IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Car pulls slightly to the right

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-16, 06:27 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

^Yay! Did they give you a printout or tell you what they adjusted to get you aligned?
Old 06-24-16, 08:07 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
^Yay! Did they give you a printout or tell you what they adjusted to get you aligned?
Yes I have a printout, she said the caster but it looks like most of the numbers on the wheels changed
Old 06-25-16, 01:20 AM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Top is before bottom is after
Old 06-25-16, 07:28 AM
RandyIS250
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they did a good job with your alignment bro
Old 06-27-16, 01:34 PM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

How did the other shop miss that front right toe!
Old 06-27-16, 06:41 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gville350
How did the other shop miss that front right toe!
I have no idea man...f that shop lol! Anyways another small update.. Car still pulls to the right based off how big a slope there is on the road which I guess is normal but I never noticed this on my winter tires. On the right most Lane where the slope is very obvious, very noticeable to the naked eye, it pulls right really bad like u have to hold the steering wheel left for it to go straight, on the highway it goes straight so I know alignment is good it's just these tires I guess.. I have older super sports in the back and almost brand new continentals in the front so I blame that. I mean obviously if there's a big slope it's gonna pull but like I said, never noticed this on winter tires and I wonder if I get a set of all 4 matching tires will it do the same.. Ehhh at least I know alignment is all good..
Old 06-27-16, 08:11 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have inner tire wear front right car was pulling. They couldn't do alignment because stock ball joints is not adjustable. I bough SPC ball joint they were able to adjust and do alignment.
Old 06-27-16, 08:18 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Look like you going to need SPC Ball joints and another alignment.

Old 06-27-16, 09:19 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MWIS350
I have inner tire wear front right car was pulling. They couldn't do alignment because stock ball joints is not adjustable. I bough SPC ball joint they were able to adjust and do alignment.
I seen ur tire on Facebook, mine doesn't have any wear like that, mine show no signs of uneven wear..
Old 06-27-16, 09:20 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Anyone else think I still have a problem or its normal at this point?
Old 06-27-16, 09:57 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by P128sniper
Anyone else think I still have a problem or its normal at this point?
As you can see by the alignment print out the only thing that was adjusted was the toe setting, this is a wear angle and would have no effect on the car pulling... The camber and caster angles are what could have an effect on whether the car pulls. Your camber is good and does not need any adjustment, so you don't need the spc adjustable ball joints. For some reason they did not measure the caster on your car, at least its not on the print out, and this is the most important angle to measure if the car pulls. I would want to know what the caster is, and why they didn't provide that measurement. Now there is no factory adjustment for the caster, but there are things that can be done to correct it if needed, like caster bushings or shifting the sub frame as gville350 mentioned before. Most likely the caster is good and one of the front tires is the culprit... Did you ever cross the front tires? If not, do this first. If the car still pulls the same way then have lexus measure the caster on the car, which they should have already done with the original alignment. There is no excuse for them not to have measured the caster.
Old 06-27-16, 10:09 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mike33
As you can see by the alignment print out the only thing that was adjusted was the toe setting, this is a wear angle and would have no effect on the car pulling... The camber and caster angles are what could have an effect on whether the car pulls. Your camber is good and does not need any adjustment, so you don't need the spc adjustable ball joints. For some reason they did not measure the caster on your car, at least its not on the print out, and this is the most important angle to measure if the car pulls. I would want to know what the caster is, and why they didn't provide that measurement. Now there is no factory adjustment for the caster, but there are things that can be done to correct it if needed, like caster bushings or shifting the sub frame as gville350 mentioned before. Most likely the caster is good and one of the front tires is the culprit... Did you ever cross the front tires? If not, do this first. If the car still pulls the same way then have lexus measure the caster on the car, which they should have already done with the original alignment. There is no excuse for them not to have measured the caster.
But it does show the caster on the printout.. Edit.. Never mind.. Ughh so it's not normal for car to pull right when there's an obvious slope on the road?

Last edited by P128sniper; 06-27-16 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-27-16, 10:15 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

I guess my next step is to see what happens if I swap the two front tires.. So if it still pulls right what is the problem, and if it pulls left now then it's tire issue correct?
Old 06-27-16, 10:28 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

The car can certainly drift to one side because of road crown, but it sounds like you have noticed a change in how much the car pulls recently. This I think is what you are trying to figure out... My guess would be that its related to the recent tire change you made. If the car still pulls to the right after crossing the tires, have the dealer re-measure the alignment to provide a caster reading. If the caster is lower on the right then that would be a likey reason for the pull.
Old 06-27-16, 11:06 PM
P128sniper
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mike33
The car can certainly drift to one side because of road crown, but it sounds like you have noticed a change in how much the car pulls recently. This I think is what you are trying to figure out... My guess would be that its related to the recent tire change you made. If the car still pulls to the right after crossing the tires, have the dealer re-measure the alignment to provide a caster reading. If the caster is lower on the right then that would be a likey reason for the pull.
OK I'll swap tires and see what happens.. I'm so done with buying tires alrdy

Quick Reply: Car pulls slightly to the right