RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-16, 08:12 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Uhhhh nope ! The ISF is very stable at 160. I'm sure the RCF is fine . I assume you haven't maxed an F before
At gas station today with my RC F guy came up to me said is this a new LFA? Looks sweet! I said no it's a RC F. 😜
Old 08-01-16, 09:47 AM
Phinatic
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
This car wouldn't be safe to drive that those speeds. Remember its a Luxury sports car NOT a Race car.
Can't speak to 175mph, but the RC F is unbelievably stable at 140 - 150mph. I routinely cruise at these speeds during my Sunday morning commute to the golf course. In fact, it's so stable, I have no problem drinking my soda in one hand and driving with the other. My other car is a Dodge Challenger with a ProCharger and have had it up to 180mph, but the RC F feels even better at high speed.
Old 08-01-16, 10:26 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
I thought you said the limiter was at 174. I believe it's actually limited at 171-172 (177 on the speedo). I don't believe 174 is the top speed without the limiter. It still had power when I was up there. Maybe they were at a high elevation or going up hill when they observed 174 as the top speed?

Unless we can remove the limiter at some point we'll never know for sure...

Edit: My bad. I misread your post. I read online somewhere that the top speed with the limiter removed is 174, so I thought that is what you were quoting. 200 mph top speed would be sweet in stock form (with no limiter). I can't guess what it will be, but I'm sure it's more than 174.
WITH the electronic limiter in place the car can go up to 174mph before the limiter kicks in and prevents you from going faster. At 174 the car was still pulling easily and when the limiter kicked in it almost felt like the car just died, it just wouldn't go anymore. Without the limiter in place I'm sure this car can get well into the 180-190 range, and like I said I "heard" somewhere that it can break into the 200s (Not sure how true that is) stock.
Old 08-01-16, 02:45 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
WITH the electronic limiter in place the car can go up to 174mph before the limiter kicks in and prevents you from going faster. At 174 the car was still pulling easily and when the limiter kicked in it almost felt like the car just died, it just wouldn't go anymore. Without the limiter in place I'm sure this car can get well into the 180-190 range, and like I said I "heard" somewhere that it can break into the 200s (Not sure how true that is) stock.
Are you saying 174 mph actual speed or 174 mph displayed on the speedometer in the dash? Where are you getting your information?
Old 08-01-16, 02:56 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The RC F is very very stable at high speeds. As for the limiter, mine kicked in at 177 according to the dash, would be interesting to see the difference with a quality GPS reading.
Old 08-01-16, 03:06 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
The RC F is very very stable at high speeds. As for the limiter, mine kicked in at 177 according to the dash, would be interesting to see the difference with a quality GPS reading.
That's what I'm curious about. In my experience cars usually have about 2 mph of speedo error at 70 mph (68 mph actual) and 5 mph of error at 160 (155 mph actual). So at 177 on the speedo I'm figuring the real speed is 171. If it's really more than that, I'll be happy.
Old 08-04-16, 03:06 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

The closest I've had to a race was today. I had a Merc CLA250 riding behind me for about 10 miles on a 2-lane divided highway. I was travelling at 80 in a 70. They finally decided to pass me. When they got in front of me they slowed down. So I would change lanes to pass and they would speed back up. I bumped it up to 85. They sped up more. Sometimes they would slow down again, but if I changed lanes to pass they would speed up again... They simply did not want me to pass them. I guess they felt like they were winning a race if they stayed in front of me? LOL.

