RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Special Order 2016 RC 350 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-16, 06:54 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a quick update: My dealer told me that my car has been built and loaded on the ship. Expected departure for USA is this weekend. He anticipates the car will arrive at the dealer 2nd week of August. I hope sooner. I know the ship has to be fully loaded with all other cars, not sure if it will arrive on the west coast and then they will train it over to NJ or will the ship cross Panama canal and arrive at NJ docks? Once it arrives, it needs to clear customs etc. Wow...nevertheless, some news!!!
Old 06-26-16, 10:09 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NjDude
Just a quick update: My dealer told me that my car has been built and loaded on the ship. Expected departure for USA is this weekend. He anticipates the car will arrive at the dealer 2nd week of August. I hope sooner. I know the ship has to be fully loaded with all other cars, not sure if it will arrive on the west coast and then they will train it over to NJ or will the ship cross Panama canal and arrive at NJ docks? Once it arrives, it needs to clear customs etc. Wow...nevertheless, some news!!!
Exciting news! Definitely worth the wait -- you'll still have a bit of summer to enjoy it (but it's AWD, so.. bring on the snow!)
Old 07-28-16, 01:39 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

So, instead of 2 months, in early August it will be 4 months of waiting. The dealer finally gave me the VIN number and told me the car will be at the dealer around 2nd week of August. I was researching and it appears that Lexus/Toyota uses NYK shipping lines and the Andromeda Leader as the vessel for shipment. If that is the case, the vessel was in New Jersey on 7/20/16 and it is now on its way back to Japan and has crossed Panama canal. I still have not heard from the dealer as of yet. If the car was in this shipment and was off-loaded at the docks, does it really take this long to pass customs and for it to be on a truck to the dealership? Wow!!!
Old 08-04-16, 12:53 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Well, the day has finally arrived. I got my baby today!!! Delivery date: 8/4/2016. Weight: 3,891 lbs. Length: 185. Both baby and daddy are doing just fine.

Old 08-04-16, 01:53 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats! Looks beautiful ! Any future mods planned for it? I actually do like the gril better than my F-sport Grill. I hope the wait was worth it!
Old 08-04-16, 05:53 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RealMCR12
Congrats! Looks beautiful ! Any future mods planned for it? I actually do like the gril better than my F-sport Grill. I hope the wait was worth it!
Thank you very much. Have not thought too much about mods: would like to do the rear diffuser, Perhaps drop only the front just a little (1") may be. But I love the smooth ride so if dropping would change that, then I may not.
Old 08-05-16, 10:07 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 683 Likes on 602 Posts

Of course there has to be future mods planned!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-05-16, 01:08 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Of course there has to be future mods planned!

-Josh
He he... Well, besides the one I mentioned, perhaps also switching the turn signals to LED. I just did this today. It is very subtle but I like it. Lexus logo on sides.

Old 08-06-16, 07:54 AM
ISTORO
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats and good luck with it. Another Ray Cat customer like me. Color combo is great and worth the wait. See you on Route 9!
Old 08-06-16, 08:46 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISTORO
Congrats and good luck with it. Another Ray Cat customer like me. Color combo is great and worth the wait. See you on Route 9!
Thank you very much. Yes, ordered via Ray Cat like my previous car, however, I live little north of that in Bergen county.
Old 08-09-16, 08:41 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

LMAO at your comments about baby and dad. Looks soooo good, congrats! Ceramic pro asap!
Old 08-09-16, 11:35 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by suvi2k
LMAO at your comments about baby and dad. Looks soooo good, congrats! Ceramic pro asap!
He He ... I thought someone with a good sense of humor might get a kick out of the baby & daddy joke.

Well, I was thinking about getting the Spray Shield and top coat of High Gloss AutoFlex.
Old 08-09-16, 12:35 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

He He ... I thought someone with a good sense of humor might get a kick out of the baby & daddy joke.

Well, I was thinking about getting the Spray Shield and top coat of High Gloss AutoFlex.
AutoFlex Spray Shieldâ„¢ - Protective Coating - YouTube
That looks cool...whatever you do, protect that paint!
Old 08-09-16, 07:18 PM
taam4t
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you very much. Have not thought too much about mods: would like to do the rear diffuser, Perhaps drop only the front just a little (1") may be. But I love the smooth ride so if dropping would change that, then I may not.
I dropped just the front of my RC with the RS-R Downs...I highly recommend it! Totally corrects the look of the car and I cannot feel a difference in how it rides.

By the way, another Ray Catena Monmouth customer here!
Old 08-10-16, 10:50 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by taam4t
I dropped just the front of my RC with the RS-R Downs...I highly recommend it! Totally corrects the look of the car and I cannot feel a difference in how it rides.

By the way, another Ray Catena Monmouth customer here!
Good to know that you don't feel any difference in ride quality. I am loving the quality of the ride as little bumps etc. on the roads are not an issue for this car. Did you post any pics of your ride after you lowered it? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Special Order 2016 RC 350 AWD