26-18, 10:02 PM
Duttaman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SpicedRum
The cold weather package changed a little bit over the years.

Take a look at the 2015 GS Lexus Brochure page 22 to see what the package includes:

http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...S-Brochure.pdf

"COLD WEATHER PACKAGE (Standard on GS 450h) Heated steering wheel // High-intensity interior heater // Headlamp washers (GS 350 RWD; standard on AWD; not available on GS 450h) // Windshield-wiper deicer // Water-repellent front-door glass // LED headlamps (GS F SPORT)"

It looks like the headlight washers are already standard on the 2015 AWD's and the package does include the heated steering wheel.
There is no button for the headlight washers. They will operate every so often when cleaning the windshield. The manual goes into detail on how they work.
The windshield deicer may not have a switch either. On my 2018 that is turned on through the nav screen/settings.

Interestingly the 2018 GS cold weather package only includes the headlight washers, windshield deicer and water repellent front door glass. The heated steering wheel is a standalone option but I think it was only $150.
No mention of any high intensity interior heater on later models, I wonder if they got rid of it or if it's standard. I think all the new safety gadgets are standard on the 2018's, at least on the F sports.
Nice find on that brochure...This 2015 AWD F-Sport doesn't appear to have the sprayers for the headlamps:

Old 02-27-18, 03:31 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Heated steering wheel is a $150 option on my 18 F-Sport RWD.
Old 02-27-18, 04:48 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Also my 2014 GS AWD non -F has double pane front door glass. I have the CWP.
Old 02-27-18, 07:23 AM
Duttaman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by charley95
Heated steering wheel is a $150 option on my 18 F-Sport RWD.
Ahhh...so maybe that's what it was. No CWP, but they added the heated steering wheel.
So none of the following (other than what's been added as an option):
Heated steering wheel (ADDED)// High-intensity interior heater // Headlamp washers // Windshield-wiper deicer // LED headlamps (GS F SPORT)

Other than going to Climate in the menu, is there an externally visible way to tell if the Windshield-wiper deicer is installed? A thin metallic strip or something? Again, likely a feature I won't too often...but good to know if I have

Just like to make sure I'm getting the most bang for the buck on used car purchase, I swear car manufactures make you get a Masters in figuring out their options before you buy. I'm gonna end up with paralysis by analysis. Ok, that's not true, I'm hoping to buy today...15 GS350 AWD, F-Sport, ML, CPO, 28k miles @ $34.5k OTD.
Old 02-27-18, 07:39 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

You'll love it if ya get it. They're great driving cars.
Old 02-27-18, 08:35 AM
Duttaman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by charley95
You'll love it if ya get it. They're great driving cars.
I can tell you I'm happy the community is so actively involved. It's nice to know you can come somewhere ask questions and engage with other folks who have experience and knowledge and are willing to share it.
Old 02-27-18, 08:50 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman60
Also my 2014 GS AWD non -F has double pane front door glass. I have the CWP.
My 15 AWD F Sport has dual pane glass and heated wheel but no cold weather package.

Quick Reply: 2015 GS350 / Options question