I felt like nailing it and letting them listen to my V8 as I rocketed past them, but I didn't.
I had a similar experience. I was headed home late late at night, it was around 3 am, I was pretty much by myself on the highway. I catch up and pass a MB GLK350 and notice as I pass it that he speeds up to keep up to my speed. Then he speeds up and passes me then slows down to where I pass him again. He then started doing this over and over, passing me and slowing down passing me and slowing down and keep in mind it's 3 am and there's no other cars on a 5 lane highway, he's doing this on the lane right next to the one I was in so I got sick of it. I don't know if he was trying to race (not that he would stand a chance in a glk350) but I punched it and he quickly dissappeared back there somewhere as if it was just standing still. Plus, it really looked too good not to punch it... a desolate straight 5 lane highway in front of me was too much to resist
Old 08-04-16, 04:19 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
I had a similar experience. I was headed home late late at night, it was around 3 am, I was pretty much by myself on the highway. I catch up and pass a MB GLK350 and notice as I pass it that he speeds up to keep up to my speed. Then he speeds up and passes me then slows down to where I pass him again. He then started doing this over and over, passing me and slowing down passing me and slowing down and keep in mind it's 3 am and there's no other cars on a 5 lane highway, he's doing this on the lane right next to the one I was in so I got sick of it. I don't know if he was trying to race (not that he would stand a chance in a glk350) but I punched it and he quickly dissappeared back there somewhere as if it was just standing still. Plus, it really looked too good not to punch it... a desolate straight 5 lane highway in front of me was too much to resist
people in slower cars know they're in slower cars, but want to see you run. It's like asking an 18 wheeler to honk his horn.
Old 08-04-16, 06:15 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
people in slower cars know they're in slower cars, but want to see you run. It's like asking an 18 wheeler to honk his horn.
Lol yeah I guess that's true... happy to oblige
Old 08-05-16, 10:19 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you saying 174 mph actual speed or 174 mph displayed on the speedometer in the dash? Where are you getting your information?
174 mph was displayed on the dash
Old 08-05-16, 01:14 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
174 mph was displayed on the dash
Hmm, then it must vary from car to car. Some of us have seen 177 on the speedometer in the dash. That's why I was asking where you got the 174. Perhaps your speedo has less error than ours and that's why it's different? Otherwise I can't understand why they would be limited at different speeds.
Old 08-05-16, 02:46 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

I finally had a race tonight. Unfortunately I have no idea what type of car it was since it never got in front of me far enough for me to see the rear end and I couldn't tell from the side...

They were next to me on a two lane divided highway at a stop light. They got on it, so I got on it. I pulled about 1 car ahead of them by 80 and I started from about 20-30 in 2nd gear (they also got on it first).

I stayed steady at 80. They got next to me and got on it again. This time I let loose and hit speeds that are better left untold. It was the first time I hit those speeds in this car. I must say that I was a little surprised at how fast it got to those speeds and also at how far behind the other car was when I finally let off...

I now wonder just what the top speed on this car would be if it wasn't for the limiter? I'll certainly be interested if removing the limiter becomes an option in the future. The car was rock solid. The highway wasn't straight.
It was a modded G37. It's someone from work. I've seen them several more times and they don't try to race me anymore. They usually follow me. I recognize the headlights

I discovered it was a G37 because I came up behind them the other night and when I passed them I recognized the headlights again. I don't know how modded it is, but it certainly has exhaust.

Last edited by Davew77; 08-05-16 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-14-16, 01:13 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

I've had several more attempts to best me, but nothing worth writing about. They likely just wanted to see what the car would do. So far I have pulled on everyone who's tried. But it's mostly 6 cylinder vehicles that try me.

I see a red GT Mustang every day after work, along with the G37 I raced already. I think they are friends because I've seen them race but the GT hasn't tried me once and we've lined up at a red light a few times. I'm guessing the G37 guy told him how bad he lost in the triple digit speeds? *shrug* (I rarely instigate races, but I happily accept challenges)

Are the V8's afraid of losing to a Lexus, or do they just not consider us a threat?

Last edited by Davew77; 08-14-16 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-15-16, 05:47 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

I've had several more attempts to best me, but nothing worth writing about. They likely just wanted to see what the car would do. So far I have pulled on everyone who's tried. But it's mostly 6 cylinder vehicles that try me.

I see a red GT Mustang every day after work, along with the G37 I raced already. I think they are friends because I've seen them race but the GT hasn't tried me once and we've lined up at a red light a few times. I'm guessing the G37 guy told him how bad he lost in the triple digit speeds? *shrug* (I rarely instigate races, but I happily accept challenges)

Are the V8's afraid of losing to a Lexus, or do they just not consider us a threat?
Maybe the v8 stang is waiting for parts to come in. It's too cheap for them to go fast. There is no way we can catch up with the minimal we are able to do
Old 08-15-16, 07:05 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

First "race" with the RC F and it was with an R8 ! My wife was in her NX behind me and my son in the passenger seat snapped a pic at the light

He had an adult female passenger and I took off a half second before while we we rolling at about 60 kph. I had my daughter in the front seat (100 lbs). I expected him to overtake me and he never did! I was always about one car length ahead then I let go at 140 kph and he passed me. His passenger gave me the thumbs up.

Quick Reply: I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race