GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How many golf bags can you fit in the trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-16, 08:32 AM
lchang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many golf bags can you fit in the trunk?

Not sure why I can't find this out via search on this site or elsewhere on the web: Can you fit 4 sets of golf clubs in the trunk of the 4th Gen GS (non-hybrid)? Looks to me like 3 will fit comfortably--is that true? (I'm referring to regular-sized stand bags, not those enormous staff bags that a touring golf pro would use.)
Old 06-28-16, 09:24 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can attest that 2 will fit comfortably. 3 I am unsure would have to ask a buddy to briefly lend me his set.
Old 06-28-16, 09:50 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,587 Posts

My trunk is pretty full with just one Titleist Staff Stand Golf Bag and a couple pair of shoes, a couple dozen golf *****, umbrellas, towels, etc. I could not get a second golf bag in my trunk...unless I put the two golf bags in first and then crammed shoes and other stuff wherever it might fit in nooks and crannies..

The GS 350 trunk is very small....as is the back seat, and backseat legroom. A Toyota Corolla has a much bigger trunk and backseat compared to the GS 350.

Last edited by bclexus; 06-28-16 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-28-16, 09:59 AM
Nasrul3698
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Fitting 3 golf bags is possible, but the golf bags would have to be stand bags though. If it's a staff bag then I'm not sure if you can even fit 2
Old 06-28-16, 10:11 AM
wooc747
Driver School Candidate

It will fit 3 standard stand golf bag and shoes, no problem.
Old 06-28-16, 12:26 PM
SneakySt3v
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have gotten 3 stand bags in with one push cart. My brother's clubs are extended 3" and they still fit no problem.
Old 06-28-16, 04:20 PM
lchang
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bclexus
My trunk is pretty full with just one Titleist Staff Stand Golf Bag and a couple pair of shoes, a couple dozen golf *****, umbrellas, towels, etc. I could not get a second golf bag in my trunk...unless I put the two golf bags in first and then crammed shoes and other stuff wherever it might fit in nooks and crannies..

The GS 350 trunk is very small....as is the back seat, and backseat legroom. A Toyota Corolla has a much bigger trunk and backseat compared to the GS 350.

Huh, that's a bit confusing. The Corolla has only 13.0 cu feet of trunk space. You sure about what you said above? Maybe you're talking about the previous gen GS?
Old 06-28-16, 07:06 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lchang
Huh, that's a bit confusing. The Corolla has only 13.0 cu feet of trunk space. You sure about what you said above? Maybe you're talking about the previous gen GS?
The GS 350's trunk has one tiny cubic foot more room (14.1 cu. feet) than the Toyota Corolla, but the trunk's dimensions that provides those cubic feet tells the real story. Very few people fill their trunk's voids with ping-pong ***** - they use it for golf clubs and luggage, etc.

Lexus GS 350

Toyota Corolla
Old 06-28-16, 07:56 PM
lchang
Driver School Candidate

Right. So don't clubs fit better in the GS? "Horizontally" (i.e., parallel with the axles) at the widest part in the very back of the trunk? My 1998 GS was perfect--not because of cu ft, but because it was wide at the "mouth" and could fit 4 bags comfortably (two bags on top of two.) I hated having to put bags in diagonally in my MB E class. That really eats up space and makes it hard to get them in and out.
Old 06-29-16, 04:05 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Right. So don't clubs fit better in the GS? "Horizontally" (i.e., parallel with the axles) at the widest part in the very back of the trunk? My 1998 GS was perfect--not because of cu ft, but because it was wide at the "mouth" and could fit 4 bags comfortably (two bags on top of two.) I hated having to put bags in diagonally in my MB E class. That really eats up space and makes it hard to get them in and out.
A friend of mine has a new Corolla and I can tell you - golf clubs fit a lot better (yes horizontally - parallel to axles) in his trunk than in my GS 350's trunk. Plus, the rear seat leg room is a lot better too. Surprising!

Now, off to play golf again in this Texas heat...
Old 06-29-16, 04:55 AM
lchang
Driver School Candidate

A friend of mine has a new Corolla and I can tell you - golf clubs fit a lot better (yes horizontally - parallel to axles) in his trunk than in my GS 350's trunk. Plus, the rear seat leg room is a lot better too. Surprising!

Got it. Thanks.

Hit 'em straight!
Old 06-29-16, 04:20 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Got it. Thanks.

Hit 'em straight!
38 - 36 = 74

Course Rating: 73.2 · Slope Rating:136

5 bogies & 3 birdies

Boiling Hot & Humid - I drank about 2½ to 3 Gallons of water and G2 to stay hydrated and never had to pee...
Old 07-02-16, 05:25 PM
lchang
Driver School Candidate

Well, as of a few hours ago, I now own a 2014 GS350 F Sport.

Anyway, it seems clear to me that 4 bags fit "horizontally" pretty well--certainly no diagonally placement necessary (like the german car trunks). Two bags fit comfortably on the floor of the trunk next to each other, and it looks like there's enough height to fit two more on top of those.
Old 07-06-16, 09:26 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the real question is how many dead body's fit in the trunk. LOL
Old 07-06-16, 10:57 AM
lchang
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
the real question is how many dead body's fit in the trunk. LOL

And can you fit the bodies in horizontally with easy in-and-out? How do multiple bodies pile up on top of each other? These are important car trunk considerations!

Quick Reply: How many golf bags can you fit in the trunk?