Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

CD009 350Z 6spd On 1JZ SC400

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-16, 06:58 PM
Halon
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

That little piece that slides over the shafts is what I was just saying I was thinking of making myself. Wonder if they'd sell just that piece. Where di u buy that kit from?
Old 04-24-16, 07:00 PM
SCSkidder
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ita an AllBoost kit. would be Very easy to make yourself if you have even some level 1-2 fab skills. If i had all my tools here i would be making all this stuff.
Old 04-24-16, 07:04 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SCSkidder
haha, true. Im aiming for first attempt at getting the trans bolted up tomorrow.
Awesome, good luck man. You're going to beat me to the finish line lol. I just did some wire tuck prep this weekend

OOH, and for the V2 adapter guys, go out and buy 2 10x1.50x30mm for the last two bellhousing to adapter bolts and thread them from the front of the car back.

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-24-16, 07:23 PM
SCSkidder
Rookie

Im still waiting on the slip yoke. so hopefully that comes in and the shaft is the appropriate length. Ive been documenting with pics, I will get going on a build thread soon, ill drop a link here if you dont mind so you can follow my build. suspension and paint coming up.
Old 04-24-16, 07:28 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Did some wire tuck prep this weekend.

The wire duct on the driver side fender contains wires for the ABS/TRAC relay module box near the brake master cylinder, and also the wires for the brake fluid level sensor. I removed the wire duct and will be relocating the ABS relay module box under the driver headlight. I had to extend the wires for the brake fluid level sensor and ran it through the hole for the wiper fluid reservoir filler neck, up and over the inner fender and back through the hole near the brake master cylinder. That takes care of the driver side.

For the passenger side, I again removed the wire duct. Here are wires running along the passenger fender:

All you need to do is follow this wire loom under the fender, and will see how it goes through a gland in the firewall and into the cabin passenger side. Just go inside and unplug the connectors associated with that loom behind the passenger kick panel. Unscrew the gland on the firewall, disconnect the two connectors on the ABS pump assembly, unclip the loom from a mounting clip inside the fender, and you will be able to pull the loom through and into the bay. Then, just continue to pull the loom along the front and to the driver side all the while disconnecting connectors as you go. I also had the headlights out and front bumper off, so that made it easier.

Here is pic of said gland removed from firewall:

Just have to wait until my split loom comes in to finish up the tuck. Bought some 1/8", 1" and 1-1/4" split loom.

Then, going to get the drivetrain back in. Most likely Sunday because I have a family function going on Saturday..
Old 04-24-16, 07:30 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Im still waiting on the slip yoke. so hopefully that comes in and the shaft is the appropriate length. Ive been documenting with pics, I will get going on a build thread soon, ill drop a link here if you dont mind so you can follow my build. suspension and paint coming up.

Heck yeah man, awesome. I know quite a few people are curious about this multi disc setup, including myself. So please do post a link And I hope the driveshaft is perfect for you
Old 04-24-16, 08:19 PM
Halon
Racer

Ita an AllBoost kit. would be Very easy to make yourself if you have even some level 1-2 fab skills. If i had all my tools here i would be making all this stuff.
Cool, I wrote em on FB to see if they'd sell just the piece. I could make myself, that's my plan. But I'm married, have a toddler and an infant, work FT, and college PT. So when it comes down to it, if I can buy it, I prefer that over making it because I just don't have **** for time.
Old 04-25-16, 04:54 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
Heck yeah man, awesome. I know quite a few people are curious about this multi disc setup, including myself. So please do post a link And I hope the driveshaft is perfect for you
am one of them .. curiously waiting for a twin or triple setup on a CD009 . And see what is the best setup to go about with this CD009.

Looks like the first adapter from Collins wasn't the best as per Halon's experience that's why he is now into the A340 bellhousing adapter.. ... so looking at more experiences from others. And you guys surely are helping a lot of people like me being on the fence to try one .. thanks.
Old 04-25-16, 06:20 AM
Halon
Racer

What I will say, is removing my trans this last time around went a lot better than ever before. So the additional tunnel beating must have helped, and probably me just getting a better hang of it now. It's not fun, but I think this option is becoming a better option the more people get involved. Now that a few of us have understood the tunnel modifications required, the whole tilting the engine back, and shifter ideas are getting better, plus this new A340 design. It's really becoming a good option in my opinion.

BTW to those with that shifter posted above, does it fit at the stock location, or did you have to trim the hole a bit in the tunnel? It still seems like it ends up a couple inches more rearward then the W58, which isn't too bad, but still seems like it might still require the hole to be cut in the tunnel little bit.
Old 04-25-16, 12:01 PM
SCSkidder
Rookie

Bretts photos of the shifter in car look like they fit the stock location in the SC with the manual shift bezel. I have no bezel, but i assume it will fit the shifter hole in the tunnel just fine.. ill let you know later today... hopefully.
Old 04-25-16, 08:05 PM
Halon
Racer

Does that All Boost place have a webpage? I can't seem to find one, and they don't appear to ever really go on their FB page.
Old 04-25-16, 08:54 PM
SCSkidder
Rookie

Ill get some pics on here in a few.. The allboost shifter requires trimming the shifter opening back a bit. The trans with twin disc WILL NOT go in without taking the engine out, unless you want to cut a hole in your trans tunnel, which i did #becauseRaceCar.
Old 04-25-16, 08:56 PM
estomax
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahah. cant wait to see it in person,
Old 04-25-16, 09:05 PM
SCSkidder
Rookie

Of course ill make a removable panel most likely, it REALLY makes those upper bolts a cinch

Used some hydro tools to no avail, the trans is just too far back with that GIANT space and clutch setup

Name:  FA46B278-FEFB-4E40-B253-18CCCBE48C2A_zpsotfrawap.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  195.9 KB

BIG AZZ Hole
Name:  63364F86-D0D5-436C-BEF8-DAD592343B80_zpsvjtemtnc.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  321.7 KB

the shifter is like an inch or two too far back in the trans tunnel
Name:  3FEB3970-BD03-4177-8FE4-755353519E98_zpst5nvdkkw.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  260.7 KB

Ill get some more pics tomorrow when its daylight